Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by PC91 View Post
    I think Holy Cross is a very good team and I love their coach. I still don't think that PC should be losing to them if they hope to do anything this season in regard to the NCAA's. I think PC takes some teams lightly and get burned when they do.
    Holy Cross is the current Friars what Brown was to the Pooley era Friars.
    It's also possible that the league hasn't improved as much as we thought it was going to given what happened this weekend to everyone who wasn't PC or UMASS. BC being swept at Denver is not terrible, UCONN and UVM each had a win they needed to get, and Maine gave QU some trouble. But what the hell happened to UML and BU?

This being said, that game at BC is scary. A less stacked BC team won four games against PC last year. And losing to Denver twice will not improve their mood.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

I think Holy Cross is a very good team and I love their coach. I still don't think that PC should be losing to them if they hope to do anything this season in regard to the NCAA's. I think PC takes some teams lightly and get burned when they do.
    The gap between Atlantic Hockey and other programs has narrowed significantly, ask last season's NCAA number 1 seed, St Cloud State , for confirmation.

Atlantic Hockey has been closing the gap for a while now - no one takes Air Force lightly, especially. But it should be noted that SCSU has a bad history of going out early.
    AIC was such a great story last year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Holy Cross is the current Friars what Brown was to the Pooley era Friars.
    It's also possible that the league hasn't improved as much as we thought it was going to given what happened this weekend to everyone who wasn't PC or UMASS. BC being swept at Denver is not terrible, UCONN and UVM each had a win they needed to get, and Maine gave QU some trouble. But what the hell happened to UML and BU?

This being said, that game at BC is scary. A less stacked BC team won four games against PC last year. And losing to Denver twice will not improve their mood.
    You forgot to mention UNH!

Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post
    The Cross tied NU. Are they better than we thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Before that game, Holy Cross lost to Merrimack at home on Thursday.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Quote Originally Posted by palmettofriar View Post
    The gap between Atlantic Hockey and other programs has narrowed significantly, ask last season's NCAA number 1 seed, St Cloud State , for confirmation.
    The Friars dropped from 6 to 13th in the country after a close loss to HC. That drop is significant and proof that a HE school is expected to take care of business against an Atlantic Hockey school in their own rink. I understand a loss here or there but it seems like they were taken lightly and HC bit the Friars in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    You forgot to mention UNH!
    Do they have a team this year? That's great if they do.

Still mad at UNH for closing Acorns. I loved that place!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post
    The Cross tied NU. Are they better than we thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they weren't good. just that (that gm), we were not good either.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

It is always great to see a Friar land the top spot on the NCAA Play of the Week! A great play by Tyce Thompson.

https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/st...265773056?s=20

I don't think losing to Bentley at Bentley is as bad as it used to be. It's not great. But PC lost to Holy Cross at home so it's not like we are in any position to make fun of UNH at all.
    But just for old times sake, SKATING MOTHER THERESAS!

-Blackadder
    -Casablanca
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

The Friars dropped from 6 to 13th in the country after a close loss to HC. That drop is significant and proof that a HE school is expected to take care of business against an Atlantic Hockey school in their own rink. I understand a loss here or there but it seems like they were taken lightly and HC bit the Friars in the arse.
    Flush it, hockey is a volatile game, it happens, all teams lose when one expects to see an easy W.

And after sweeping upstate New York they jump back to 7th...even Nate said the team played bad against HC and the US NTDP team the weekend before...but had a great week of practice before SLU/Clarkson...here's hoping they learned lessons early as they hit some big HE games now....

Quote Originally Posted by palmettofriar View Post
    Flush it, hockey is a volatile game, it happens, all teams lose when one expects to see an easy W.
    I didn't expect it to be an easy win. I did think they should win the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    And after sweeping upstate New York they jump back to 7th...even Nate said the team played bad against HC and the US NTDP team the weekend before...but had a great week of practice before SLU/Clarkson...here's hoping they learned lessons early as they hit some big HE games now....
    These numbers mean nothing in October.....talk to me in January .... at Nr 7 now we must be Nr 1 in HE

Quote Originally Posted by satyking View Post
    These numbers mean nothing in October.....talk to me in January .... at Nr 7 now we must be Nr 1 in HE
    Especially if the league is going to be less than dominant out of conference.

-Blackadder
    -Casablanca
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Quote Originally Posted by satyking View Post
    Totally agree, just shows how the experts don't even know what to think this time of the year.

In any event, big HE weekend for the Friars against BC (on the road in a rink Friars never seem to get a break) and UML at home. Got to figure these will be 2 teams Friars will be battling for home ice at end of season.

NESN+ for tomorrow night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Totally agree, just shows how the experts don't even know what to think this time of the year.

In any event, big HE weekend for the Friars against BC (on the road in a rink Friars never seem to get a break) and UML at home. Got to figure these will be 2 teams Friars will be battling for home ice at end of season.

NESN+ for tomorrow night's game.
    Should be interested to see how annoyed PC is tonight. I hope Nate keeps their emotions under check because between losing to BC four times last year and the situation with Vimal - that Hockey East completely butchered to the point where BC fans were complaining about it - , things could get out of hand penalty wise. I'd assume that Jerry York will take advantage.
    Last edited by Jon; 10-25-2019 at 01:10 PM.

-Blackadder
    -Casablanca
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Should be interested to see how annoyed PC is tonight. I hope Nate keeps their emotions under check because between losing to BC four times last year and the situation with Vimal - that Hockey East completely butchered to the point where BC fans were complaining about it - , things could get out of hand penalty wise. I'd assume that Jerry York will take advantage.
    I think Divver interviewed or spoke to him.. sounds like pretty smart kid. yet, he is a human being with emotions -

Sukurmaran: ĎIím past it, Iím over it. I was over it right away once we started the (NCAA) Tournament. The people (at PC) helped me out a lot. They really had my back, which I appreciate a lotí

ĎIíve heard things like that over the years. Thatís probably not the (worst) thing Iíve heard. I was definitely taken aback'

'I play my game and I play it hard, and so maybe Iíll play it a little harder on (the BC player), but from the looks of it right now, itís nothing that I care about or Iím going to go after the kid for. Iím just there to play my game'

Vimalís take - I liked the last para especially.. Take the high road, play your game.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    I think Divver interviewed or spoke to him.. sounds like pretty smart kid. yet, he is a human being with emotions -

Sukurmaran: ĎIím past it, Iím over it. I was over it right away once we started the (NCAA) Tournament. The people (at PC) helped me out a lot. They really had my back, which I appreciate a lotí

ĎIíve heard things like that over the years. Thatís probably not the (worst) thing Iíve heard. I was definitely taken aback'

'I play my game and I play it hard, and so maybe Iíll play it a little harder on (the BC player), but from the looks of it right now, itís nothing that I care about or Iím going to go after the kid for. Iím just there to play my game'

Vimalís take - I liked the last para especially.. Take the high road, play your game.
    He's saying the right things. PC has had some godawful performances at Conte over the years and the last thing the team needs is to kill a bunch of dumb penalties.
    I follow enough BC people on Twitter to know that penalties are a problem for a Eagles. Our power play is better than I expected it to be.

-Blackadder
    -Casablanca
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Up 5-2 in the third

Thread Information