Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    That was an interesting read. Thanks.

As someone who watches a lot of hockey on both levels, it's been evident to me for several years now that the talent-gulf has narrowed considerably between D-1 and D-3... As the article mentioned, there are just more good young players out there now than ever before.

I don't necessarily think that D-1 needs to expand, but I do think that the NHL ought to pay more attention to top-tier D-3 players. I've certainly seen a number of D-3 guys recently who were easily more talented than many D-1 draftees, but still seem to end-up in the ECHL or someplace similar.
    Will Pelletier has played two full seasons in the AHL now and has more than held his own at that level.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Not enough D1 schools to take all D1 rated prospects

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Will Pelletier has played two full seasons in the AHL now and has more than held his own at that level.
      But D-3 players making it to the the NHL have been rare. Very, very rare.

Guess we'll see.

Comment

We have talking about that night for a few years now, good night in the OZ

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Yet Will only made the second team All American (East) his senior year.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
            "I am not looking for the best players Craig, I am looking for the right players"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
              Maybe because he missed 8 games? That's the only possible reason I could come up with. He was usually (always?) the most talented player on the ice when healthy.

Comment

Working...
              X