Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

So the President f-ing hates my girlfriend.

Sue Bird is a national treasure.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Happy 30th birthday to Alex Morgan.

A hat trick makes a lovely gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        So the President f-ing hates my girlfriend.

Sue Bird is a national treasure.
        That's wonderful.

Of all places Deadspin actually captured her with the perfect headline.

Dump, Fox, and Republicans are such adolescent haters. The trolls in my office are rooting for the USA "except for that woman." I said "every member of the team supports that woman, so you might as well hate all of them." Go USA! Go Megan! F-ck the haters; they don't matter, their time is over. We are leaving the slow kids to stew in their own filth and violence.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The trolls in my office are rooting for the USA "except for that woman."
          Out of curiosity, how many of them could run all of 50 yards without getting winded?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            That's wonderful.

Of all places Deadspin actually captured her with the perfect headline.

Dump, Fox, and Republicans are such adolescent haters. The trolls in my office are rooting for the USA "except for that woman." I said "every member of the team supports that woman, so you might as well hate all of them." Go USA! Go Megan! F-ck the haters; they don't matter, their time is over. We are leaving the slow kids to stew in their own filth and violence.
            My favorite was this one:
            https://deadspin.com/nation-with-zer...cha-1836019324
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Out of curiosity, how many of them could run all of 50 yards without getting winded?
              There is one super athletic ex-mil woman in my office who could crush us all. She's a lunatic far right "bomb them back to the stone age" nutbar but she loves Rapinoe and the whole team (she's obviously a lesbian but she comes from a Fundy thunder god family so she either has no clue or she's miserable, closeted, and feels shame because Her Religion Is F-cking Stupid).

All of the males are Foxies -- either old, white, fat, leering Hannity types or ex-mil black guys with Ben Carson bumper stickers and a desperately sad desire to please The Man by showing they're "one of the good ones."
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                That was good, too.

The USWNT is arrogant. I'm sure it's irritating but the proper response is to knock them off their perch. It's like NYC. Haters gonna hate, sure. But until you beat them in... anything... it's just sour grapes.
                Cornell University

Comment

Apparently the US has been accused of sending team reps to spy at the hotel Team England is staying at. They said they were scouting the hotel as a possible move should they win their next match, but FIFA responded claiming they assign the hotel each team stays at not the team itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Apparently the US has been accused of sending team reps to spy at the hotel Team England is staying at. They said they were scouting the hotel as a possible move should they win their next match, but FIFA responded claiming they assign the hotel each team stays at not the team itself.
                    If caught, the rep needs to say they regret having but one life to give for their country.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      That was good, too.

The USWNT is arrogant. I'm sure it's irritating but the proper response is to knock them off their perch. It's like NYC. Haters gonna hate, sure. But until you beat them in... anything... it's just sour grapes.
                      The sad part is they are beatable, they’re technically and tactically weak and are over reliant on athleticism, it’s just nobody really has been able to put together a plan and execute said plan to beat them outside of Sweden in 2016 and Japan in 2011 and even those two needed luck.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

They are going to need to be at their best I think the rest of the way. They've had luck on their side often and you can't rely on that forever. They are still the most athletic team left and I don't necessarily agree they're technically weak. England will have a lot of the French fans cheering for them, although they already beat the home team on their soil so it may not matter much if at all. But I really hope their arrogance doesn't get the best of them before it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          They are going to need to be at their best I think the rest of the way. They've had luck on their side often and you can't rely on that forever. They are still the most athletic team left and I don't necessarily agree they're technically weak. England will have a lot of the French fans cheering for them, although they already beat the home team on their soil so it may not matter much if at all. But I really hope their arrogance doesn't get the best of them before it's done.
                          Anybody ever beating us is Lake Placid 1980, and it's happened 4 times in 7 tries. That's what amazes me. We're basically the only country who both treats women like a semblance of human beings and is huge and has figured out how to monetize this. We should be going for 8 -- it's kind of a miracle it's only 3 so far. Maybe we threw a couple -- it is soccer.

But that's why I can stand rooting for us. :-) We may be the Yankees but we blow it enough to still be tolerable.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Anybody ever beating us is Lake Placid 1980, and it's happened 4 times in 7 tries. That's what amazes me. We're basically the only country who both treats women like a semblance of human beings and is huge and has figured out how to monetize this. We should be going for 8 -- it's kind of a miracle it's only 3 so far. Maybe we threw a couple -- it is soccer.

But that's why I can stand rooting for us. :-) We may be the Yankees but we blow it enough to still be tolerable.
                            You overrate the US Women and underrate plenty of their past opponents.

The US won in 1991 because they had the literal GOAT Michelle Akers in her prime. But Norway and China were always right there. It’s not really surprising Norway won in 95, mid-90’s to early 2000 US-Norway was a real rivalry and every game was close. Even in 99 the US needed luck in a comeback win against Germany and a goal line clearance plus a referee not paying attention against China. 2003 and 2007 were the wilderness years, most of the 91ers were or should’ve been gone and the talent was either not there or not ready while Germany was using a golden generation to finally win. 2011 was really the only upset, they should’ve beat Japan but just couldn’t put them away.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              You overrate the US Women and underrate plenty of their past opponents.

The US won in 1991 because they had the literal GOAT Michelle Akers in her prime. But Norway and China were always right there. It’s not really surprising Norway won in 95, mid-90’s to early 2000 US-Norway was a real rivalry and every game was close. Even in 99 the US needed luck in a comeback win against Germany and a goal line clearance plus a referee not paying attention against China. 2003 and 2007 were the wilderness years, most of the 91ers were or should’ve been gone and the talent was either not there or not ready while Germany was using a golden generation to finally win. 2011 was really the only upset, they should’ve beat Japan but just couldn’t put them away.
                              The US is a globally-dominant, multinational factory churning out mass-produced superwomen from an enormous, rich population to play a sport created by us so we could win something in the world's most popular sport and use it to sell beer and cars. The Earth's entire women's soccer population is CONCACAF: we are the one giant and then on top of that we throw gobs of money and science at it and the refs cheat for us because that brings in the most money. Anybody who beats us is the moral equivalent of Leon Spinks, every time. We're the Vampire Squid and every opponent ever is a Mom & Pop lemonade stand.

If I was from any other country on earth I'd hate US women's soccer the way I hate the Plutes and for exactly the same reason.

But just this once I'm a Plute and I'm gonna thrill to the coke-fueled joy of kicking the living sh-t out of people a hundred time smaller and poorer than we are, because I can. Fulfill my bloodlust! U! S! A!
                              Last edited by Kepler; 07-02-2019, 12:49 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

The US is a globally-dominant, multinational factory churning out mass-produced superwomen from an enormous, rich population to play a sport created by us so we could win something in the world's most popular sport and use it to sell beer and cars. The Earth's entire women's soccer population is CONCACAF: we are the one giant and then on top of that we throw gobs of money and science at it and the refs cheat for us because that brings in the most money. Anybody who beats us is the moral equivalent of Leon Spinks, every time. We're the Vampire Squid and every opponent ever is a Mom & Pop lemonade stand.

If I was from any other country on earth I'd hate US women's soccer the way I hate the Plutes and for exactly the same reason.

But just this once I'm a Plute and I'm gonna thrill to the coke-fueled joy of kicking the living sh-t out of people a hundred time smaller and poorer than we are, because I can. Fulfill my bloodlust! U! S! A!
                                :facepalm:

Never mind Kep, at least you can admit you’re an idiot.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X