Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 500

Thread: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

  1. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Pairwise is an algorithm, but it takes a few months for the data samples to be large enough to give an accurate depiction. Later in the season, the pollsters will generally start to tailor their votes more closely to the Pairwise rankings. The more accurate rating system for the moment is KRACH, but that one isn't used to determine the tournament seeds, so it becomes less relevant over time.

    So, for example, the Friars are currently 23 in the Pairwise but 16 in KRACH. Anyone who's watched them this year would tell you they're closer to 16 than 23, but that 23 will normalize over time.
    Thank you, for your explanation.

  2. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    589

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Only in league game is the NU/UNH matchup today in Ireland. So those 2 will make up one game in hand they have on the Friars. (UNH has only played 6 HE games, NU 9 while the Friars have played 10 so far).

    Meanwhile, Friars playing the Mayor's cup tomorrow against a Brown team that just lost Tuesday night. Never know what going to get from Brown, but for PC this is a must win from a Pairwise point of view (not one that brings you up but will certainly bring you down if lose).

    Let's hope the hockey friars are in a better frame of mind vs the bball friars who have stunk up the place in their first 7 games.

  3. #283
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Only in league game is the NU/UNH matchup today in Ireland. So those 2 will make up one game in hand they have on the Friars. (UNH has only played 6 HE games, NU 9 while the Friars have played 10 so far).

    Meanwhile, Friars playing the Mayor's cup tomorrow against a Brown team that just lost Tuesday night. Never know what going to get from Brown, but for PC this is a must win from a Pairwise point of view (not one that brings you up but will certainly bring you down if lose).
    PC needs to stay out of the box and if we get a lead, add to it. And avoid whatever happened in the second period at Matthews.
    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    O
    Let's hope the hockey friars are in a better frame of mind vs the bball friars who have stunk up the place in their first 7 games.
    I really like Ed Cooley, but what is going on over there? This is two years in a row of coughing up leads late in games in bizarre fashion.

    "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

    2008 POTY

  4. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,439

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    PC needs to stay out of the box and if we get a lead, add to it. And avoid whatever happened in the second period at Matthews.

    I really like Ed Cooley, but what is going on over there? This is two years in a row of coughing up leads late in games in bizarre fashion.
    The hockey team is coughing up leads this year too
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

  5. #285
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The hockey team is coughing up leads this year too
    They certainly have. The out of conference blown leads against Holy Cross and Colgate were pretty ruinous.
    The basketball team has been doing that in every game for two years. Slight difference.

    "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

    2008 POTY

  6. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    They certainly have. The out of conference blown leads against Holy Cross and Colgate were pretty ruinous.
    The basketball team has been doing that in every game for two years. Slight difference.
    Hockey also blew a two goal lead against BU but were able to win the game.

    Basketball is a mess with another loss to College of Charleston on Friday

  7. #287
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    589

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Looks like York has the Beagles playing BC hockey again earlier than last year...7 wins in a row after beating Harvard yesterday.

  8. #288
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    1-0 Bruno in the first. Cannot stay out of the box.

  9. #289
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    1-0 Bruno in the first. Cannot stay out of the box.
    1-1 after 1. Nice one timer by Moynihan after a abysmal call against Brown.

  10. #290
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    1-1 after 1. Nice one timer by Moynihan after a abysmal call against Brown.
    4-1 PC after 2. Great period.

  11. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    4-1 PC after 2. Great period.
    Needed this one. Dugan injured.

  12. #292
    Unofficial Official
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    115

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Not sure what was hurt but per Divver through Leaman says Dugan was held out as a precaution.

  13. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,439

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    The two Brown goals were absolute rockets into the corners. Nearly impossible to stop.

  14. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    589

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Looked like shoulder injury as he checked a Brown player into the boards....heard he had arm in a sling after the game

  15. #295
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,395
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The two Brown goals were absolute rockets into the corners. Nearly impossible to stop.
    Brown was never really out of the game, but that was the least traumatic third period PC has had in a while. Except for worrying about Dugan.

  16. #296
    Ever True since '92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Some New England rink or another
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Brown was never really out of the game, but that was the least traumatic third period PC has had in a while. Except for worrying about Dugan.
    Brown had a good surge after the goal that cut it to 4-2, but PC responded masterfully and controlled the rest of the game, hemming us in deep. Congrats on yet another Mayorís Cup! Good luck the rest of the way.

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Brown had a good surge after the goal that cut it to 4-2, but PC responded masterfully and controlled the rest of the game, hemming us in deep. Congrats on yet another Mayorís Cup! Good luck the rest of the way.
    Good luck to Brown the rest of this season, played well yesterday, coach said he saw some good things.

  18. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    61

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Any update on Dugan?

  19. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,124
    Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post
    Any update on Dugan?
    Divver post out of practice yesterday but expected to play this weekend

  20. #300
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    195

    Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

    Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post
    Any update on Dugan?
    https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...67052244807680

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •