Isnt the idea to get the migrants OUT of the country? Putting them in sanctuary cities seems...counter-productive.USA Today reported Friday that officials in Broward and Palm Beach counties say the federal government plans to release 1,000 migrant families per month, split between the two counties, with no apparent plans to house or feed the hundreds of families bound for Florida every month.
“The blatant politics, sending them to the two most Democratic Counties in the state of Florida, is ridiculous,” state Sen. Gary Farmer (D), of Broward County, told Politico. “You can’t make this stuff up.”
The White House did not immediately return a request for comment Friday on the plans.
Farmer told Politico that his county did not fit the Trump administration's previous threats to release immigrants in so-called sanctuary cities, which prevent local law enforcement from working with federal immigration authorities.
“That is so typically Trump,” he told the outlet. “When the facts don’t fit the narrative, you slightly adjust the narrative.”
"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
Now, with a sudden influx of illegals in sanctuary communities:
- There will be the initial push back from Dems who may have legitimate concerns about housing, medical, and etc. in those areas, which FOX and Friends (and thus the WH) can go "See! Even the Dems don't want these people!"
- The influx of confused, lonely, and lost illegals in such a confined area will lead to desperation if basic amenities are not provided. This will likely cause increased policing and tap resources in these communities, again making for a nice FOX and Friends talking point of how "Those people are just worthless drains on our finances."
- If/When the communities make this work (for a bit), the GOP talking shifts to how many are in each community receiving "socialist welfare" and taking money from the pockets of good honest 'Muricans who better deserve it in an effort to rile up the meth mouth delegates in his base.
- When crime numbers jump, they'll push the narrative towards "See, we tried it the Dems way, it doesn't work, so we gotta do it my way," (even though they rigged the game in their favor from the start).
- Then they'll expand the Wal-Mart Concentration Camp program because, well, GOP.
It's all pretty cut and dried. All they need to do is drive a couple travel buses of illegals to these areas in the next week and let FOX and Friends do their heavy work.
Last edited by aparch; 05-17-2019 at 05:34 PM.
If a major influx of them without a corresponding government resource allocation to handle them, if such cause crime to increase, if it puts a strain on already overtaxed government services and agencies, we'll see how they might feel then.
That's what Trump is counting on. Its the same as he's doing with Obama care. Keep the numbers in the system, but keep squeezing the resources allocated to it, keep strangling its ability to operate effectively, and wait for people to become so dis-satisfied that they give up on it and start the clamor for something else, or it just collapses on its own.
Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
Originally posted by Quizmire
mns, this is why i love you.
Originally posted by Markt
MNS - forking genius.
Originally posted by asterisk hat
MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.
Originally posted by hockeybando
I am a fan of MNS.
Whether it will or will not cause measurable chaos or not it's a completely different birthing method.
From nowhere Australia’s ‘far right’ party won their general election today. A lot of people incredibly upset and with good reason. Not a great omen for our country’s election next year.
Trump's playing a dangerous game.
Put migrants into sanctuary cities and if the cities:
- can support them he's just created a stronger than ever D stronghold, a whole new opposition base.
- can't support them, and start to feel negative impacts (see rufus' musings), he gets to blame the opposition, and hoist them by their own petard.
The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.
North Dakota Hockey:
The cities should board them in Trump properties. I'd hear his screaming from my back yard.
"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites
Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions
Wouldn’t he make money on that?
How delicious would it be to have cities start condemning his buildings. I’d donate to that Kickstarter.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)