Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Do you have any evidence otherwise?

I’ll watch Premier League over MLS mostly because they know who they are. MLS has no actual character other than trying to be someone else. Just like most US football. With predictable results.
    Because people like you are impossible to please. MLS could give you a $100 and you’d complain about the way it was folded.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      This is gonna need some ‘splaining:
      Won't happen.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Won't happen.
        It will. Pretty soon CONCACAF will have to implement VAR, otherwise CONCACAF referees won’t be going to FIFA tournaments. And with VAR that isn’t going to be missed.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It will. Pretty soon CONCACAF will have to implement VAR, otherwise CONCACAF referees won’t be going to FIFA tournaments. And with VAR that isn’t going to be missed.
          They may have to implement VAR...but I'll eat my hat if they actually explain why that didn't get called at all.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            They may have to implement VAR...but I'll eat my hat if they actually explain why that didn't get called at all.
            Oh they won’t, it’s CONCACAF. And the referee will skate through unharmed because he’s young and he did what the powers that be ask for. And he’s likely to go to the next World Cup because he does that and he’s from a country with a slim chance of ever qualifying.

The clock is ticking on this stuff from CONCACAF though, it just depends on how long they can put off VAR.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Oh they won’t, it’s CONCACAF. And the referee will skate through unharmed because he’s young and he did what the powers that be ask for. And he’s likely to go to the next World Cup because he does that and he’s from a country with a slim chance of ever qualifying.

The clock is ticking on this stuff from CONCACAF though, it just depends on how long they can put off VAR.
              Im assuming CONCACAF doesn't have it yet because while the USA/Mexico/Canada could do it tomorrow, the rest would struggle to pay for it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                To me, it is boring, for the most part. "gay" or for "f*ots?" Not in my vocabulary. I do reference "field fairies," but that is not in reference to their sexuality, it's in direct reference to diving
                “I call him a n***er. But that’s not a reference to his race, it’s because reasons.”

You don’t get to redefine a word because you think it means something else. Field fairy is a direct reference to sexuality and you should stop saying it. Else you be confused with a bigot...
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Im assuming CONCACAF doesn't have it yet because while the USA/Mexico/Canada could do it tomorrow, the rest would struggle to pay for it?
                  That would be my guess, and I would assume it’s an issue in other places like Africa and parts of Asia and Europe as well.

I think it’ll hit a point where they just have to grit their teeth and implement it. Honestly, making it a requirement for teams in League A of the upcoming CONCACAF Nations League would be a perfect place to start (it would also give referees a chance for experience with it).
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    “I call him a n***er. But that’s not a reference to his race, it’s because reasons.”

You don’t get to redefine a word because you think it means something else. Field fairy is a direct reference to sexuality and you should stop saying it. Else you be confused with a bigot...
                    A fairie is a weakling to me. No sexual context whatsoever. I don't get to redefine a word? The words "gay" and "queer" were redefined, in a bad way, but redefined nonetheless. Why can't a word be redefined to a less offensive definition?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      A fairie is a weakling to me. No sexual context whatsoever. I don't get to redefine a word? The words "gay" and "queer" were redefined, in a bad way, but redefined nonetheless. Why can't a word be redefined to a less offensive definition?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        That's not how words work.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

MLS could give you a $100 and you’d complain about the way it was folded.
                          I like this, is it original?

I prefer EPL too but it's strictly because I like the slightly off-centerness of a different country's traditions. It's exotic, if you can describe failed rust belt towns like Birmingham or Sheffield as "exotic."

That's just something MLS won't ever have for me. If I was a Brit I'd probably watch MLS.

As far as the fun of the actual game goes, great soccer is amazing and then the entertainment quality drops off precipitously. I would rather go to work than watch NC$$ soccer. MLS is somewhere in between but for me it is only watchable when I have a rooting interest and then it's still meh. Like I told you I had built up a attempted Fulham fandom but I didn't even bother watching this last brief EPL appearance because even at that highest level when one of the teams sucks it's unwatchable. It's not even funny at that point, like watching bad American football. It's just depressing like watching the Mets.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 07-08-2019, 01:59 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Because people like you are impossible to please. MLS could give you a $100 and you’d complain about the way it was folded.
                            Ok, then just give up on trying so hard to be something else, and be US Soccer. If you are going to just dismiss the people who you are trying to get, then it's a doomed effort.

BTW, nice assumption on my MLS view. It's clear that you don't think that casual fans, who watch football sometimes, are worth going after. I had thought otherwise.

I do appreciate that you have given me, and many others, permission to just avoid soccer all together, opening up my time and money. I can concentrate on waiting for the two World Cup tournaments. And be a fair weathered "fan" that purists like to be so mad about.
                            Last edited by alfablue; 07-08-2019, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I like this, is it original?

I prefer EPL too but it's strictly because I like the slightly off-centerness of a different country's traditions. It's exotic, if you can describe failed rust belt towns like Birmingham or Sheffield as "exotic."

That's just something MLS won't ever have for me. If I was a Brit I'd probably watch MLS.

As far as the fun of the actual game goes, great soccer is amazing and then the entertainment quality drops off precipitously. I would rather go to work that watch NC$$ soccer. MLS is somewhere in between but for me it is only watchable when I have a rooting interest and then it's still meh. Like I told you I had built up a attempted Fulham fandom but I didn't even bother watching this last brief EPL appearance because even at that highest level when one of the teams sucks it's unwatchable. It's not even funny at that point, like watching bad American football. It's just depressing like watching the Mets.
                              Exotic? It's football. Just like La Liga, or the rest of the Euro leagues.

But it is ENGLISH. It does not try to be something that it's not. Just like all the other football leagues not called MLS.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Exotic? It's football.
                                No, the football isn't exotic. The bangers and mash are.

I don't think I get what your complaint about MLS is. It's soccer, too. It's not association soccer -- the Soviet Central Committee model ensures it will never be. But on the pitch it's the same game, just kinda lame like maybe Championship.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 07-08-2019, 06:43 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X