Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 324

Thread: 2019 Transfers

  1. #81
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,030

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    As for tampering, which is a violation of NCAA rules, I don't think that much of it goes on in women's college hockey as compared to some other NCAA sports.
    You missed the .

    Can someone formulate a list of out of conference transfers from the last 5 years? That would be interesting to look at.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by clubaclub View Post
    Boston College is the top school most girls want to play for .. with the exception of maybe Wisconsin .
    If you're going to fish...
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by clubaclub View Post
    Boston College to Clarkson is basically a lateral move.. Yes Clarkson has won championships and BC has not, however.. Boston College is probably one of the, if not top school most girls want to play for .. with the exception of maybe Wisconsin .
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    If you're going to fish...
    No doubt clubaclub is from Minnesota

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    You’ve got to hand it to Clarkson, their plan to get more Canadians to attend Clarkson (being so close, it’s a natural draw) is a grand one (Must be a great place to go to school, eh? Look at the women’s ice hockey championships they’ve won eh? And the coach is Canadian eh? Must be a great place for Canadian’s eh?)

    They’ve got a grand total of 40 Canadians (fair chance 90% of them are on the hockey teams)attending which is sure to go up to 42 or 43 this coming year. At the present rate of increases, they might hit 100 by the 22nd century.

    Ask UMD how great it’s worked out for them.

    I hear they are going to start a cricket team so they can increase the number of students from India
    Last edited by pokechecker; 04-30-2019 at 10:35 AM.

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,763
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    You’ve got to hand it to Clarkson, their plan to get more Canadians to attend Clarkson (being so close, it’s a natural draw) is a grand one (Must be a great place to go to school, eh? Look at the women’s ice hockey championships they’ve won eh? And the coach is Canadian eh? Must be a great place for Canadian’s eh?).....
    Coach Britni Smith is also Canadian eh!!!

    And yes it is a great school for anyone no matter their country!

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    People are jealous.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,763

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    You’ve got to hand it to Clarkson, .......

    I hear they are going to start a cricket team so they can increase the number of students from India
    And other countries in the former British Empire.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    I hear they are going to start a cricket team so they can increase the number of students from India
    Our president is from Australia! He likes cricket.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    You’ve got to hand it to Clarkson, their plan to get more Canadians to attend Clarkson (being so close, it’s a natural draw) is a grand one (Must be a great place to go to school, eh? Look at the women’s ice hockey championships they’ve won eh? And the coach is Canadian eh? Must be a great place for Canadian’s eh?)

    They’ve got a grand total of 40 Canadians (fair chance 90% of them are on the hockey teams)attending which is sure to go up to 42 or 43 this coming year. At the present rate of increases, they might hit 100 by the 22nd century.

    Ask UMD how great it’s worked out for them.

    I hear they are going to start a cricket team so they can increase the number of students from India
    Clarkson being a prestigious tech institution already has a very well represented student body of Indian students, as well as many Asian and Middle Eastern students as well. The student body is quite diverse.

    Cricket would probably be a pretty decent draw of interest on campus lol...

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    610

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    Cricket would probably be a pretty decent draw of interest on campus lol...
    As it should be. Cricket is awesome. Except Twenty20, which is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    As it should be. Cricket is awesome. Except Twenty20, which is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord.
    It pays well, though.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by CLKHockey View Post
    Clarkson being a prestigious tech institution already has a very well represented student body of Indian students, as well as many Asian and Middle Eastern students as well. The student body is quite diverse.

