Congrats to the cities, arenas and host for your selection as sites for the 2020 & 2021 regionals
Could not agree more with the great story by Ben Feree: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...d56bf5226.html
Since we we were able to successfully expand the men's D-I tournament from 12 to 16 teams, I have been campaigning for years that the NCAA Regionals MUST be at the sites of the highest four seeds. They have earned the right to host after playing 30+ games
I agree with Ben that the regionals should be played at the site of the highest seeds. More Fans, More $$$, Great Atmosphere and only one three teams travel, meaning less expenses! There were tons of empty seats in the MHOK and MBBall early rounds and it looks terrible on TV. Also it is not fair to the fans who buy season tickets at the #1 seeds, only to have the most important game(s) of the year be hundreds of miles away. I would think we should get ESPN to chime in on this too, as they did the best job they could hiding all the empty seats.
And maybe (just maybe) we could use this additional revenue to invest in adding even more teams to the NCAA tournament
* #1 Seeds have earned the right to host after 30+ games
* Most all NCAA sports (Except MBB) have high seeds host regionals.
* Pro Sports - Only the Super Bowl is NOT at Highest seed
* Not fair to #1 Seeds to be on neutral ice
* Less Expenses (only three teams (not 4) travel)
* More Fans, Bands, Cheer, Ice Dancers
* More Revenue
* Better Atmposhere
* Better for Season Ticket Holders of #1 Seed
* Better for TV
* Promote need to upgrade and/or replace older facilities on college ice hockey campuses