Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 305

Thread: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,707

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    How would you expect Holy Cross to react after beating a program like PC?

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,238

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    PC played down to their level I thought. They scored the tying goal on a scramble in front of the net and then the winner on a breakaway in OT. The first goal was a 3 on 2 and the kid put it right under the bar.

    The interesting thing about the game was the reaction of the Holy across coaching staff like they won the NCAA Championship or Stanley Cup. It will be interesting to see Berard’s kid playing under Nate and how that goes as Berard was a little bit too excited to win tonight IMO, and the incident last year in Worcester between the two of them.
    thx for summary.
    obviously a big W for them as not much has happened with that program since paul pearl left.
    beating a solid HE team is an accomplishment for them, no doubt.
    i just hope for my Huskies sake they are done with their HE winning streak. HC tends to fall off second half of the season (last couple seasons anyway) & teams like PC usually peak in that timeframe, so i wouldn't be too worried. sounded like classic trap game.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    How would you expect Holy Cross to react after beating a program like PC?
    It is tough to explain without video...it was excessive I thought from the staff but whatever.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    551

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    It is tough to explain without video...it was excessive I thought from the staff but whatever.
    Can't imagine Nate was too happy having a handshake with Berard after this loss. Sorry but losing to one of the worse teams in Atlantic Hockey on your home ice is not supposed to happen. But I guess we knew the Friars are not as dominant as what was seen last week and are going to be a work in progress. They had some good chances last night but HC goalie came up big. Also thought they were slow to take shots at times. Dugan coming in on partial break come to mind.

    I thought the whole HC team and bench thought they had won the National Championship after scoring the winner. They also had a decent crowd there.

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Can't imagine Nate was too happy having a handshake with Berard after this loss. Sorry but losing to one of the worse teams in Atlantic Hockey on your home ice is not supposed to happen. But I guess we knew the Friars are not as dominant as what was seen last week and are going to be a work in progress. They had some good chances last night but HC goalie came up big. Also thought they were slow to take shots at times. Dugan coming in on partial break come to mind.

    I thought the whole HC team and bench thought they had won the National Championship after scoring the winner. They also had a decent crowd there.
    Providence’s bench would have had the same reaction if they won in overtime.

    Have you ever seen a game-winning “walk-off” goal where the bench doesn’t leap onto the ice and celebrate with the five skaters and goalie?

    Sour grapes.

    And yeah, this was obviously a big win for HC. Excuse the kids for being excited after coming behind for the win.

    Good luck this season.

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader11 View Post
    Providence’s bench would have had the same reaction if they won in overtime.

    Have you ever seen a game-winning “walk-off” goal where the bench doesn’t leap onto the ice and celebrate with the five skaters and goalie?

    Sour grapes.

    And yeah, this was obviously a big win for HC. Excuse the kids for being excited after coming behind for the win.

    Good luck this season.
    Yes...our coaches don’t jump up and down together, hug, and act like that unless it is a banner game. This will be very interesting to watch how Berard’s kids (both are committed to PC) goes...

    No one here is talking about the players...we are talking about the people behind the bench.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Yes...our coaches don’t jump up and down together, hug, and act like that unless it is a banner game. This will be very interesting to watch how Berard’s kids (both are committed to PC) goes...

    No one here is talking about the players...we are talking about the people behind the bench.
    Kudos to Berard and his assistants, their team came from behind with 22 seconds left to win a tough road game in the season opener. Something to get excited about for sure. They played hard, 20 blocked shots.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,707

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    If my team lost to HC (happened a few years ago) I wouldn't care how they celebrated. I'd be focused on why/how it happened. I would think Leaman is more concerned with that. And that win quite possibly could be HCs "national championship" this year.

  9. #149
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,329
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    If my team lost to HC (happened a few years ago) I wouldn't care how they celebrated. I'd be focused on why/how it happened. I would think Leaman is more concerned with that. And that win quite possibly could be HCs "national championship" this year.
    great point. Holy Cross deserved to win and it’s ridiculous to complain about how they celebrated. Also, can’t bee too mad at the team that gave us all that wonderful NCAA win against the Rodents,
    We have to hope that they finish above tenth place in Atlantic Hockey or else this is a horrible loss - reminiscent of every game against Brown when Pooley was coaching,
    Last edited by Jon; 10-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.

  10. #150
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,329

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    PC won the exhibition game. Hooray.

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Atlantic Hockey teams no longer doormats; they are for real. :-)

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    PC won the exhibition game. Hooray.
    A good hard checking game...PC put out their B+ lineup as Young didn't play and didn't seem like Dugan had a ton of shifts while both backups played in goal. The USNTP can really skate but they didn't have that OUTSTANDING guy like Matthews or Eichel in the past but a plenty of SOLID all-around players. I would rather play the USA team every year over those Canadian squads.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  13. #153
    Unofficial Official
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    110

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Last night's game was fun. Pressure-free, just hoping nobody gets injured, and get to watch a couple future Friars as well (Yoder, Berard). Nice to see goalies 2 and 3 getting in some time. Really curious what they got in Kucharski and wonder whether Lackey will play Hawkey-like minutes through the season or see what the other 2 guys got (sorry, Scannell). Nice to see some of the other freshmen getting onto the ice last night. No Nilsson in 2 straight games. Ineffective, or hurt?

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by 3100IRL View Post
    Last night's game was fun. Pressure-free, just hoping nobody gets injured, and get to watch a couple future Friars as well (Yoder, Berard). Nice to see goalies 2 and 3 getting in some time. Really curious what they got in Kucharski and wonder whether Lackey will play Hawkey-like minutes through the season or see what the other 2 guys got (sorry, Scannell). Nice to see some of the other freshmen getting onto the ice last night. No Nilsson in 2 straight games. Ineffective, or hurt?

    Hurt. Described by Divver as lower body

  15. #155
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,329

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    I really really want to see them win at Clarkson. This might not be the year.

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by 3100IRL View Post
    Last night's game was fun. Pressure-free, just hoping nobody gets injured, and get to watch a couple future Friars as well (Yoder, Berard). Nice to see goalies 2 and 3 getting in some time. Really curious what they got in Kucharski and wonder whether Lackey will play Hawkey-like minutes through the season or see what the other 2 guys got (sorry, Scannell). Nice to see some of the other freshmen getting onto the ice last night. No Nilsson in 2 straight games. Ineffective, or hurt?
    Nate has ridden one goalie his entire career except for one season at Union when they split the duties. So I would expect more of Lackey (wasn't anywhere near fault for that Holy Cross disaster).
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    PC won the exhibition game. Hooray.
    In turn Development team traveled yesterday evening to Worcester, defeated Holy Cross with Brett Berard getting 2 goals including winner

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Nate has ridden one goalie his entire career except for one season at Union when they split the duties. So I would expect more of Lackey (wasn't anywhere near fault for that Holy Cross disaster).
    Lackey was solid , but was left helpless on all 3 goals by the friars defense.

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by palmettofriar View Post
    Lackey was solid , but was left helpless on all 3 goals by the friars defense.
    Agree
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    In turn Development team traveled yesterday evening to Worcester, defeated Holy Cross with Brett Berard getting 2 goals including winner
    I saw the second goal/game winner by Berard and he deked that goalie out of his jockstrap!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •