Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    No, you weren't. You may have thought you were, but I could've shown it to my wife and it would've been gibberish to her.

The simple answer was "yes, a team can form and win 20-something straight games and win the US Open Cup."

What you said was there are regional qualifiers, with no explanation for how those are determined or if, in theory, anyone could win one ala Dodgeball.
    It was quite clear:
    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    This is the real first round. The rest is qualifying for amateur clubs, of which 8 qualify for this round along with 14 NPSL, 10 USL2, 6 USL1 teams to get here. Anyone under the "Local Qualifiers" has the chance to be a cinderella. 5 of them one their 1st round match.
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The FA Cup has qualifying rounds too ya know.

Any registered club in the US can enter and go through the qualifying process.

Edit: the FA Cup has only 32 non-League clubs in the proper tournament. Only 736 teams entered.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Even easier, was finding this in two clicks on Wikipedia:

2019 US Open Cup Qualification.

Relevant part:
      Clubs based in the United States that play in a league that is an organization member of U.S. Soccer are generally eligible to compete for the U.S. Open Cup, if their league includes at least four teams and has a schedule of at least 10 matches for each club.[2]
      The reference links to this: The 2019 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Handbook.

That took me less than five minutes after one Google search of “US Open Cup”.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Jim you're wrong. You overreacted and you gave anything but a simple and precise answer to an innocuous question.

Comment

Taking the L and moving the conversation on (slightly), found this Twitter thread by the Chairman of Accrington Stanley, a League One (Third Division) team, talking finances in lower league soccer and pro/rel.

I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Taking the L and moving the conversation on (slightly), found this Twitter thread by the Chairman of Accrington Stanley, a League One (Third Division) team, talking finances in lower league soccer and pro/rel.

Well what is it?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Well what is it?
              Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Comment

You’ll have to click on the tweet to read his entire thread but tl;dr:

The prevailing thought is that as you rise up the ladder income goes up as well, that clubs can go into debt because promotion will garner more income to offset said debt. Income does go up slightly but it is offset by a significant increase in costs in keeping the team competitive. He states that outside of the Top 6 of the PL, most everyone is likely losing money or barely profitable. On the other end, relegating out of D3 is also worse because there’s a huge risk of one bad season causing you to relegate from D4 and out of the Football League altogether and causing a huge financial disaster that you can’t recover from.
                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 05-11-2019, 02:47 PM.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

You’ll have to click on the tweet to read his entire thread but tl;dr:

The prevailing thought is that as you rise up the ladder income goes up as well, that clubs can go into debt because promotion will garner more income to offset said debt. Income does go up slightly but it is offset by a significant increase in costs in keeping the team competitive. He states that outside of the Top 6 of the PL, most everyone is likely losing money or barely profitable. On the other end, relegating out of D3 is also worse because there’s a huge risk of one bad season causing you to relegate from D4 and out of the Football League altogether and causing a huge financial disaster that you can’t recover from.
                  Well then it is money
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

@NESN: The New England Revolution name Bruce Arena as their new head coach and sporting director. @ItsRachelHolt shares the story. https://***********/NESN/status/1128...984640/video/1
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      @NESN: The New England Revolution name Bruce Arena as their new head coach and sporting director. @ItsRachelHolt shares the story. https://***********/NESN/status/1128...984640/video/1
                      Lol I saw that earlier. What a hilariously New England type move. Maybe they’ll get above Orlando.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

US Open Cup Second Round started last night. One major upset with amateur side Florida Soccer Soldiers beating USL-Championship side Charlotte Independence on Kicks.

Other than that, USL-C sides ruled the day winning the other matches.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

USLC sides ruled the day again with the exception of Forward Madison (the only USL1 side to survive) and Orange County FC (OCFC)...the only NPSL side to survive. We're down to 19 USLC teams, one each from USL1, NPSL, LQs plus the 21 MLS sides which will join in after the next round. Go OCFC, Forward Madison and Florida Soccer Soldiers (LQ)!
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

******* none of that resonates for me at all. Not a knock on you but on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              USLC sides ruled the day again with the exception of Forward Madison (the only USL1 side to survive) and Orange County FC (OCFC)...the only NPSL side to survive. We're down to 19 USLC teams, one each from USL1, NPSL, LQs plus the 21 MLS sides which will join in after the next round. Go OCFC, Forward Madison and Florida Soccer Soldiers (LQ)!
                              I think Forward Madison’s success is a combination of social media game and these sweet jerseys:
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think Forward Madison’s success is a combination of social media game and these sweet jerseys:
                                their whole launch has been great! Got myself a scarf.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X