NCAA Rule Changes to Slow Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I do find it interesting all these young kids are committing to 6-7 schools...
    Well you mentioned 9 '04s so at most there could only be nine schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      9 '04's commit this past week.
      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Let's see how many actually play for the school they committed to.
      I don’t know who’s interested, but I’d be curious to see if someone actually keeps track of this.

Or if Heisenberg keeps revisions of his listings (I know one of the UW posters keeps a good listing of our commitments).
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: NCAA Rule Changes to Slow Recruiting

Chris is known to keep old commits on the list with a crossout over their name. I think when he moves on to a new year/list they get dropped from the new one though so you would have to hunt for them on each individual year.

Comment

The good news is that he keeps a different list year to year.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Well you mentioned 9 '04s so at most there could only be nine schools.
            Really...is that how that works?
            The point was...much like arguing againt older freshman...only a few schools seemed to do this

Funny how it also seems like the ones getting these young kids and the ones who don't want the older kids are the same schools...
            Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 05-02-2019, 05:00 PM.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

"Getting" these young kids is funny because it's not like they are coming next year. A verbal commitment at age 14 means absolutely nothing. Doesn't prevent other schools from recruiting them, doesn't stop the kids from changing their mind and doesn't stop coaches from souring on a kid.

Comment

"Getting" these young kids is funny because it's not like they are coming next year. A verbal commitment at age 14 means absolutely nothing. Doesn't prevent other schools from recruiting them, doesn't stop the kids from changing their mind and doesn't stop coaches from souring on a kid.
                Yet it's now not allowed...but the older freshmen are...
                Funny how one is a problem to you and one isn't...and it's the opposite opinion of college hockey.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Dear God...you might want to check the post I started the thread with.

Actually I don't like the recruiting of 13 and 14 year olds. No idea how you came up with that conclusion. All I am saying is a verbal commitment at that age is meaningless. Really at any age but especially at 13-14.

Comment

Dear God...you might want to check the post I started the thread with.

Actually I don't like the recruiting of 13 and 14 year olds. No idea how you came up with that conclusion. All I am saying is a verbal commitment at that age is meaningless. Really at any age but especially at 13-14.
                    Fair enough...but it must not be meaningless to those in charge if they have now legislated to stop it.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Meaningless in that so much can change in 5 years. Meaningful in that 13 and 14 year olds shouldn't be pressured by adults into making a college choice to begin with.

Comment

It took all of 10 days to get our first 15 year old commit under the new rules. https://***********/ReedKluender/sta...341853696?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          It took all of 10 days to get our first 15 year old commit under the new rules. https://***********/ReedKluender/sta...341853696?s=19
                          Does that make 40 commits for 20 spots for UW?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            For those that like records, I believe Anthony Cipollone is still the youngest commitment ever. 13 years 2 months to Vermont. And he's still committed there!

Top 4 based on my records:
                            Cipollone - Vermont - 1/2015 - 13 years 2 months (still committed)
                            Levis - Michigan - 2/2018 - 13 years 4 months 18 days (still committed)
                            Lucius - Minnesota - 8/2017 - 13 years 4 months 27 days (still committed)
                            Not sure if anyone between here and...
                            Wahlstrom - Maine - 1/2014 - 13 years 6 months (lol not so committed anywhere)
                            I'm sure their letters looked nice at their 8th grade graduation parties.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Does that make 40 commits for 20 spots for UW?
                              If he comes in 2022 there's 32 on the books and only 1 is a goalie. But there's no way Caufield, Turcotte, Holloway or maybe even Lindmark will still be there, so that pares it down to 28 or 29.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                If he comes in 2022 there's 32 on the books and only 1 is a goalie. But there's no way Caufield, Turcotte, Holloway or maybe even Lindmark will still be there, so that pares it down to 28 or 29.
                                And that is a great problem to have at Wisconsin. I am sure some will sign, some will not get on campus and some will leave. But the talent will be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X