Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NCAA Regionals Must be on campus

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Sorry, I just don't get the reasoning. You're going to have both regional finals at one site? So one of the sites only has the two first-round games and that's it? What if the fans of the winning team haven't rented cars and can't get from one site to the other? What if they don't want to take public transportation (if it exists)? What if they just booked a hotel for two nights next to the arena where they plan to attend? Are they supposed to cancel the second night and move to another hotel? For one night? Or drive back to their original hotel? It just makes no sense.
    First I would say 75% of the people drive to regionals. Uber is not that tough. Lastly, you make it sound like I want the arenas 150 miles apart. And yes, every other year an arena only gets one night. I would try this on a 4 year basis. Same sites. Each arena would get 6 nights instead of 8. Sick of seeing teams play in front of 3-4000 fans to go to the Frozen 4. If my teams not involved, I'm sure more willing to go to see 2 games at these prices, than one.

Re: NCAA Regionals Must be on campus

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Uh, isn’t that $67k per regional?
    Maybe, but it still doesn't change the overall idea. No matter what hotels cost, or NCAA staffing, the result is going to be that....

As long as schools and arenas bid to host and guarantee them 150K, there is no other system which works out better for the NCAA than the current one. And, that is the reason there won't be any changes.

And, truthfully, I don't blame them. They are not making a killing, for sure. This is one tournament where they can at least have some profit. So, as long as it is available, why not?

Go 'cats!

UNH has figured a way to make it work as recurring Northeast Regional host in Manchester. We are fortunate to have a consistent crowd in the Queen City even when the host and Maine are not here.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

All it takes is two to be a network Ed Trefzger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Uh, isnít that $67k per regional?
    Yes.

Thread Information