Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I spelled it out a long time ago and you all scoffed.

Pay the men and women the same base salary and give bonuses based on performance in major tournaments, like the World Cup. That might motivate the men to actually qualify for 2022...
    First off, why is it every piece of this discussion HAS to have an insult towards the Menís team? How does that help the discussion at all?

Second, your proposal is impossible to implement. The Menís players do not have a salary, they are paid per appearance, if they arenít called in then they donít get paid. In fact, until this last CBA, a player only got paid if they made the game day roster. Get called in but donít play? You only get per diem. But the men donít need a salary from US Soccer, they have a club paying them anyway.

The women however need a salary from US Soccer, the club landscape is so barren itís a necessity (well, the stars probably could get a decent check from Lyon). The NWSL canít survive without subsidies from the USSF. Taking that away at this point kills the WNT program.

Bonuses? I can understand getting things closer on things like win bonuses and appearance fees, knowing that their guaranteed salaries will moderate their bonuses. But some things must remain unequal, paying the men and women an equal bonus for qualifying for the World Cup would down right insulting to the men. The Womenís qualifying process is a 5 game tournament all played in the US, the Menís is a 16 month slog with trips to some of the toughest environments in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Somehow you failed to quote this part...

I'm sure it was an oversight.
    And frankly, they will have earned it.

Now, should FIFA be paying equal prize money for both World Cups? Absolutely.

Re: World Soccer XXIX: Pro/Rel USA! just kidding!

Snoop weighs in.

ďIn a video posted to his Instagram, Snoop Dogg called out unequal pay for the US women's soccer team: ďSorry *** f-cking men from the U.S. team may never win sh-t, ain't ever win sh-t, can't even get out the f--king first round... Man, pay them ladies, man. Pay the girls what they're worth.Ē

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...n2Hsv8vvfBWyDc

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Snoop weighs in.

ďIn a video posted to his Instagram, Snoop Dogg called out unequal pay for the US women's soccer team: ďSorry *** f-cking men from the U.S. team may never win sh-t, ain't ever win sh-t, can't even get out the f--king first round... Man, pay them ladies, man. Pay the girls what they're worth.Ē

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...n2Hsv8vvfBWyDc
    :facepalm:

These are the times I really hate being a soccer fan in this country.

Somehow you failed to quote this part...

I'm sure it was an oversight.
    That's on FIFA, not US Soccer.

The mods have received so many complaints about you that you are probably lucky you can still post at all.
    you are correct, they delete some of my posts because they are sick of your whining

Never thought Iíd see a Reddit post that could help me but I think this one kind of explains my position better than I could:
    People pretend the comparisons are easy. They really arenít. As I said above, why are the women so dominant in their competitions, while the men lag behind? Why arenít Portugal and Croatia performing as well on the womenís side as they do on the menís? Why is the NCAA system able to put out world class consistent Cup-winning talent on the womenís side...but not the menís? Are these competitions really comparable?

Itís a s-ty question to ask, because on its face it definitely feels like an attempt to minimize the accomplishment of the USWNT. Which sucks, because they crush the f- out of this tournament. But if we want to start talking pay, and performance, then yeah guess we have to start asking these questions. Because performance in sports isnít just determined by wins and losses, but by the level of competition.

Because one might argue that the men are climbing a larger, more crowded hill. Failing spectacularly at the moment too, mind. But still.

In fact, for an even spicier take if anything this is an argument for pouring more money into the USMNT. If the argument is that USSF isnít a business, and itís not about revenues and profits but a nonprofit furthering the sport, then we need more money in menís soccer to attract talent due to the more crowded sporting landscape in the US (and the stiffer competition from abroad). After all, the women are absolutely crushing it at current funding levels, right? Clearly the current funding for the USWNT is sufficient to develop undisputed world class talent, while on the menís side we bleed talent into the NFL, NBA, etc.

Itís a horrifying argument, but I canít say that itís wrong.. Of course in reality Iíd say what we need is even greater support pumped into the NWSL and professional womenís soccer, because a stable, viable professional league for women who donít quite (or yet) make the cut for the USWNT to play in is pretty important for development of talent too.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    That's on FIFA, not US Soccer.
    Because FIFA pays the players directly, or because FIFA is US Soccer's sole source of income?

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    you are correct, they delete some of my posts because they are sick of your whining
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA You think I'm the one complaining about your posts? That's adorable.

On the contrary, it's because of one mod in particular that your sorry butt hasn't been banned from posting in the forum. Want to take a wild guess who that moderator is?

I would like to congratulate Mexico and Canada on their wonderful joint hosting effort of the 2026 World Cup.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    England-Sweden averaged 1.1 on Fox.

It's fascinating. "No one watches women's soccer" people claim. Then the ratings come in and they're better than the men. "Only because it's a local team!"

I'm sorry. I thought the idea was to get high ratings and those translated to "people are watching." I had no idea there were qualifiers. Let Fox know it needs to give back that ad revenue because people only watched because it was the USWNT.

But if no one watches women's soccer it shouldn't have mattered that it was the USA...right?

It's so confusing when facts get in the way of arguments.
    You do confuse easily

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post

I would like to congratulate Mexico and Canada on their wonderful joint hosting effort of the 2026 World Cup.
    What is the inflow/revenue/take for the menís team vs the inflow/revenue/take for the womenís?

I spelled it out a long time ago and you all scoffed.

Pay the men and women the same base salary and give bonuses based on performance in major tournaments, like the World Cup. That might motivate the men to actually qualify for 2022...
    What is the inflow/revenue/take for the menís team vs the inflow/revenue/take for the womenís?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Since ticap will undoubtedly post the WSJ article I will post the actual source info:

https://www.ussoccer.com/governance/...al-information

Also good is their budget proposals at past AGMs:

https://www.ussoccer.com/governance/...-agm-locations

And ticap, for the record:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    And ticap, for the record:
    lol so the WNT says US Soccer sets ticket prices lower for women's games than men's, their response is that it's true women's games generate less revenue, and you think that proves your point?

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    lol so the WNT says US Soccer sets ticket prices lower for women's games than men's, their response is that it's true women's games generate less revenue, and you think that proves your point?
    Which would then beg the question, would the women draw as much as the men at the higher price?

(FTR...I have no idea)

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Which would then beg the question, would the women draw as much as the men at the higher price?

(FTR...I have no idea)
    I have no idea, either, but salary/bonuses should be based on revenue earned, regardless of gender. See also: women's hockey or WNBA.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

(FTR...I have no idea)
    I don't either. Anecdotally a couple years ago we bought $45 tickets to a WNT friendly and ended up being out of town, sold them for $200 each. So I'd say they could raise the ticket prices, but probably depends on game location too.

Thread Information