No announcement yet.

Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame Cathedral is burning down...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    yup
    E. K. Hornbeck : Evolution is a tricky question, which is hungrier, my stomach or my soul? Hot dog.
    Bible salesman : Are you an evolutionist? An infidel? A sinner?
    E. K. Hornbeck : The worst kind, I write for a newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      E. K. Hornbeck : Evolution is a tricky question, which is hungrier, my stomach or my soul? Hot dog.
      Bible salesman : Are you an evolutionist? An infidel? A sinner?
      E. K. Hornbeck : The worst kind, I write for a newspaper.

ok, everyone who has seen this, raise you hand
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

ok, everyone who has seen this, raise you hand
        "Progress has never been a bargain. You have to pay for it. Sometimes I think there's a man who sits behind a counter and says, "All right, you can have a telephone but you lose privacy and the charm of distance. Madam, you may vote but at a price. You lose the right to retreat behind the powder puff or your petticoat. Mister, you may conquer the air but the birds will lose their wonder and the clouds will smell of gasoline."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...what-happened/

Comment

Golden dome, perhaps? https://www.newswars.com/leftists-ca...ves-will-hate/

Comment

So predictable. https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...et-notre-dame/

Comment

Your posts are predictable, I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  No, the problem is the answer is: "why not both?"

You're falling into the GOP trap of we can't even pay for X, so why are we funding PBS or giving health care to anchor babies. We're the richest country on the farking planet. We can afford all of the above.
                  Except in that case both things affect us. In this case we are talking about a church in another country. There is nothing wrong with prioritizing in that regard and is hardly a GOP trap.

Again it isnt like we all cant send them aid if we want to help the rebuild. The USG isnt the only means for its citizens to help rebuild the landmark if they so choose. I personally dont want to (plenty of buildings I would choose to support LONG before Notre Dame) so I would rather if the people in charge just left my money out of it.

And sorry Kepler I get what you are saying but Notre Dame doesnt affect me in any way. Hell when I was standing in front of it I thought the same thing. (loved some of it though) I have been inside the Great Pyramid and been spitting distance from the Sphinx. I walked inside King Tut's Tomb. Notre Dame doesnt even compare.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Didn't they previously restore it themselves in the 19th century, after the various revolutions left it in less-than-stellar condition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Except in that case both things affect us. In this case we are talking about a church in another country. There is nothing wrong with prioritizing in that regard and is hardly a GOP trap.

Again it isnt like we all cant send them aid if we want to help the rebuild. The USG isnt the only means for its citizens to help rebuild the landmark if they so choose. I personally dont want to (plenty of buildings I would choose to support LONG before Notre Dame) so I would rather if the people in charge just left my money out of it.

And sorry Kepler I get what you are saying but Notre Dame doesnt affect me in any way. Hell when I was standing in front of it I thought the same thing. (loved some of it though) I have been inside the Great Pyramid and been spitting distance from the Sphinx. I walked inside King Tut's Tomb. Notre Dame doesnt even compare.
                      Like turning the corner to Soi Cowboy, eh
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Didn't they previously restore it themselves in the 19th century, after the various revolutions left it in less-than-stellar condition?
                        It's constantly in restoration. The 19th C work included adding the spire.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Again, the argument that you don't want to spend it is different than "we can't afford it because hungry kids."

France wouldn't take our money anyway, which makes it all the dumber to not make the offer and get the diplomatic credit for doing so.

Comment

The UK Daily Mail is reporting "glass roof" and "greenhouse" also.
                            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oof-glass.html

There is precedent for the French to take something glorious and to put a glass eyesore into it ....

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Daily Mail.

You realize everything is just a proposal at this point, right?

Comment

All the better to see God with...
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X