D1 Recruits Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Recruits Thread

Post news about new D1 commitments and signed recruits here.

This USA Today's "2018-19 ALL-USA Girls Hockey" article shows some of the top players in the country and where they are headed.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...key-first-team
    https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...ey-second-team
    https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...key-third-team
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: D1 Recruits Thread

Thanks. I appreciate the info. IMHO, if Bilka (SSM) and Murphy (Mission) aren't on the list, it doesn't mean the others aren't deserving, but does mean the list isn't quite right.

Comment

Best three goalies in the nation are not on list. Bothun Forest lake Boys, Frank WBL, Vetter Lakeville North Boys, Put them in whatever order you want. Yes Bothun is my daughter these 3 are heads and shoulder better than any other goalies in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Post news about new D1 commitments and signed recruits here.

This USA Today's "2018-19 ALL-USA Girls Hockey" article shows some of the top players in the country and where they are headed.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...key-first-team
        https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...ey-second-team
        https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...key-third-team
        Doesn’t look like the authors watched a lot of girl’s hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by jumbodaddy77 View Post
          Thanks. I appreciate the info. IMHO, if Bilka (SSM) and Murphy (Mission) aren't on the list, it doesn't mean the others aren't deserving, but does mean the list isn't quite right.
          As I recall, this list only includes high school hockey players, which eliminates players on club teams (like Murphy and anyone else at Chicago Mission) so take this list with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
            Best three goalies in the nation are not on list. Bothun Forest lake Boys, Frank WBL, Vetter Lakeville North Boys, Put them in whatever order you want. Yes Bothun is my daughter these 3 are heads and shoulder better than any other goalies in the country.
            So you're saying that even though you attended all of your daughter's games, you were able to watch enough players from other parts of the country to make such a claim. I'm going to point out the fact that, in general, dads are not allowed to pick all-star teams.

Comment

Best three goalies in the nation are not on list. Bothun (Forest Lake Boys), Frank (White Bear Lake), Vetter (Lakeville North Boys), Put them in whatever order you want. Yes, Bothun is my daughter. These 3 are head and shoulders better than any other goalies in the country.
              I think your daughter can consider a shot at starting in goal when she comes to Penn State, depending on how serious she gets with her game/workouts/skill set before then. Current starter Jenna Brenneman will have just finished her senior season, and Chantal Burke and Cam Leonard will likely have seen the same very limited time as they've seen since Brenneman transferred to Penn State, so there won't be any meaningful imbalance of playing experience among the three when your daughter gets here. Of course, Burke and Leonard will also have had seasons of hard practices against D-1 players, and just overall D-1 experience in general, so that probably sways things a bit, too.

I have no idea if Jeff Kampersal leans toward "upperclassman before underclassman" or that kind of thing, or if he goes strictly by demonstrated performance in deciding who the starters will be. As you know, Burke will be a senior and Leonard will be a redshirt junior when your daughter comes to Penn State, so starting as a freshman may be a little unlikely, but the following three years should be open to competition. And she will be a sophomore when Penn State hosts the Women's Frozen Four...you can't beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                Doesn’t look like the authors watched a lot of girl’s hockey.
                Bear in mind that I simply used the USA article as a way to get a commitment/recruit thread started. I would expect most posts added to this thread will be "new news" especially for those of us who don't follow Twitter.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Your a brave one. My daughter doesn’t even like me posting on fb about her. My daughter is not a top 10 goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellagp View Post
                    Your a brave one. My daughter doesn’t even like me posting on fb about her. My daughter is not a top 10 goalie.
                    1st post, this one drew you out, huh...lol

Feel free to stop back

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      1st post, this one drew you out, huh...lol

Feel free to stop back
                      Does this increase our count to 18??

Comment

All the USA girls selected were deserving. So many girls to choose from. Several areas of the country want to be represented. Kind of like selecting the USA U 18 team. More people going to be disappointed than people who are satisfied.

So is there some recruiting rankings out there for the 2017-2023 classes? Who is going to be the up and coming classes? Any school out there going to start surprising people by showing up in the playoffs in a couple of years?
                        Pass the puck

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
                          All the USA girls selected were deserving. So many girls to choose from. Several areas of the country want to be represented. Kind of like selecting the USA U 18 team. More people going to be disappointed than people who are satisfied.

So is there some recruiting rankings out there for the 2017-2023 classes? Who is going to be the up and coming classes? Any school out there going to start surprising people by showing up in the playoffs in a couple of years?
                          Neutral Zone has the 2019 incoming class ranked with Colgate the number 1 class, for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                            Does this increase our count to 18??
                            That depends on whether or not you include the High End Hockey Coach who stopped by a couple of years ago to drop a few Wisdom Bombs on us, then high-tailed it back out when it became apparent we are not susceptible to wisdom around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              That depends on whether or not you include the High End Hockey Coach who stopped by a couple of years ago to drop a few Wisdom Bombs on us, then high-tailed it back out when it became apparent we are not susceptible to wisdom around here.
                              I remember that guy...that was fun wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X