Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Sorry to see that Mark Divver is no longer at the Projo. Will miss his coverage of local hockey and especially his articles and insights regarding the Friars. Hope another option will come along so that so we can continue to benefit from his top flight journalism. On the bright side, noticed that the Ottowas Senators hired D.J. Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      Looks like both the hockey and hoop coaches were looking to jump ship. Cooley is doing the Rick Barnes "I looked at what was out there and became more committed to being at PC". Funny how that happens when a coach interviews for a job and doesn't get the job. Barnes did it with UVA but he was signed and sealed but PC would let him out of his contract at the time. Cooley came close but didn't get the job. We'll see if Leaman is at PC come July. I certainly hope so.
      Cooley got a raise and an extension...
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Posted on St. Lawrence thread.

@_Neutral_Zone
        Cody Monds to Providence. Former St. Lawrence commit. Dynamic F plays w/lots of pace. Changes direction on a dime & the puck never slows. Smaller but size never limits.

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post
          Posted on St. Lawrence thread.

@_Neutral_Zone
          Cody Monds to Providence. Former St. Lawrence commit. Dynamic F plays w/lots of pace. Changes direction on a dime & the puck never slows. Smaller but size never limits.
          He is listed on a couple of sites as a 2020 freshman recruit....Did PC move him up a year? I doubt it but the coaching change at St Lawrence likely has to do with him changing commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            He is listed on a couple of sites as a 2020 freshman recruit....Did PC move him up a year? I doubt it but the coaching change at St Lawrence likely has to do with him changing commitments.
            Way I’ve read it he is a 2020 recruit

Agree looking on line looks like he was recruited at beginning of Morris’ tenure there.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Anybody else go to the curling event yesterday? That was some fun times.

Comment

O'Brien is going to the BCHL. I heard it was partly because PC hockey STILL doesn't have a schedule for next year leaving many wondering why they bother collecting season ticket money so early if they don't even know who they are playing or if are they even fielding a team with all the defections???

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  O'Brien is going to the BCHL. I heard it was partly because PC hockey STILL doesn't have a schedule for next year leaving many wondering why they bother collecting season ticket money so early if they don't even know who they are playing or if are they even fielding a team with all the defections???

Neutral Zone @_Neutral_Zone
                  4.75 Jay O’Brien is headed to BU in 2020 after a year in the BCHL. The first round NHL pick is big, strong and sees the whole ice. Played at Providence this season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Neutral Zone @_Neutral_Zone
                    4.75 Jay O’Brien is headed to BU in 2020 after a year in the BCHL. The first round NHL pick is big, strong and sees the whole ice. Played at Providence this season.
                    Someone didn't watch him play....He played small, weak, and didn't see the ice well at all.

Comment

O'Brien did not have a good year for sure. The direct transition from prep school did not work well, then several injuries put him in and out of the lineup and I imagine added pressure to produce upon returning. Would have been too risky to put him in during the NCAA's and he practiced with a red jersey during that run, (perhaps to save face - I think he tried to be a good teammate but it must have felt terrible to not be in there when the stakes were so high). Probably a situation where a fresh start after gaining junior level playing experience is just what he needs. I hope this works out for him, (except when he plays the Friars if he does end up at BU).

Comment

Originally posted by NEW Friar View Post
                        O'Brien did not have a good year for sure. The direct transition from prep school did not work well, then several injuries put him in and out of the lineup and I imagine added pressure to produce upon returning. Would have been too risky to put him in during the NCAA's and he practiced with a red jersey during that run, (perhaps to save face - I think he tried to be a good teammate but it must have felt terrible to not be in there when the stakes were so high). Probably a situation where a fresh start after gaining junior level playing experience is just what he needs. I hope this works out for him, (except when he plays the Friars if he does end up at BU).
                        If he does end up at BU year after next will make for some interesting games against them. His frosh teammates from this year will be juniors and leaders of the Friars by then.

Comment

Someone posted on the Friar Scout board that he is petitioning the NCAA for immediate transfer and play at BU next season.

I can't believe the league would even allow this in conference move with immediate eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Someone posted on the Friar Scout board that he is petitioning the NCAA for immediate transfer and play at BU next season.

I can't believe the league would even allow this in conference move with immediate eligibility.
                            Several of the Flyers writers are reporting this...

https://***********/BroadStBull/stat...44592026959872

Comment

Head case, thinks he is entitled....

Comment

Can anyone cite a league case of a player transferring in HE, with no sit-out, for some kind or personal reason?
                                If the answer is no, why petition the NCAA, t's really none of their biz.

Comment

Working...
                                X