No announcement yet.

Headline News Thread II: Meanwhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headline News Thread II: Meanwhile...

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    You're picking up what I'm putting down.
    They love talking, too. Perhaps because it's a more talkative society (except for Austria -- man those folks are cold) but also because tourists treat them like objects.

I can't count the number of times I've made a major change to my itinerary based on a conversation with a Euro worker bee and it's turned out fantastic. There have also been countless times when I've messed something up, screwed up a timetable, say, or just had a first pass guess at directions that weren't the best, and these people have walked through fire to help me. If you treat people right (sincerely, not falsely) and try your best in their language, you get treated like the only guy in the foot ward without open sores.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      They love talking, too. Perhaps because it's a more talkative society (except for Austria -- man those folks are cold) but also because tourists treat them like objects.

I can't count the number of times I've made a major change to my itinerary based on a conversation with a Euro worker bee and it's turned out fantastic. There have also been countless times when I've messed something up, screwed up a timetable, say, or just had a first pass guess at directions that weren't the best, and these people have walked through fire to help me. If you treat people right (sincerely, not falsely) and try your best in their language, you get treated like the only guy in the foot ward without open sores.
      It's small town. I don't care about the most famous tennis shoe or biggest super ball or whatever. I would like to know what makes you tick? We have found out about politics in snowmobile clubs...taught bartenders new drinks (to them, anyways)...bs'ed about sports (local and otherwise). It's all about the "Cheers" atmosphere.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lol. Vienna is the most beautiful city I’ve been to but dam, their people were so stone cold

Comment

I remember seeing somewhere today that they were working to save some of the icons and relics. So it might be a total catastrophic loss but still really bad.
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
            I remember seeing somewhere today that they were working to save some of the icons and relics. So it might be a total catastrophic loss but still really bad.
            Am seeing they saved the Crown Of Thorns, and some other ultra important things....
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I assume they kept backups.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a balcony at the Mall of America last week is “showing real signs of recovery,” his family said Friday.

“We have good news to share with you all on this Good Friday!” the family said in a statement. “Our miracle child Landen is showing real signs of recovery. New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead.”

Landen was the victim of a horrifying attack at the Bloomington mall on April 12, when a man picked up the child and threw him nearly 40 feet onto a stone floor.

Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda, 24, of Minneapolis is charged with attempted first-degree premeditated murder in the attack. He is being held in the Hennepin County jail in lieu of $2 million bail.

Aranda told police he went to the mall “looking for someone to kill,” according to court documents. Surveillance video showed Aranda walking on the third floor and looking over the balcony several times before approaching Landen and his mother, a criminal complaint said.
                http://www.startribune.com/five-year...rdmNaVl0f0TdZc

Enjoy prison Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda. May you have many "girlfriends" there.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Another model Republican. But, hey, with felon voting reform he can still vote!
                  Cornell University

Comment

Another model Republican. But, hey, with felon voting reform he can still vote!
                    He just has economic anxiety.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      http://www.startribune.com/five-year...rdmNaVl0f0TdZc

Enjoy prison Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda. May you have many "girlfriends" there.
                      Won't surprise me if he ends up in St. Peter, MN.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

BBC saying at least 100 dead after church and hotel attacks in Sri Lanka

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48001720

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          BBC saying at least 100 dead after church and hotel attacks in Sri Lanka

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48001720
                          > 200 dead and > 400 injured per CNN now

Comment

The Boy Scouts have kept files going back decades showing that nearly 8,000 volunteers have been excluded from the organization because they had been accused of sexually abusing children, according to a review by an expert on child sexual abuse.

The expert, Janet Warren, a professor at the University of Virginia, revealed the scope of the reported abuse when she testified as an expert witness in a trial involving allegations of child sexual abuse at a children’s theater in Minneapolis.

Her findings were described on Tuesday by a lawyer, Jeff Anderson, who has represented sexual abuse victims in cases against organizations like the Boy Scouts and the Roman Catholic Church.

Ms. Warren said during her testimony that she had been hired by the Boy Scouts and spent five years reviewing data known as the “perversion files’’ that contained information on volunteers whose involvement in the group had been ended “because of reasonable allegations of child sexual abuse.”
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/23/n...sex-abuse.html
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Life's rich pageant.
                              Cornell University

Comment

how can she not know via her research that not all of the gays are catchers (nor pitchers). some like the catching, while others do all the pitching.

of course all the gays like getting bjs
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X