Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Atlantic Hurricane season - what's in a name?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Why would a private club be insured by the feds? FEMA payouts aren’t much at all. Plus, he’s already taken away all of that money for his concentration camps.

Plus, if it means he can’t use the thing for a few months, that’s fine by me. I just want to take away the toddler’s toy.
    If his club gets whacked so does everyone else in that area
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The cone has moved into Maine. Actu lly the western edge of cone is my house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by walrus; 09-02-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        MIA is one of my hubs, and I have to work tonight and Wednesday...not turning north could means bad day for me at work.

Earlier FPO forecast had winds variable at 80 kts, gusts to 200...
        If this thing strews inland, there's a solid chance I don't leave ATL on Thursday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          The cone has moved into Maine. Actu lly the western edge of cone is my house.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          wally can use a nice power wash
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            wally can use a nice power wash
            My deck certainly could I can't imagine there is anything left of the Grand Bahamas after Dorian has sat there for a day.

Comment

It probably won't get a name, but Potential Tropical Depression 7 is being followed. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                My deck certainly could I can't imagine there is anything left of the Grand Bahamas after Dorian has sat there for a day.
                is that where atlantis is? that should still be there. anything else though ?????
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  is that where atlantis is? that should still be there. anything else though ?????
                  Atlantis is next to Nassau, on Andros Island, which had a little rain and wind, but was mainly out of the core of the storm.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                    Atlantis is next to Nassau, on Andros Island, which had a little rain and wind, but was mainly out of the core of the storm.
                    Perhaps they recently changed the name, but Atlantis is on Paradise Island. Thankfully, for all of the people we have met that live on Paradise and New Providence Islands, they didn't get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Perhaps they recently changed the name, but Atlantis is on Paradise Island. Thankfully, for all of the people we have met that live on Paradise and New Providence Islands, they didn't get hit.
                      I thought that was Themyscira.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        It probably won't get a name, but Potential Tropical Depression 7 is being followed. https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...start#contents
                        It's T. S. Fernand.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Before and after satellite images

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Yes, Atlantic is technically on Paradise Island, but it's literally connected by a small bridge to Nassau. And I was mistaken before, Nassau is on New Providence Island, Andros is the larger one just to its west.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                Yes, Atlantic is technically on Paradise Island, but it's literally connected by a small bridge to Nassau. And I was mistaken before, Nassau is on New Providence Island, Andros is the larger one just to its west.
                                It's still a separate island. And having run the bridges many times (there are 2), it's not small. It's pretty long, and likely one of the highest points on New Providence Island...

Comment

Working...
                                X