Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Transfers

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    No WI born player worth a phart in the wind is turning down MJ for the rodents.
    You may want to consider deleting that, before Gopher fans get a crack at it. Because I'm sure we can all think of at least one....

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      You may want to consider deleting that, before Gopher fans get a crack at it. Because I'm sure we can all think of at least one....
      Well, I can think of Abby Boreen of Somerset. Are there others?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
        I don't mean on the current roster (and I don't think Tim did, either).

Comment

Without a doubt Wisconsin & Minnesota have the lions share of world class talent and often received the best of the best for recruits. With this being said, they should not lose often and win championships every year! So I can see why players want to transfer to strong programs. However, it's good for the game when the talent migrates to other programs and gives the giants a push!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            No WI born player worth a phart in the wind is turning down MJ for the rodents.
            I mean I also try and forget that Amanda Kessel exists, but I didn't think you guys were able to so comprehensively do so.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

And she played her high school hockey at Hill Murray, which of course is across the river in Minnesota.

Truth is, in terms of numbers, Wisconsin produces very few D1-level players each year, especially from their high school programs. Looking at last year's stats the Badgers had four skaters from Minnesota and four from Wisconsin. Total point production was 81-21 respectively.

I would be the first, however, to credit Coach Johnson and his staff for their recruiting of very high-end talent from outside the two states, pretty much from coast-to-coast in the U.S. and all of Canada. But in terms of players from the home state there hasn't been much (who I can thing of) since Rigsby and Decker...
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

To me she wasn't worth a phart.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  And she played her high school hockey at Hill Murray, which of course is across the river in Minnesota.

Truth is, in terms of numbers, Wisconsin produces very few D1-level players each year, especially from their high school programs. Looking at last year's stats the Badgers had four skaters from Minnesota and four from Wisconsin. Total point production was 81-21 respectively.

I would be the first, however, to credit Coach Johnson and his staff for their recruiting of very high-end talent from outside the two states, pretty much from coast-to-coast in the U.S. and all of Canada. But in terms of players from the home state there hasn't been much (who I can thing of) since Rigsby and Decker...
                  Mauermann, Wellhausen, Claudia Keppler

Comment

Wisco never offered her...

Comment

Watts to Wisconsin: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...n-badgers-wcha

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I do find it a little odd that both Hockey East and the WCHA require a player to sit out a year when transferring to another school within the conference while there is no such rule that a player must sit when transferring to a school in the other conference.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          I do find it a little odd that both Hockey East and the WCHA require a player to sit out a year when transferring to another school within the conference while there is no such rule that a player must sit when transferring to a school in the other conference.
                          Who's going to enforce that though? The conference they're leaving from has no jurisdiction there, and the conference the player is going to is going to WANT that player to be eligible to make the conference better.

Comment

I'm shocked the fighting nurses lost out on this one...Most have run out of cash money.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Must be some bad mojo at BC when your 2 best players transfer out. Not a good sign for a program.

Comment

I don't like the deal even though UW is benefiting from it. They all should sit a year if they transfer, or better yet just sit tight and make it work, life is all about making it work.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X