This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Sorry I was late to the party, but I feel the need to comment on this.
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Yup. But nobody asks (because they can't) the kid growing inside Mom. For in utero, no one can hear you scream.
    Also, if you don't have a developed brain you can't begin the thought to scream or understand/process the question being asked, and if you don't have vocal chords you can't scream.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’m going to be honest, I’ve hated comments like these and not just on abortion. Shutting women out of the conversation is wrong, but just because we’re men doesn’t mean we can’t have an understanding about pregnancies and what they entail.

It’s the equivalent of saying “you can’t have an opinion on contact to the head penalties because you’ve never played hockey.”
    Yes, but I've never played hockey at a level that involves hitting, and thus my opinion is fairly worthless. I can have an opinion, but no decisions should be based on my uninformed/inexperienced opinion.

As a woman who has been harboring a growing parasite for 8 months, I would not force this on anyone. It sucks enough when you want the kid and have a support system. Thus far I've had an uncomplicated pregnancy. Morning sickness, extreme exhaustion, discomfort.
    If you get sick, too bad, most medications you would use for your symptoms are potentially harmful for baby, so suck it up. Watch what you eat and drink and don't smoke. Good luck finding a comfortable position to sleep in (or sleeping at all with a parasite kicking you in the ribs). No more potentially dangerous or evenly mildly disruptive activities (many sports, roller coasters, piercings, tattoos, elective surgeries) for awhile...at least I could give my dentist a good reason to put off the dental work he thinks I need.
    From what I've read, once you have the kid your body will take a good 4-8 weeks to recover. Gonna miss work and paychecks, 'cause our country sucks and doesn't offer maternal leave. I won't even get into the medical bills associated with a pregnancy.
    Oh, and get ready for everyone to have an opinion on what you should be doing, how you're not doing things right, and for some reason thinking it's ok to touch a complete stranger's belly. This is by far not a complete list.

Honestly, pregnancy is giving up your freedom. No life, liberty or pursuit of happiness for a woman forced to harbor a parasite to term. I am so disgusted at the pro fetus movement. If you think abortion is wrong, fine, don't have one. However, do not force your religious beliefs onto any other individual. Do not try to dictate what a person can do with their body if it is not causing another individual harm (and no, an embryo or a fetus does not qualify as an individual....if it's not viable outside of sucking life support off a woman's body it's not an individual).
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Sorry I was late to the party, but I feel the need to comment on this.

Also, if you don't have a developed brain you can't begin the thought to scream or understand/process the question being asked, and if you don't have vocal chords you can't scream.

Yes, but I've never played hockey at a level that involves hitting, and thus my opinion is fairly worthless. I can have an opinion, but no decisions should be based on my uninformed/inexperienced opinion.

As a woman who has been harboring a growing parasite for 8 months, I would not force this on anyone. It sucks enough when you want the kid and have a support system. Thus far I've had an uncomplicated pregnancy. Morning sickness, extreme exhaustion, discomfort.
      If you get sick, too bad, most medications you would use for your symptoms are potentially harmful for baby, so suck it up. Watch what you eat and drink and don't smoke. Good luck finding a comfortable position to sleep in (or sleeping at all with a parasite kicking you in the ribs). No more potentially dangerous or evenly mildly disruptive activities (many sports, roller coasters, piercings, tattoos, elective surgeries) for awhile...at least I could give my dentist a good reason to put off the dental work he thinks I need.
      From what I've read, once you have the kid your body will take a good 4-8 weeks to recover. Gonna miss work and paychecks, 'cause our country sucks and doesn't offer maternal leave. I won't even get into the medical bills associated with a pregnancy.
      Oh, and get ready for everyone to have an opinion on what you should be doing, how you're not doing things right, and for some reason thinking it's ok to touch a complete stranger's belly. This is by far not a complete list.

