X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Yet another penalty. The hell.
    Now down 3-1. This would be early season struggles we were warned about.
    The problem is upper classmen on defense....NOT WHERE THE STRUGGLES should be!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Lots of work to be done at practice this week. Printz penalty obviously was a killer, woke up the BC powerplay and then with under 15 seconds to go in second they let BC come in and control the puck behind the net unable to tie them up, leave BC player wide open in front, bang score with 11 seconds left.

Leaman's replay call on the Cotton hit with under 4 to go got them into a PP instead of no call. You could tell York was not too happy about that one.

Second PP unit needs a lot of work.

Lackey kept them in this game or it would have been over when BC was on the 5min PP, they could have easily scored more than 2.

Better roll back any high expectations people had. Think this will be a bit of a roller coaster at least through the first half of the season. 6 more HE games coming up: BU, NU, UCONN, no easy games. If they can go .500 that may be a good accomplishment.

At least we are done with the Beagles for this regular season.

1-3-1 at home all in the grey uniforms....ditch them please.... (note the comic sans, please I am not blaming the uniforms for this record)

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Lots of work to be done at practice this week. Printz penalty obviously was a killer, woke up the BC powerplay and then with under 15 seconds to go in second they let BC come in and control the puck behind the net unable to tie them up, leave BC player wide open in front, bang score with 11 seconds left.

Leaman's replay call on the Cotton hit with under 4 to go got them into a PP instead of no call. You could tell York was not too happy about that one.

Second PP unit needs a lot of work.

Lackey kept them in this game or it would have been over when BC was on the 5min PP, they could have easily scored more than 2.

Better roll back any high expectations people had. Think this will be a bit of a roller coaster at least through the first half of the season. 6 more HE games coming up: BU, NU, UCONN, no easy games. If they can go .500 that may be a good accomplishment.

At least we are done with the Beagles for this regular season.

1-3-1 at home all in the grey uniforms....ditch them please.... (note the comic sans, please I am not blaming the uniforms for this record)
        I hate the greys also...

Dugan has been dominating games and seems like the only time PC gets a scoring chance is off of Dugan’s stick either making a pass or shooting himself!

Comment

Can PC request to play the rest of their games on the road this season?

Comment

From 8 to 11 this week's rankings. Not as bad as I anticipated it being, thought it would've been 13 or 14. Not surprised by their inconsistency, getting as many new players into the lineup and finding which lines click and which don't. If anyone is surprised by the seniors lack of production, they're pretty much the same players they've been those first three years. Be concerned if they're struggling in March more than the first week of November.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              Can PC request to play the rest of their games on the road this season?
              Seriously. I guess the only positive in losing all these home games now is that there will be more road games we might actually win later? Maybe?
              We were warned that the early season was going to be crappy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

http://goldenknightswatch.com/index....k0pN-WnwfMNb5o

Interview with Jack Dugan

Comment

Terrier Weekend this weekend.

Friars are up in Boston tonight for the first of 2 games against BU this weekend. Nate brought them up last night which he prefers to do then bus up on game day.

BU and PC both play 8 frosh and both have a grad transfer from the IVY league in goal. BU is missing a few upper classmen due to injury.

PC has played better on the road in the early going so hopefully they can carry that into tonight but need to do better at home tomorrow night.

Definitely need at least the split this weekend, 3 or 4 points would be major boost.

This starts a string of 3 weeks with home and home HE games with NU and UCONN to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                    Terrier Weekend this weekend.

Friars are up in Boston tonight for the first of 2 games against BU this weekend. Nate brought them up last night which he prefers to do then bus up on game day.

BU and PC both play 8 frosh and both have a grad transfer from the IVY league in goal. BU is missing a few upper classmen due to injury.

PC has played better on the road in the early going so hopefully they can carry that into tonight but need to do better at home tomorrow night.

Definitely need at least the split this weekend, 3 or 4 points would be major boost.

This starts a string of 3 weeks with home and home HE games with NU and UCONN to follow.
                    After this three week stretch, it is alot of the "CRAP" of hockey east outside of two UMass-Amherst and one game against Lowell left this season.

Comment

Nate with some line changes tonight including going with an all frosh line. Skating the extra forward tonight as well.

BU with 9 frosh in the line up, PC with 8 I think.

Comment

Up 3-1 after 2. Printz with 2.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Up 3-1 after 2. Printz with 2.
                          And we end up tied. These penalties at bad moments are a killer.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Especially when they don't kill those penalties....from listening to game sounds like Farrance scored both goals in the same manner. Friars had chance with a PP to end regulation but couldn't do anything with that opportunity.

They did manage to stave off the 5min major on Tyce with just over 3 mins to go in the OT...

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                              Especially when they don't kill those penalties....from listening to game sounds like Farrance scored both goals in the same manner. Friars had chance with a PP to end regulation but couldn't do anything with that opportunity.

They did manage to stave off the 5min major on Tyce with just over 3 mins to go in the OT...
                              3 power play goals by BU already.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                3 power play goals by BU already.
                                these penalties are killing them.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X