Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML its almost summer (and its offseason) 2019

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    When can we expect the schedule to be released? Should have Alabama Huntsville to open on the 4th and 5th at Tsongas followed up with a road trip to Duluth. The only other clue I have pieced together is we are at UMass Amherst on the 01/04.
    Umass is at Denver 1/4 so that can't be right

Comment

When can we expect the schedule to be released? Should have Alabama Huntsville to open on the 4th and 5th at Tsongas followed up with a road trip to Duluth. The only other clue I have pieced together is we are at UMass Amherst on the 01/04.
      2019-2020 Tentative Schedule

Oct. 4 (Fri.) - UAH
      Oct. 5 (Sat.) - UAH
      Oct. 11 - (Fri.) - @ UMD
      Oct. 12 - (Sat.) - @ UMD

Jan. 24 - (Fri.) - @ BU

https://goterriers.com/news/2019/5/2...-captains.aspx

Comment

Based on the last few years, it should be any day:

2018 - Released May 9
        2017 - Released May 5
        2016 - Released May 5
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The World Championships start today in Slovakia. As is usually the case, Team France is represented by a couple of former RiverHawks. Guillaume Leclerc, who led the French League in scoring and playoff scoring this past season, is on the team, and Yorick Treille is an assistant coach for the team.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
            Umass is at Denver 1/4 so that can't be right
            I think I was looking at an old tweet so disregard, my bad guys and gals. IIRC we were out there this year on the 4th of January.
            Tully Rink Rat
            Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Pretty cool for Jake.

I always wonder about these edge player situations who go on to dominate at the lower level... but then we had that UMass Dartmouth kid who had a monster season transferred and never saw much if it all ice at Lowell
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Hockey East coaches want to go back to every team making the playoffs.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

W TF. That is stupid. Put the bottom feeders out of their misery (I include myself when we are in that category)

Comment

I understand the point they're making about the unbalanced schedule, but also, I hate this.

Comment

2019-20 Schedule on the UML Website.

https://goriverhawks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=166

Comment

Originally posted by Palphen View Post
                        2019-20 Schedule on the UML Website.

https://goriverhawks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=166
                        Thanks.

Comment

I guess I forgot about a Thanksgiving Tournament. Also, our exhibition game will be the weekend before New Year's, so midseason.

In HE play, we get the following teams three times: BU (2 home, 1 away), PC (1H, 2A), MC (1H, 2A), UConn (2H, 1A).
                          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Monty

Comment

Quick look at a perception of CJ Smith from the Buffalo side.
                              Monty

Comment

Today's Lowell Sun has an article on the incoming class of nine.

https://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_...hawks-set-soar

Future River Hawks set to soar
                                Barry Scanlon
                                bscanlon@lowellsun.com

LOWELL — Norm Bazin doesn't have a crystal ball inside his Tsongas Center office.
                                He can see the Merrimack River, but not the future.
                                Bazin says he'd be lying if he could correctly predict the career paths of the nine players who make up UMass Lowell's incoming hockey class.
                                Still, there's reason for major optimism for the class, which consists of one goaltender, two defensemen and six forwards.
                                "We're excited. Some develop more quickly than others," coach Bazin said. "It's who can make that next step. We like that we're adding a little skill, a little speed and some size within this class."
                                The class features three players from the U.S., three from Canada and three from Europe.
                                "We're trying to get the best players from the best leagues we can," Bazin said.
                                Three of the recruits helped their team capture the United States Hockey League playoff title. Another guided his team to the Junior A championship game in Canada.
                                "I don't care what anybody says, winning is a part of development," Bazin said.

