X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    It's a negative tax!?!
    No, it's a redistribution of wealth from people across the globe into the pockets of Alaskans.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I know there are going to be replies that "bUt ThE dEmS dO iT tOo!"

... and they do, but it's still wrong either way.

Also, boy does that chart make it easy to see.
      It's whoever happens to be in power, which you snarkly pointed out.

I agree, it's bullsh*. My issue is that the media proclaims it's an (insert party victory)! When it's really not, if the power switches by next census.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        No, it's a redistribution of wealth from people across the globe into the pockets of Alaskans.
        More like a tithe paid by the oils companies to keep the rubes sedated.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Also, Anchorage just got lucky as a large brush fire in town has been mostly contained. They had issued evacuation orders for parts of town but thankfully they got it contained before any homes got threatened.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            More like a tithe paid by the oils companies to keep the rubes sedated.
            Taxes are never fully paid by the corporation. They're baked into the price of the products sold. Alaska ships its oil across the world, hence my statement.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Taxes are never fully paid by the corporation. They're baked into the price of the products sold. Alaska ships its oil across the world, hence my statement.
              Corporations don't pay anything or earn anything. They are containers for the accounts of the rich dou-chebags who own them.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Corporations don't pay anything or make anything. They are containers for the accounts of the rich dou-chebags who own them.
                ^^^^^^^

But, hey, don't try to take away their freedom of speech rights..............
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Corporations don't pay anything or earn anything. They are containers for the accounts of the rich dou-chebags who own them.
                  That's true, and it was a critical part of the message behind Ralph Nader's campaign in 2000. I voted for him, and it was a mistake in judgment to waste a vote that could have gone to Bush's electable opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    That's true, and it was a critical part of the message behind Ralph Nader's campaign in 2000. I voted for him, and it was a mistake in judgment to waste a vote that could have gone to Bush's electable opponent.
                    Did you live in Florida? If you lived in NoDak or Sconnie it almost certainly would have made little difference. That is why I did it in Minnesota. (won't do it again though)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Did you live in Florida? If you lived in NoDak or Sconnie it almost certainly would have made little difference. That is why I did it in Minnesota. (won't do it again though)
                      Wisconsin. Small margin, but Gore won. Still a mistake in judgment.

I value the idea of getting us out of the two-party cage, and Nader made sense, but I will now evaluate the potential cost of voting 3rd party. Without the Nader votes, we probably don't go into Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I value the idea of getting us out of the two-party cage
                        Me too but there's no way out until IRV.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Me too but there's no way out until IRV.
                          What is IRV?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Without the Nader votes, we probably don't go into Iraq.
                            Ya think? I'm not aware of Gore having any daddy issues that would force him to fake intelligence in order to launch an idiotic war.

Also Little Ralphie Nader is a Grade A fraud. Anybody who goes around saying there's no difference between the two parties (which he stole from George Wallace of all people) needs to be beaten senseless.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

New Jersey! He’s from a good family.

http://m.startribune.com/teenager-ac...ays/512174762/

“The boy filmed himself penetrating a visibly intoxicated 16-year-old girl from behind, her torso exposed, her head hanging down, prosecutors said. He later shared the cellphone video among friends, investigators said, and sent a text that said, “When your first time having sex was rape.”

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Ya think? I'm not aware of Gore having any daddy issues that would force him to fake intelligence in order to launch an idiotic war.

Also Little Ralphie Nader is a Grade A fraud. Anybody who goes around saying there's no difference between the two parties (which he stole from George Wallace of all people) needs to be beaten senseless.
                                Then again, we know how spot-on your political assessments are.

Comment

Working...
                                X