Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML its almost summer (and its offseason) 2019

http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadl...ver-harassment

Does anybody know about submitting FOIA requests? I want the details on this. I'm willing to believe this guy is guilty... what i really want to know is if this guy should have been outright fired or forced into emeritus status. My real guess is the allegations aren't much more than he said/she said and thus they couldn't do much more than demote him from the dean position.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I found this an interesting read on prices for tickets around some of the HE arenas.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I mean no one should be surprised that UMass is going to try to cash in on this year's success. You got people in the door, now time to cash in on the captive audience.

I think Lowell's pricing is pretty fair and generous with benefits. if you count the exhibition game last year that is 18 home games and it works out to $11.66 per game. It's cheaper than going to the movies as I like to say.
        Tully Rink Rat
        Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
        Youngstar
        UML Class of 09

Comment

Alabama Huntsville is coming to Lowell.

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
          https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...the-Future.php

"This coming season will see Huntsville open with Massachusetts-Lowell in Tsongas Arena, and then two games at Nebraska-Omaha. After Christmas, the team will face North Dakota for two games to round out the schedule."

Since we know UAH is at Omaha on Oct. 11-12, that means UAH is at UMass Lowell on Oct. 4-5.

I think the WCHA and its teams will release schedules in the coming week. They did so around this time last year.

Also interesting tidbit for UAH in the future:

"Huntsville is making a point to do home-and-home series with these teams, which will be a theme in their future schedules. Both Lowell and Omaha will travel to Huntsville during the 2020-21 season. Boston University is also confirmed for a home-and-home in the next few years, with the Chargers heading to Agganis Arena first."

UAH has never faced BU, and it's great that BU will be coming down to Huntsville as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            Does anybody know about submitting FOIA requests? I want the details on this. I'm willing to believe this guy is guilty... what i really want to know is if this guy should have been outright fired or forced into emeritus status. My real guess is the allegations aren't much more than he said/she said and thus they couldn't do much more than demote him from the dean position.
            Here is the link for all public records requests for the University of Massachusetts system: https://www.umassp.edu/public-record...cords-requests

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              Alabama Huntsville is coming to Lowell.
              Huntsville hopes to have their new on campus arena open. For the series.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLDOUG View Post
                Huntsville hopes to have their new on campus arena open. For the series.
                Interesting, would the return trip be in 21-22? I’d be surprised if the arena was ready by 20-21 since they haven’t broken ground yet. It took Bentley a year and a half to build their arena.

Comment

It's official.

Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    It's official.

That's too bad. The best of luck to Croix in the future.

If my count is right that leaves 8 defensemen (1 Jr., 6 So. & 1 Fr.) for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      That's too bad. The best of luck to Croix in the future.

If my count is right that leaves 8 defensemen (1 Jr., 6 So. & 1 Fr.) for next season.
                      That's a scary thought. As I've noted on the recruiting thread, there's only three D commits in the entire group we have. One is still 16, the other just finished a season at Dexter and I'd imagine needs another year (Cedar Rapids has his rights at the Junior Level).

In regards to Croix himself, I wonder if he might have been helped with one more year of juniors and coming in as a 20 year old instead of 19.
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 05-06-2019, 03:33 PM.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        That's a scary thought. As I've noted on the recruiting thread, there's only three D commits in the entire group we have. One is still 16, the other just finished a season at Dexter and I'd imagine needs another year (Cedar Rapids has his rights at the Junior Level).

In regards to Croix himself, I wonder if he might have been helped with one more year of juniors and coming in as a 20 year old instead of 19.
                        He got his opportunities early this year. He was QB'ing the power play, but it just seemed like he could never put it all together. I was pretty high on him when he came in 2017, but he never seemed to buy into Norm's idea of a defenseman.

Best of luck, hope someone takes a flyer on him....
                        Tully Rink Rat
                        Youngstar
                        UML Class of 09

Comment

From today's Sun:

Evingson opts to transfer from UMass Lowell
                          By Barry Scanlon

LOWELL — Sophomore defenseman Croix Evingson has decided to transfer from UMass Lowell.
                          Evingson recently notified head coach Norm Bazin of his decision. The native of Anchorage, Alaska, only played in 16 of UML’s 38 games this past season.
                          The 6-foot-5, 225-pound Evingson saw action in 16 games as a freshman. He finishes his UML career with one goal and seven assists.
                          Bazin said he was “a little bit” surprised by Evingson’s decision, especially following the news that star defenseman Mattias Goransson would forego his senior season to play pro hockey in his native Sweden.
                          “He said he needs more ice time. I thought there was a wonderful opportunity for more ice time here,” Bazin said Monday. “You’re not going to keep everyone happy. It’s a competitive environment. I wish him the best.”
                          UML is set to graduate five seniors — Connor Wilson, Ryan Dmowski, Christoffer Hernberg, Avni Berisha and Nick Master. Two others — Goransson and Ryan Lohin — left UML after their junior seasons to turn professional.
                          Evingson and forward Cole Paskus have elected to transfer. Evingson arrived in Lowell with high expectations. During his last year of junior,
                          he scored 52 points in 59 games for Shreveport of the North American Hockey League. He was a seventh-round pick of the Winnipeg Jets in the 2017 NHL Draft.
                          Bazin said UML’s incoming freshman class will consist of eight or nine players.

Follow Barry Scanlon on Twitter@BarryScanlonSun

Comment

Pretty cool for Jake.

Monty

Comment

River Hawks article about the 6 professional signings.
                              Monty

Comment

When can we expect the schedule to be released? Should have Alabama Huntsville to open on the 4th and 5th at Tsongas followed up with a road trip to Duluth. The only other clue I have pieced together is we are at UMass Amherst on the 01/04.
                                Tully Rink Rat
                                Youngstar
                                UML Class of 09

Comment

Working...
                                X