Here's the class, in alphabetical order.
                                CARL BERGLUND
                                HAMMARO, Sweden —
                                The 6-foot-2, 195-pound forward left his native Sweden midway through the season to join Sioux Falls of the USHL.
                                He scored five goals and 11 assists in 37 regular-season games, including seven points in his final six games as he grew accustomed to play in the U.S. In the playoffs, he added two goals and two assists in 10 games, helping Sioux Falls win the USHL championship.
                                Bazin: "A tall, lanky forward who is responsible away from the puck. I think he'll fill a void at center. He came (from another country) and filled a void on a championship team. That's pretty admirable."
                                MATTHEW BROWN —
                                WOOD RIDGE, N.J. —
                                A 5-foot-8, 180-pound forward, Brown led the Des Moines Buccaneers with 57 points in 53 regular-season games, earning USHL second-team all-star honors.
                                He was one of the league's top goal scorers with 30 and led the league with seven short-handed goals. In the playoffs, he added another shorthanded goal and tallied six points in five games.
                                Bazin: "He's someone who had a terrific season. He's a producer. He's just a hockey player. Smart. Clever. He goes into the hard areas. We're looking forward to having him."
                                BRIAN CHAMBERS —
                                WEYMOUTH —
                                Chambers, a 6-foot-1, 183-pound forward, was another key member of Sioux Falls' championship team.
                                In 60 regular-season games, he compiled 17 goals and 24 assists. He scored with 51 seconds left to put the Stampede into the USHL final. Chambers scored three goals and five points in 12 playoff games.
                                Bazin: "Brian was a very, very important part of a championship team. He played a good role on the penalty kill. He's a great kid. He's not someone who's going to be into style points, but he gets it done."
                                ZACH KAISER —
                                ORANGEVILLE, Ont. —
                                The 6-foot, 170-pound Kaiser collected 126 points in 154 regular-season games in the Alberta Junior Hockey League. He scored 35 points in 36 games this season for Lloydminster and then Sherwood Park after a trade. He had to overcome two major injuries, including a broken jaw. Still, he produced three goals and an assist in six playoff games.
                                Bazin: "He was not shying away. That's a good sign. He's a responsible forward who has produced (points) in the past. He had a very tough year with injuries. He can play in all situations."
                                MAREK KORENCIK —
                                ZILINA, Slovakia —
                                Korencik has represented Slovakia on the international stage three times, including this past winter at the World Junior Championships, where he tallied a goal and two assists in five games.
                                The 6-foot-3, 201-pound defenseman played the last three seasons in Sweden. He had six goals and 14 assists in 42 regular-season games for Lulea.
                                Bazin: "He's going to be a big, strong puck-moving defenseman. He can jump in and join the offense at times. He's not a kid. He's coming in as a man."
                                ANDRE LEE —
                                FARJESTADS, Sweden —
                                During his first year in the U.S., Lee was an impact player for a Sioux Falls team which won the USHL title.
                                The 6-foot-4, 201-pound forward netted 20 goals and 15 assists in 61 regular-season games before elevating his game in the playoffs. He scored a double-overtime goal in Game 2 of the final and finished with 11 points in 12 playoff games, tying him for his team lead.
                                Bazin: "Andre is a tall, lanky kid whose best hockey is in front of him. Nothing much surprises me with his guy. He's got all the tools. If he puts it all together, he'll have a chance to play after college."
                                LOGAN NEATON —
                                BRIGHTON, Mich. —
                                Neaton guided the Prince George Spruce Kings to the British Columbia Hockey League championship.
                                The 6-foot-3, 190-pound goaltender went 32-8 in the regular season with a 1.92 goals against average. His five shutouts tied for the sixth best mark in league history and his GAA was seventh best in BCHL history. He was even better in the playoffs, leading his team to Canada's National Junior A championship, where they lost to Brooks in the final, 4-3.
                                Neaton has played the last two seasons for teams with overwhelming travel schedules.
                                Bazin: "It says a ton about his character. You like kids who have been through challenges. He's someone who had a terrific season and he led all goalies in British Columbia in several categories. He has a hockey pedigree from his father (who played defense at the University of Michigan before skating in the NHL)."
                                JORDAN SCHULTING —
                                PENTICTON, British Columbia —
                                The 6-foot, 180-pound defenseman netted three goals and 32 assists in 58 regular-season games for Coquitlam of the BCHL.
                                He tied for seventh in assists among BCHL defensemen and his 35 points ranked him 15th among blue liners in the league. His 138 games are the 16th most all-time for Coquitlam players.
                                Bazin: "Jordan we hope can bring some offense from the point. He has a good head for the game. I think his puck movement will be excellent."
                                BLAKE WELLS —
                                BLACKIE, Alberta —
                                A 6-foot-2, 190-pound forward, Wells hails from a town so small that it features one stop light, Bazin said.
                                In 45 regular-season games with the Okotoks Oilers of the Alberta Junior Hockey League, Wells scored 15 goals and 17 assists. In 11 playoff games, he added three goals and five assists. He suffered a knee injury this past season.
                                Bazin: "Tall, lanky kid. Great kid. We're hoping he develops into a power forward. He's someone who we feel can produce. He'll work hard at it. He's going to have to add some girth."

Comment

Working...
                                X