Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

  1. #901
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,990

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    “Insiders say President Trump has confused engineers as he micromanages plans for the border wall with unique requests, including that it be painted a "flat black" so that in the summer the temperature becomes too hot for people to scale. He's reportedly also graphically described the injuries he hopes people sustain from the wall, which he wants to be made sharp.”

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...V7QX6IIcB_76EY
    This didn't come from The Onion?

  2. #902
    War Mongering Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    40,304

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Why not just put them in the pound with the homeless dogs?

    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...florida-report
    USA Today reported Friday that officials in Broward and Palm Beach counties say the federal government plans to release 1,000 migrant families per month, split between the two counties, with no apparent plans to house or feed the hundreds of families bound for Florida every month.

    “The blatant politics, sending them to the two most Democratic Counties in the state of Florida, is ridiculous,” state Sen. Gary Farmer (D), of Broward County, told Politico. “You can’t make this stuff up.”

    The White House did not immediately return a request for comment Friday on the plans.

    Farmer told Politico that his county did not fit the Trump administration's previous threats to release immigrants in so-called sanctuary cities, which prevent local law enforcement from working with federal immigration authorities.

    “That is so typically Trump,” he told the outlet. “When the facts don’t fit the narrative, you slightly adjust the narrative.”
    Isnt the idea to get the migrants OUT of the country? Putting them in sanctuary cities seems...counter-productive.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #903
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Isnt the idea to get the migrants OUT of the country? Putting them in sanctuary cities seems...counter-productive.
    He wants them there, in Democrat strongholds, to hopefully cause chaos, disruption, over-extend services, and cause voters to blame Democrats for all of it.

    In short, typical Trump sleaze.

  4. #904

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    23,122
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    He wants them there, in Democrat strongholds, to hopefully cause chaos, disruption, over-extend services, and cause voters to blame Democrats for all of it.

    In short, typical Trump sleaze.
    Yep, was trying to type out the same and you beat me to it. This is 100% in Trump's wheelhouse of "Causing sh** to get his way."

    Now, with a sudden influx of illegals in sanctuary communities:

    - There will be the initial push back from Dems who may have legitimate concerns about housing, medical, and etc. in those areas, which FOX and Friends (and thus the WH) can go "See! Even the Dems don't want these people!"

    - The influx of confused, lonely, and lost illegals in such a confined area will lead to desperation if basic amenities are not provided. This will likely cause increased policing and tap resources in these communities, again making for a nice FOX and Friends talking point of how "Those people are just worthless drains on our finances."

    - If/When the communities make this work (for a bit), the GOP talking shifts to how many are in each community receiving "socialist welfare" and taking money from the pockets of good honest 'Muricans who better deserve it in an effort to rile up the meth mouth delegates in his base.

    - When crime numbers jump, they'll push the narrative towards "See, we tried it the Dems way, it doesn't work, so we gotta do it my way," (even though they rigged the game in their favor from the start).

    - Then they'll expand the Wal-Mart Concentration Camp program because, well, GOP.

    It's all pretty cut and dried. All they need to do is drive a couple travel buses of illegals to these areas in the next week and let FOX and Friends do their heavy work.
    Last edited by aparch; 05-17-2019 at 05:34 PM.

  5. #905
    War Mongering Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    40,304
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    He wants them there, in Democrat strongholds, to hopefully cause chaos, disruption, over-extend services, and cause voters to blame Democrats for all of it.

    In short, typical Trump sleaze.
    Except the people in those cities want to protect the migrants so...yeah.

  6. #906
    War Mongering Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    40,304
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Yep, was trying to type out the same and you beat me to it. This is 100% in Trump's wheelhouse of "Causing sh** to get his way."

    Now, with a sudden influx of illegals in sanctuary communities:

    - There will be the initial push back from Dems who may have legitimate concerns about housing, medical, and etc. in those areas, which FOX and Friends (and thus the WH) can go "See! Even the Dems don't want these people!"

    - The influx of confused, lonely, and lost illegals in such a confined area will lead to desperation if basic amenities are not provided. This will likely cause increased policing and tap resources in these communities, again making for a nice FOX and Friends talking point of how "Those people are just worthless drains on our finances."

