Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I don't see a problem.

Hubba hubba hubba
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Hubba hubba hubba
      Stay in your lane. Different yellow fever.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Mallory Pugh scored her first ever World Cup goal. Should she have quietly returned to midfield and not celebrated? Let me know when you do.
        I thought her celebration wasn't that over the top, but in general settle down, Sparky. It's a legitimate discussion:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          I thought her celebration wasn't that over the top, but in general settle down, Sparky. It's a legitimate discussion
          Never challenge ZEE HOMELAND!!! That makes you a seditious monster.

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            I didn't realize winning all 3 of your group games was required to win the overall tournament

You get upset over people for putting too much stock in the Men's team's recent performances, but if the Women have one blip in performance during the preliminary stage of the World Cup, the sky is falling...

Perfect sense
            Not a “sky is falling” thing at all. In fact, as admitted here before, I don’t care much about the WNT.

But yeah, if the WNT can’t beat Sweden then it’s a cause for concern because recent history has shown they struggle against top teams like France and England at home.

Also, friendlies =/= games at a World Cup.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Mookie is adopting U’jpest as his team to follow after NUFC
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

France beats Norway 2-1 thanks to a VAR that essentially called a penalty on a clearing attempt.

Nigeria upset Korea 2-0, so SK is effectively eliminated with a -6 goal differential. Nigeria isn’t in a great position either as they have to try to draw points against the host while Norway gets Korea.

Germany also clinched a knockout round berth with another 1-0 win against Spain.
                Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 06-12-2019, 03:55 PM.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  If they can’t beat Sweden then they can’t win the World Cup. I’d say that’s a bigger problem.
                  Completely false. Completely incorrect. Do you even know how the tournament works?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Completely false. Completely incorrect. Do you even know how the tournament works?
                    Yes I understand how the tournament works.

Do you understand how compare and contrast works?
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Have you seen how bad we are?
                      Seattle started a 16 year old in midfield. And not like a “he’s about to be 17” kid, he turned 16 last month. Kid signed a professional contract at 15.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Yes I understand how the tournament works.

Do you understand how compare and contrast works?
                        Yes I do. LOL

The bottom line is, people who were complaining about running up the score don't understand it's important to do. If you happen to stumble in group play (and plenty of great teams have stumbled in group play and gone on to win the World Cup or any other tournament in any other sport, so compare and contrast doesn't always play a role), you want to be able to resort to Plan B to advance. And goal differential is Plan B. I don't care about anything else when making that original post.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Seattle started a 16 year old in midfield. And not like a “he’s about to be 17” kid, he turned 16 last month. Kid signed a professional contract at 15.
                          When then obviously he's Pele.

But yeah, we won, so you guys must have brutal injuries.

It was a good night for the city of St. Louis. Their FC uses the fleur-de-lis which every St. Louis team should.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-13-2019, 07:08 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Yes I do. LOL

The bottom line is, people who were complaining about running up the score don't understand it's important to do. If you happen to stumble in group play (and plenty of great teams have stumbled in group play and gone on to win the World Cup or any other tournament in any other sport, so compare and contrast doesn't always play a role), you want to be able to resort to Plan B to advance. And goal differential is Plan B. I don't care about anything else when making that original post.
                            I haven't seen anyone on here complaining about running up the score. We're discussing the excessive celebrations while running up the score.

Comment

You wonder how much truth there is to this:

Did they celebrate a little bit in excess to get the attention of media that would usually just pretend this tournament isn't happening? I don't know about motive, but I know the result will be increased attention on the tournament in this country and hopefully elsewhere as well.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The next Freddy Adu?
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X