    Cricket would probably be a pretty decent draw of interest on campus lol...
    maybe not so much in numbers though

    This is incredible, I’ve looked at other schools, even Lake Superior State for example, which is literally in spitting distance of Canada has about twice as many Canadian students as Canadian hockey players, but Clarkson doesn’t seem to have any that aren’t on the hockey team. There may be one or two, but with a Canadian enrollment between 36 and 40 every year and two hockey teams largely composed of Canadians …that’s something to crow about, “Only Canadian to earn a degree at Clarkson that didn’t play hockey”

    prestigious, c'mon now, they all claim to be that

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    maybe not so much in numbers though

    This is incredible, I’ve looked at other schools, even Lake Superior State for example, which is literally in spitting distance of Canada has about twice as many Canadian students as Canadian hockey players, but Clarkson doesn’t seem to have any that aren’t on the hockey team. There may be one or two, but with a Canadian enrollment between 36 and 40 every year and two hockey teams largely composed of Canadians …that’s something to crow about, “Only Canadian to earn a degree at Clarkson that didn’t play hockey”

    prestigious, c'mon now, they all claim to be that
    I wonder if the University of Minnesota has more than 3 students from British Columbia

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    I wonder if the University of Minnesota has more than 3 students from British Columbia
    hey numbnuts, unless one of them is transferring to Clarkson, I count 4 on the hockey team alone

    you could, like I did for Clarkson, use Google to find out how many there are, but considering you aren't even able to get the number on the hockey team correct, I guess you really were wondering how many there are

  15. #95
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,756

    Re: 2019 Transfers


  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,763

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    WOW, unbelieveable. As you stated in the article: "We do not know the details behind Watts’ potential departure, just like we did not know the details behind Lonergan’s, aside from the fact that the players weren’t as happy as they thought they could be BC and felt that they could be happier elsewhere."

    And now for Dave Letterman's Top 10 reasons for Watts leaving in no particular order and speculate all you want

    1) Did not like the school (Too large class size, curriculum offered)
    2) Did not like the coach
    3) Did not like the facilities
    4) Did not like being so far away from home/family (Home town Toronto, Ontario)
    5) Did not like Boston (I hated that Boston Traffic/Drivers when I visited)
    6) Did not like playing in Hockey East
    7) Did not like her teammates
    8) Wants to play for a team that would have a better chance to win a NC$$ Title
    9) Boyfriend/Girlfriend Issues
    10) Other
    Last edited by vicb; 05-08-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  17. #97
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,030

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    wow, unbelieveable. As you stated in the article: "we do not know the details behind watts’ potential departure, just like we did not know the details behind lonergan’s, aside from the fact that the players weren’t as happy as they thought they could be bc and felt that they could be happier elsewhere."

    and now for dave letterman's top 10 reasons for watts leaving in no particular order and speculate all you want

    1) did not like the school (too large class size, curriculum offered)
    2) did not like the coach
    3) did not like the facilities
    4) did not like being so far away from home/family (home town toronto, ontario)
    5) did not like boston (i hated that boston traffic/drivers when i visited)
    6) did not like playing in hockey east
    7) did not like her teammates
    8) wants to play for a team that would have a better chance to win a nc$$ title
    9) boyfriend/girlfriend issues
    10) matt desrosiers called
    fyp
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,763

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post

    10) matt desrosiers called


    The Darryl Watts watch and schools she is likely considering:

    If she stays in HE
    Northeastern 5:1
    sucks to BU 8:1

    If she wants the CHA
    Penn State 15:1
    Mercyhurst 20:1

    If she wants the ECAC
    CCT 2:1
    Colgate 3:2
    SLU 8:1

    If she wants the WCHA
    Minny 2:3
    Wisco 2:4

    The Field 50:1
    Last edited by vicb; 05-08-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post


    The Darryl Watts watch and schools she is likely considering:

    If she stays in HE
    Northeastern 5:1
    sucks to BU 8:1

    If she wants the CHA
    Penn State 15:1
    Mercyhurst 20:1

    If she wants the ECAC
    CCT 2:1
    Colgate 3:2
    SLU 8:1

    If she wants the WCHA
    Minny 2:3
    Wisco 2:4

    The Field 50:1
    That visit to Potsdam in March may turn out to be more painful than BC thought.

    Plus -

    Who coaches for Hockey Canada?

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,763

    Re: 2019 Transfers

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    That visit to Potsdam in March may turn out to be more painful than BC thought.

    Plus -

    Who coaches for Hockey Canada?
    I forgot, can you tell me?
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    And of 2 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray and Loren Gabel
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •