Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

continue

Quote Originally Posted by scooby
    What focus? So, we should just bury the story and pretend it never happened. Sure. That's probably why the Wisconsin vote yesterday went the way it did.
    I'm saying her single vote objectively didn't matter and that's why it's not worth spending a lot of time on. As for WI:

Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-03-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    continue

I'm saying her single vote objectively didn't matter and that's why it's not worth spending a lot of time on. As for WI:

The answer is the democratic electorate is what's wrong. And there seems to be nothing that can be done about it.

No not really, blaming independent individuals for institutional failures is silly.

No not really, blaming independent individuals for institutional failures is silly.
    What institutional failures are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    What institutional failures are you referring to?
    The fact that a lot of these close important down ballot races almost always seem to go to conservatives tells me that the party needs to do a better job of bringing attention to these races and turning people out. Especially when you're talking about beating a complete bigot which shouldn't be all that difficult even in WI.

The fact that a lot of these close important down ballot races almost always seem to go to conservatives tells me that the party needs to do a better job of bringing attention to these races and turning people out. Especially when you're talking about beating a complete bigot which shouldn't be all that difficult even in WI.

Did the bigot have superior institutional support though? If not, I think that kind of proves my point. The other side doesn't seem to need to have someone to hold their hand on the way to their polling place.

Did the bigot have superior institutional support though? If not, I think that kind of proves my point. The other side doesn't seem to need to have someone to hold their hand on the way to their polling place.
    The Dem institution has a habit of ignoring down ballot races and this is just one of many examples.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Yup. This one is Not Good. Dems needed this win and one next year to control the state supreme court and therefore redistricting. No hope of that now. Unreal.

In court races you can't run as a partisan, so the ad campaign is by rule going to be vanilla for both candidates. That means it comes down to which voter base wants it more, and in down ballot races unfortunately its Republicans in Wisconsin. With all the razor thin races in WI, it astounds me that people don't realize that their vote counts, or that they could have fundamentally changed the way the state is governed.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Yup. This one is Not Good. Dems needed this win and one next year to control the state supreme court and therefore redistricting. No hope of that now. Unreal.

In court races you can't run as a partisan, so the ad campaign is by rule going to be vanilla for both candidates. That means it comes down to which voter base wants it more, and in down ballot races unfortunately its Republicans in Wisconsin. With all the razor thin races in WI, it astounds me that people don't realize that their vote counts, or that they could have fundamentally changed the way the state is governed.
    I'm sure Perez had his reasons.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Lucia Apologist

Wisconsin is making a case for worst.

Kicizapi Cetan

Yeah, but this putz freshy legislator from Minot is making a case to keep ND in the #1 slot.

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...853c397a4.html

Before you ask 'why is this idiot' .... Minot.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wisconsin is making a case for worst.
    Nah. There's always those two states along the Gulf of Mexico east of the Mississippi River. Individually and collectively, they're all plotting their own destructions.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Nah. There's always those two states along the Gulf of Mexico east of the Mississippi River. Individually and collectively, they're all plotting their own destructions.
    West Virginia says hold my still.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

I'm starting to feel personally victimized by the titles of "The States: threads...

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I'm starting to feel personally victimized by the titles of "The States: threads...
    As someone who is Nodak born, democrat, and living in Wisconsin, I'm feeling the laser dot too.

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    As someone who is Nodak born, democrat, and living in Wisconsin, I'm feeling the laser dot too.
    You are a weird conundrum. I mean on one hand you were smart enough to leave...on the other hand you CHOSE to move to Paint Thinnerville. I mean even your smart decision was too stupid for words! Only worse idea would be moving to Iowa
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

If your wife is from MN you would slightly redeem yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    You are a weird conundrum. I mean on one hand you were smart enough to leave...on the other hand you CHOSE to move to Paint Thinnerville. I mean even your smart decision was too stupid for words! Only worse idea would be moving to Iowa ;)
    There is a worse scenario. Sometimes the answer is right there in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If your wife is from MN you would slightly redeem yourself.
    Michigan. I guess that fits, right?

You both should know I have drunk the Minnie waters. Lived there for a year after undergrad. I remember it as a time of personal growth. The first time in my life I felt smarter than those around me, and I'll always love Minnesota for that.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Michigan. I guess that fits, right?
    Depends on where in MI she's from.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Depends on where in MI she's from.
    Near Ann Arbor

Thread Information