Honestly, pregnancy is giving up your freedom. No life, liberty or pursuit of happiness for a woman forced to harbor a parasite to term. I am so disgusted at the pro fetus movement. If you think abortion is wrong, fine, don't have one. However, do not force your religious beliefs onto any other individual. Do not try to dictate what a person can do with their body if it is not causing another individual harm (and no, an embryo or a fetus does not qualify as an individual....if it's not viable outside of sucking life support off a woman's body it's not an individual).
      It was never about the fetus. It's about controlling you. All their old mechanisms are slipping away from them, like their sexual potency and their lives themselves. They legally can't hit you anymore. They don't have control over your assets. Nobody takes seriously the Biblical command that you are second to a man except for complete morons.

Worst of all they used to run the country and dole out what measure of equality each group was permitted to have, but now they're just another group among many. Citizens are no longer male by default, white by default, or Christian by default. Once they were kings, but now they're just one more wheedling, needy pressure group, and with immigration and education their numbers dwindle every day.

This is their last stand -- the Alamo of the uneducated, white, Christian old man. After this they will face their nightmare: actual equality.
      Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2019, 02:35 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of... 58 Republicans in the Ohio state leg just voted to make it legal to rape your wife and force her to carry to term against her will.

It was already legal in Ohio for a man to rape his wife if she was unconscious, drugged, drunk or mentally impaired. It's OK now just to flat out rape her.

Any woman who votes Republican is a moron.
        Last edited by Kepler; 04-12-2019, 03:15 PM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Speaking of... 58 Republicans in the Ohio state leg just voted to make it legal to rape your wife and force her to carry to term against her will.

It was already legal in Ohio for a man to rape his wife if she was unconscious, drugged, drunk or mentally impaired. It's OK now just to flat out rape her.

Any woman who votes Republican is a moron.
          Oh, but the guy should be involved in the decision ya know?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            That isnt what Brent was saying and you know it.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              That isnt what Brent was saying and you know it.
              Did I mention Brent?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is ridiculous. All the Manchin Apologists tell me this: why did he need to say anything at all?

He's going to flip; it's pretty obvious. In all seriousness we have no right to a Senate seat in such a backwards place. WV is ground zero for white, uneducated, Christian rage. It deserves to be Republican. This is like the Dixiecrats bolting in the 80s.

The question is, is WV the future of OH, MI, PA, and WI? How do we stop the Magat Plague from spreading?
                Simple solution. The Democratic Party can stop supporting people like Manchin. Done.

Comment

Did I mention Brent?
                  Would you be talking about this if he hadnt brought it up the other day?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Would you be talking about this if he hadnt brought it up the other day?
                    I'm responding to Kepler's post in the same manner I would have whether Brent existed on Planet Earth or not.

Comment

Simple solution. The Democratic Party can stop supporting people like Manchin. Done.
                      But... but... offending white rural blue color Christians!
                      Cornell University

Comment

Elections have consequences. NH repeals the death penalty with sufficient strength to override the GOP governor's veto.

Which begs the question, if NH is smart enough to have a Dem supermajority why is the governor a Republican?
                        Cornell University

Comment

Elections have consequences. NH repeals the death penalty with sufficient strength to override the GOP governor's veto.

Which begs the question, if NH is smart enough to have a Dem supermajority why is the governor a Republican?
                          See: Massachusetts. 60% of the vote to Democratic senators, all Democratic US house, 4/9 House seats unopposed, 127/160 state house seats, Republican governor.
                          Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 04-12-2019, 05:06 PM.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yes. He should have some input. Woman has final decision. At least try to hide your shots about my opinions.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Yes. He should have some input. Woman has final decision. At least try to hide your shots about my opinions.
                              So a rapist gets a say too? Cause that's what the discussion was just about.

Comment

So a rapist gets a say too? Cause that's what the discussion was just about.
                                Not consensual, doesn't count. I'm actually ok with abortion in that situation. How you phrased your post, the tone...it was a shot. And a poorly aimed one.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X