X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    13.5 to Seoul in DL Premium Select. 12.5 back in C+. Not one wink of sleep on either flight.

5.5 hours SFO-BOS last October in domestic Delta One. I put the seat into lie-flat mode, and slept maybe an hour at best.

7 from JFK-Frankfurt last month, in lie-flat biz class. I managed a 2-3 hour nap, but that's not proper sleep.

I know I'm an "av geek" and get overly excited about being on a plane, but I still don't understand how people manage to sleep on airplanes. Especially in steerage.
    last 3x mookie has been in first class emirates, he didn't even shower. was asleep as soon as we lifted so i could drop the seat into flatbed... then was awaken by the stew (or dude stew) as we were almost on the ground. love how they let you go as long as possible did the shower once. fun to say you've done it of course, but almost like eating at primanti brothers once is good
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Funny how Hilary sat through all her hearings.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...hearing-report

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        I get about 6 weeks PTO at my job, can carry over 1 week per year. Like mookie, lots of 3 and 4 day weekends. I like it like that.
        I earn 20 hours per month and for every day we work on a local holiday it's +1 additional day. Unused hours up to 160 are paid out (taxable of course) in February the following year.

Comment

13.5 to Seoul in DL Premium Select. 12.5 back in C+. Not one wink of sleep on either flight.

5.5 hours SFO-BOS last October in domestic Delta One. I put the seat into lie-flat mode, and slept maybe an hour at best.

7 from JFK-Frankfurt last month, in lie-flat biz class. I managed a 2-3 hour nap, but that's not proper sleep.

I know I'm an "av geek" and get overly excited about being on a plane, but I still don't understand how people manage to sleep on airplanes. Especially in steerage.
          I did a direct flight to Egypt years ago...maybe half an hour. Paris last year...not even close to a wink either way. The girlfriend usually falls asleep a half hour in.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I did a direct flight to Egypt years ago...maybe half an hour. Paris last year...not even close to a wink either way. The girlfriend usually falls asleep a half hour in.
            Are you sure you aren’t just boring her?
            I kid, I kid!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Are you sure you aren’t just boring her?
              I kid, I kid!!
              Im watching TV...if anything she should be jazzed up cause I am ignoring her
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

mookie doesn't, but a colleague packs something.... melatonin? he swallows some 30min before boarding and is out like a light. over the counter
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Melatonin and a bourbon. That would knock me out I. Like 15-20.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Melatonin only works for me half the time in general...I will probably try but I dont expect much.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Melatonin is indeed the thing. I can't sleep on a plane (and even have a hard time as a passenger on a road trip), but I adjust rather quickly, for whatever reason, so it doesn't bother/affect me.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Melatonin only works for me half the time in general...
                        It is getting very scary how much I find myself agreeing with you over the past several months...

Comment

Melatonin sadly didn’t work for me, nor does Advil pm. Found that out the hard way on a flight across the Atlantic- I’m allergic to Benadryl so it actually makes me more active.
                          Research lately seems to say the best way to not be disrupted is to adjust yourself to final destination time as soon as you get on the plane- so if that means not sleeping the whole time, you may not want to sleep a lot.

Comment

Benadryl just gives me a narcoleptic hangover if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep.

I tend to agree with the "don't sleep" philosophy when flying west, unless you're on one of those flights to Asia that depart between midnight and 2am. Flying east with an 11am-12pm departure that arrives at 9 or 10am Eastern is another matter.

IIRC, isn't this the Trump thread?
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-28-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Benadryl just gives me a narcoleptic hangover if I don't get at least 8 hours of sleep.

I tend to agree with the "don't sleep" philosophy when flying west, unless you're on one of those flights to Asia that depart between midnight and 2am. Flying east with an 11am-12pm departure that arrives at 9 or 10am Eastern is another matter.

IIRC, isn't this the Trump thread?
                              Trump doesn't have to sleep. He has the bestest awake time. It's yuge. And when he sleeps, it's the greatest sleep. Just watch. He's the most rested, and most aware.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                It is getting very scary how much I find myself agreeing with you over the past several months...
                                It ain't a treat for me either
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X