Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 190

Thread: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

  1. #101
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,558

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeahbut maralago?
    MIA is one of my hubs, and I have to work tonight and Wednesday...not turning north could means bad day for me at work.

    Earlier FPO forecast had winds variable at 80 kts, gusts to 200...

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  2. #102
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,621

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarksonHockeyFan16 View Post
    As what it looks like now, only the parts of Flordia closest to the Ocean will be hit.
    Thatís a shame


  3. #103
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,271

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Again... maralouongo gets hit and fed insurance will be writing a check to tD for 9 figures

  4. #104
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,621

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Why would a private club be insured by the feds? FEMA payouts arenít much at all. Plus, heís already taken away all of that money for his concentration camps.

    Plus, if it means he canít use the thing for a few months, thatís fine by me. I just want to take away the toddlerís toy.

  5. #105
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,558

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Why would a private club be insured by the feds? FEMA payouts aren’t much at all. Plus, he’s already taken away all of that money for his concentration camps.

    Plus, if it means he can’t use the thing for a few months, that’s fine by me. I just want to take away the toddler’s toy.
    Because the owner is Donald Trump. He'll declare a national emergency at Mar-a-Lago. He's also got plenty of other toys, so he won't skip a beat in laziness.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  6. #106
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,459

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Why would a private club be insured by the feds? FEMA payouts arenít much at all. Plus, heís already taken away all of that money for his concentration camps.

    Plus, if it means he canít use the thing for a few months, thatís fine by me. I just want to take away the toddlerís toy.
    If his club gets whacked so does everyone else in that area
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  7. #107
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,459

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    The cone has moved into Maine. Actu lly the western edge of cone is my house.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by walrus; 09-02-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  8. #108
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,896

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    MIA is one of my hubs, and I have to work tonight and Wednesday...not turning north could means bad day for me at work.

    Earlier FPO forecast had winds variable at 80 kts, gusts to 200...
    If this thing strews inland, there's a solid chance I don't leave ATL on Thursday night.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  9. #109
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,271
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    The cone has moved into Maine. Actu lly the western edge of cone is my house.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    wally can use a nice power wash

  10. #110
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    35,459

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    wally can use a nice power wash
    My deck certainly could I can't imagine there is anything left of the Grand Bahamas after Dorian has sat there for a day.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  11. #111
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    201,910

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    It probably won't get a name, but Potential Tropical Depression 7 is being followed. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents

  12. #112
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,271

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    My deck certainly could I can't imagine there is anything left of the Grand Bahamas after Dorian has sat there for a day.
    is that where atlantis is? that should still be there. anything else though ?????
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  13. #113
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    9,192

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    is that where atlantis is? that should still be there. anything else though ?????
    Atlantis is next to Nassau, on Andros Island, which had a little rain and wind, but was mainly out of the core of the storm.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  14. #114
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    10,618

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Atlantis is next to Nassau, on Andros Island, which had a little rain and wind, but was mainly out of the core of the storm.
    Perhaps they recently changed the name, but Atlantis is on Paradise Island. Thankfully, for all of the people we have met that live on Paradise and New Providence Islands, they didn't get hit.

  15. #115
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,936

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Perhaps they recently changed the name, but Atlantis is on Paradise Island. Thankfully, for all of the people we have met that live on Paradise and New Providence Islands, they didn't get hit.
    I thought that was Themyscira.

  16. #116
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    201,910

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It probably won't get a name, but Potential Tropical Depression 7 is being followed. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents
    It's T. S. Fernand.

  17. #117
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    201,910

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?


  18. #118
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,936

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?


  19. #119
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    9,192

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Perhaps they recently changed the name, but Atlantis is on Paradise Island. Thankfully, for all of the people we have met that live on Paradise and New Providence Islands, they didn't get hit.
    Yes, Atlantic is technically on Paradise Island, but it's literally connected by a small bridge to Nassau. And I was mistaken before, Nassau is on New Providence Island, Andros is the larger one just to its west.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  20. #120
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    10,618

    Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    Yes, Atlantic is technically on Paradise Island, but it's literally connected by a small bridge to Nassau. And I was mistaken before, Nassau is on New Providence Island, Andros is the larger one just to its west.
    It's still a separate island. And having run the bridges many times (there are 2), it's not small. It's pretty long, and likely one of the highest points on New Providence Island...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •