Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Transfers

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Players are unhappy where they are for whatever reason, decide that Clarkson would be the best fit academically and on the ice (a winning program, a great coaching staff, great facilities) over other options (Wisconsin etc ). Clarkson's coaches decide that the player will improve their team (the 2 recruiting classes prior to this years have not been near the top 10 on anyone list). Clarkson admissions decides that the player can handle the academics. Is there something else you need to know?
    All kidding aside I found this on the Clarkson admissions website:

Qualifications for a student athlete to get in:
    18 on ACT
    2 Captain Crunch Box tops
    Write small essay on "Clarkson safe space for unhappy hockey players"
    Have small tattoo (1-3") that says Canuck or Transfer
    Exceptions to a reduced admission standard:
    Transfer during Olympic year when other college Olympians are centralized.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post

18 on ACT
      That Captain Crunch box top is a tough one, who likes that stuff? Maybe they need to change it to frosted flakes.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post

18 on ACT
        It must have taken you a few days to come up with this doozy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
          Going to try and say this in a nice manner. Is it a good idea to have a roster of 2/3 or more Canadians using up American dollars when USA girls, not necessarily hockey players are paying full price for school? ........
          Going to try to say this in a nice manner. What about the 4 Canadians on the Minn Roster or the 6 Canadians on the Wisconsin Roster last season. Is it a good idea to have any Canadians on your roster using up American dollars when USA girls, not necessarily hockey players are paying full price for school?
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Going to try to say this in a nice manner. What about the 4 Canadians on the Minn Roster or the 6 Canadians on the Wisconsin Roster last season. Is it a good idea to have any Canadians on your roster using up American dollars when USA girls, not necessarily hockey players are paying full price for school?
            Very few at CCT are paying the full $60K+ full cost of attendance. People I've talked to say they try to get it down to $30K.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              In an effort to not take a swipe at Canadian players, whom I believe are an important part of the game of hockey I was merely suggesting that maybe schools in the USA who have a serious tuition problem think about not over committing US dollars to non citizens. Most of the Canadians say full ride or your're not prying me from my home. However there is a healthy number of non US citizens that should play a role on hockey teams in an effort to bring culture to the program. I would probably say 4-6 is in that healthy range and most would agree. I don't think anyone would think 15 players from Canada is a healthy number for any US college program. Are they all going to be Doctors? Engineers? or are they all going to go back to Canada and try to be hockey coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Very few at CCT are paying the full $60K+ full cost of attendance. People I've talked to say they try to get it down to $30K.
                that's still 5x what they'd pay in Canada, which explains why you'll have a hard time finding a Canadian student there that isn't a hockey player

and then there is the exchange rate

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                  Going to try and say this in a nice manner. Is it a good idea to have a roster of 2/3 or more Canadians using up American dollars when USA girls, not necessarily hockey players are paying full price for school? Now the Clarkson model seems to make some sense in the fact that they have a roster heavy with Canadians and are winning, so in that respect it may make sense for the school. On the other end of the spectrum you have quite a few schools who also have heavy Canadian rosters and struggle to win more than 10 games. If you ask me give the USA hockey girls some of that money and you wont have a drop off in wins and certainly not in GPA. We've already established the fact that women's pro hockey doesn't pay much so switching schools just for the sake of winning doesn't do much for your resume. I really hope professional women's hockey grows to the point that there will be many hockey jobs for women created but until that happens we should be pushing for these young USA ladies to have an opportunity to be a true student/athlete.
                  what you are forgetting or failing to understand is that one of the most important tenent (their goal of a Utopian world where there is no disease, no war, everyone is happy, and there certainly is no disagreement) of liberalism is "globalization" not only doesn't it matter where they are from, foreigners are preferred, especially if they are illegals so the new aristocracy (elites they like to think of themselves) can hire them for cheap as nannies, gardeners, handyman, ... etc. plus it's always nice to mention all your colored "friends" at the cocktail party (since they won't be there)

Comment

Imagine yourself president or the AD at Clarkson and you go to the Bahama’s for some seminar on leadership, teamwork, or some other BS. When you rub shoulders at the buffet table with your cohorts at other schools you don’t want to be seen as the guy from the little school that just might as well be in Canada, you want something to crow about, make you feel you belong with the others in their inner circle of the elite privileged class. Being in the same conference as the Ivies, and handing them their rear ends in hockey makes you feel more like one of them.

Plus it makes the alumni rain money on your school … that’s what it is all about. Prospective students couldn’t give a rat’s azz about the hockey team, they just want to get away from home, get drunk, and get laid.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      what you are forgetting or failing to understand is that one of the most important tenent (their goal of a Utopian world where there is no disease, no war, everyone is happy, and there certainly is no disagreement) of liberalism is "globalization" not only doesn't it matter where they are from, foreigners are preferred, especially if they are illegals so the new aristocracy (elites they like to think of themselves) can hire them for cheap as nannies, gardeners, handyman, ... etc. plus it's always nice to mention all your colored "friends" at the cocktail party (since they won't be there)
                      I confess I didn't anticipate this brief yet thorough primer on xenophobia when I clicked on this thread.

Comment

I'm hearing visits to Clarkson, Minnesota, Wisconsin are coming up for Watts. It's funny to me when the power 5 schools are on the crap end of the stick, that's why she should come play for one of the best if not the best coach in college hockey.
                        Last edited by techtodenver; 05-16-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                          I'm hearing visits to Clarkson, Minnesota, Wisconsin are coming up for Watts. It's funny to me when the power 5 schools are on the crap end of the stick, that's why she should come play for one of the best if not the best coach in college hockey.
                          I don't know - you think Jeff Kampersal would have her?

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                            Watt? MJ is the best coach in the land, hands down. On Wisconsin baby! I wonder whose gonna lose their $$$ for her?
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Watt? MJ is the best coach in the land, hands down. On Wisconsin baby! I wonder whose gonna lose their $$$ for her?
                              What college checks the following boxes
                              1. Canadian National team coach
                              2. Close to home
                              3. Where the college president knows your name ( and most of the other students on campus, too)
                              4. Small town atmosphere
                              5. Winning program
                              6. Pep Band
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                What college checks the following boxes
                                1. Canadian National team coach
                                2. Close to home
                                3. Where the college president knows your name ( and most of the other students on campus, too)
                                4. Small town atmosphere
                                5. Winning program
                                6. Pep Band
                                it probably has helped that the CWHL named their league championship after the skool
                                players probably get confused and think it is a farm team and they HAVE to play there before moving up to the "pros"

Comment

Working...
                                X