2019 Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mnwis View Post
    One of the main reasons for transfer, is GRADES, a new academic setting can be what the dr ordered.
    Yep ... That's it 🙄

Comment

• Re: 2019 Transfers

Eric Rud to Maimi (OH).
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Eric Rud to Maimi (OH).
        Is that just south of Celveland (OH)?
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Is that just south of Celveland (OH)?
          No it's closer to Cobumlus and just north of Cinnabonati.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
            I think Clarkson landed a very good goaltender in Zeglen. She was the heir apparent at OSU when Sauve left but injuries sidelined her I believe. Brandli took over the starter’s role and never relinquished it. This might represent a second chance opportunity for Zeglen. She sure played well against us in the conference playoffs a few years ago when Sauve was out.
            True statement here. Zeglen was the starter on opening weekend vs Quinnipiac, then got hurt, and basically never got her starting job back. There used to be an unwritten rule that you didn't lose your starting job due to an injury, but that doesn't seem to be the case these days. Amanda Zeglen is a tremendous goaltender. I think she is going to do well at Clarkson and I wish her the best.

Heard about Lonergan to Clarkson. Also hearing that Watts will end up at Clarkson. What is going on up there at BC?!?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
              Heard about Lonergan to Clarkson. Also hearing that Watts will end up at Clarkson. What is going on up there at BC?!?
              What is going on @ Clarkson that they are reloading with other team's players, that is what I want to know.

Comment

What is going on @ Clarkson that they are reloading with other team's players, that is what I want to know.
                I suspect if Clarkson reunites the Dunne siblings next year there might be an outcry. One is already there.

Comment

Players are unhappy where they are for whatever reason, decide that Clarkson would be the best fit academically and on the ice (a winning program, a great coaching staff, great facilities) over other options (Wisconsin etc ). Clarkson's coaches decide that the player will improve their team (the 2 recruiting classes prior to this years have not been near the top 10 on anyone list). Clarkson admissions decides that the player can handle the academics. Is there something else you need to know?
                  Last edited by vicb; 05-14-2019, 01:57 PM.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    To paraphrase DW.

It is, Sir, as I have said, a small university. And yet, there are those who love it!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnwis View Post
                      One of the main reasons for transfer, is GRADES, a new academic setting can be what the dr ordered.
                      Wow. You truly know nothing

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Players are unhappy where they are for whatever reason, decide that Clarkson would be the best fit academically and on the ice (a winning program, a great coaching staff, great facilities) over other options (Wisconsin etc ). Clarkson's coaches decide that the player will improve their team (the 2 recruiting classes prior to this years have not been near the top 10 on anyone list). Clarkson admissions decides that the player can handle the academics. Is there something else you need to know?
                        Clarkson Hockey: The Island Of Misfit Toys.

Comment

Clarkson Hockey: The Island Of Misfit Toys.
                          Going to try and say this in a nice manner. Is it a good idea to have a roster of 2/3 or more Canadians using up American dollars when USA girls, not necessarily hockey players are paying full price for school? Now the Clarkson model seems to make some sense in the fact that they have a roster heavy with Canadians and are winning, so in that respect it may make sense for the school. On the other end of the spectrum you have quite a few schools who also have heavy Canadian rosters and struggle to win more than 10 games. If you ask me give the USA hockey girls some of that money and you wont have a drop off in wins and certainly not in GPA. We've already established the fact that women's pro hockey doesn't pay much so switching schools just for the sake of winning doesn't do much for your resume. I really hope professional women's hockey grows to the point that there will be many hockey jobs for women created but until that happens we should be pushing for these young USA ladies to have an opportunity to be a true student/athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            Is there something else you need to know?
                            Maybe not need, but one I would like to know:

How does this work as far as scholarships go? Is some already-there player or incoming frosh having their scholarship taken away to free it up for the incoming transfer? Or reduced from 'full' to 'half', etc? Did Clarkson (the example here) have scholarships already 'unclaimed/unallocated' and available to them? Are the transferring players just going without scholarship for the year (or two)?
                            Last edited by robertearle; 05-15-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

A while back, CCT had a goalie on the men's team (Kyle McNulty) who was on an academic scholarship and didn't count against the cap.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                Maybe not need, but one I would like to know:

How does this work as far as scholarships go? Is some already-there player or incoming frosh having their scholarship taken away to free it up for the incoming transfer? Or reduced from 'full' to 'half', etc? Did Clarkson (the example here) have scholarships already 'unclaimed/unallocated' and available to them? Are the transferring players just going without scholarship for the year (or two)?
                                I'm thinking along those some lines....

Comment

Working...
                                X