    - If/When the communities make this work (for a bit), the GOP talking shifts to how many are in each community receiving "socialist welfare" and taking money from the pockets of good honest 'Muricans who better deserve it in an effort to rile up the meth mouth delegates in his base.

    - When crime numbers jump, they'll push the narrative towards "See, we tried it the Dems way, it doesn't work, so we gotta do it my way," (even though they rigged the game in their favor from the start).

    - Then they'll expand the Wal-Mart Concentration Camp program because, well, GOP.

    It's all pretty cut and dried. All they need to do is drive a couple travel buses of illegals to these areas in the next week and let FOX and Friends do their heavy work.
    Yeah I get all that but again...if you ship the illegals to cities that wants to protect illegals it wont have the effect they think it will.

  7. #907
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,494

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    He wants them there, in Democrat strongholds, to hopefully cause chaos, disruption, over-extend services, and cause voters to blame Democrats for all of it.

    In short, typical Trump sleaze.
    Trump fits in well with Republicans' affinity for politics circa 1864. Fear and hate mongering, name calling, and generally appealing to the basest instincts.

  8. #908
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Except the people in those cities want to protect the migrants so...yeah.
    They don't want their police forces acting as a Gestapo towards them.

    If a major influx of them without a corresponding government resource allocation to handle them, if such cause crime to increase, if it puts a strain on already overtaxed government services and agencies, we'll see how they might feel then.

    That's what Trump is counting on. Its the same as he's doing with Obama care. Keep the numbers in the system, but keep squeezing the resources allocated to it, keep strangling its ability to operate effectively, and wait for people to become so dis-satisfied that they give up on it and start the clamor for something else, or it just collapses on its own.

  9. #909
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    42,379

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    - When crime numbers jump, they'll push the narrative towards "See, we tried it the Dems way, it doesn't work, so we gotta do it my way," (even though they rigged the game in their favor from the start)..
    why would crime numbers jump?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  10. #910
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,409

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    sounds a little authoritarian

    That doesn't make sense...didn't Obama "order" it? Someone told me it's not treason if the president does it...

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  11. #911
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    30,990

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why would crime numbers jump?
    Dumping people in a place with no resources is not the same thing as someone coming here legally and over-staying their visa, or coming across illegally to find work.

    Whether it will or will not cause measurable chaos or not it's a completely different birthing method.

  12. #912
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,482
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why would crime numbers jump?
    They wouldn't, necessarily. And I'm not saying that immigrants bring crime with them. But if city services are over-stretched as a result, so some people that could be receiving help but now can't, cause there's nothing left in the budget, if there's lack of housing available, they may need to seek other ways just to get by.

  13. #913
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,864

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    From nowhere Australia’s ‘far right’ party won their general election today. A lot of people incredibly upset and with good reason. Not a great omen for our country’s election next year.

  14. #914
    Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    31,445

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    From nowhere Australia’s ‘far right’ party won their general election today. A lot of people incredibly upset and with good reason. Not a great omen for our country’s election next year.
    It always was the Empire's Texas.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  15. #915
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    15,101

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Trump's playing a dangerous game.

    Put migrants into sanctuary cities and if the cities:

    - can support them he's just created a stronger than ever D stronghold, a whole new opposition base.
    - can't support them, and start to feel negative impacts (see rufus' musings), he gets to blame the opposition, and hoist them by their own petard.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  16. #916
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,741

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    The cities should board them in Trump properties. I'd hear his screaming from my back yard.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  17. #917
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,237

    Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

    Wouldn’t he make money on that?

    How delicious would it be to have cities start condemning his buildings. I’d donate to that Kickstarter.

  18. #918
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Trump's playing a dangerous game.

    Put migrants into sanctuary cities and if the cities:

    - can support them he's just created a stronger than ever D stronghold, a whole new opposition base.
    - can't support them, and start to feel negative impacts (see rufus' musings), he gets to blame the opposition, and hoist them by their own petard.
    Isn’t it great your guy is using these peoples lives to play political games?

  19. #919
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,482
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wouldn’t he make money on that?

    How delicious would it be to have cities start condemning his buildings. I’d donate to that Kickstarter.
    Eminent domain to house immigrants

  20. #920
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,482
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Isn’t it great your guy is using these peoples lives to play political games?
    Anything and everything is just a pawn to be used to get what Trump wants.

    Even the security and the economy of the United States.

    Good job, Trump voters.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •