Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D1 Recruits Thread

you hafta admire the ingenuity of it
    create a glorified blog where you discuss and rate the potential of a kid to play hockey
    and then charge the parents to see what they wrote about their kid

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      you hafta admire the ingenuity of it
      create a glorified blog where you discuss and rate the potential of a kid to play hockey
      and then charge the parents to see what they wrote about their kid
      To be quite honest most parents that have watched their own kid and the same grouping of kids for 10 years or so are more qualified to be scouts than blog peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
        To be quite honest most parents that have watched their own kid and the same grouping of kids for 10 years or so are more qualified to be scouts than blog peeps.
        Would that include that Zamboni poster dude?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            Would that include that Zamboni poster dude?
            Yes it would Believe it or not he probably knows quite a bit about many players but at the end of every evaluation would be" great player but can't score on my kid".

Comment

Yes it would Believe it or not he probably knows quite a bit about many players but at the end of every evaluation would be" great player but can't score on my kid".
              You could add that on to the end of fortune cookie sayings...

A gambler not only will lose what he has, but also will lose what he doesn’t have...And can't score on my kid.
              A golden egg of opportunity falls into your lap this month...But you can't score on my kid.
              A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something...You can't score on my kid.
              A light heart carries you through all the hard times...When you can't score on my kid.
              A person is never too old to learn...You can't score on my kid.
              A new perspective will come with the new year...You can't score on my kid.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                You could add that on to the end of fortune cookie sayings...

A gambler not only will lose what he has, but also will lose what he doesn’t have...And can't score on my kid.
                A golden egg of opportunity falls into your lap this month...But you can't score on my kid.
                A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something...You can't score on my kid.
                A light heart carries you through all the hard times...When you can't score on my kid.
                A person is never too old to learn...You can't score on my kid.
                A new perspective will come with the new year...You can't score on my kid.
                I will forever hear that at the end of every fortune cookie I open.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                  Neutral Zone evaluations are valued much more by parents & players than coaches. Doubtful any D1 coach takes the opinion of a glorified blogger as fact.
                  Agree, this service rates players after only seeing them once, maybe twice. Quality of opponent also plays a factor. They may receive a skewed rating based on the fact they were playing a soft or strong opponent. I also agree that most D1 coaches don't even look at this as the ratings are based on such a small sample size. On the other had, it may be a good tool for those small D3 schools with little to no recruiting budget.

Comment

Working...
                  X