Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Transfers

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Not to repeat...but she was committed to Princeton before BC...so Princeton or Penn state (Kampersal) does not surprise me...
    But if she wants to win......nope
    I suppose it depends on why she's transferring. If she's just chasing a ring, it won't be at Penn State, but if Jeff Kampersal left an impression on her and she's also after something academically at Penn State, never say never.

Comment

Not to repeat...but she was committed to Princeton before BC...so Princeton or Penn state (Kampersal) does not surprise me...
      But if she wants to win......nope
      I did not know she flipped from Princeton.....maybe she has commitment issues.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        There have been a few recently who Supposedly committed to Princeton Or Harvard and wound up at Penn State. In each of those cases the ACT scores were the dagger. By no means am I saying Penn State is any slouch academically and 23-25 ACT score is also not terrible. Those were just reasons to go a different route and probably a better fit. Just because someone says they committed to Princeton doesn't mean they scored a 30+ on the ACT, especially if they didn't end up going there the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Ivies allow you to announce your commitment until you have completed the ACT SAT?

Comment

Thanks Momma Watts.
          I found this to be very funny....at least make me Daddy Watts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
            There have been a few recently who Supposedly committed to Princeton Or Harvard and wound up at Penn State. In each of those cases the ACT scores were the dagger. By no means am I saying Penn State is any slouch academically and 23-25 ACT score is also not terrible. Those were just reasons to go a different route and probably a better fit. Just because someone says they committed to Princeton doesn't mean they scored a 30+ on the ACT, especially if they didn't end up going there the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the Ivies allow you to announce your commitment until you have completed the ACT SAT?
            This makes no sense when you look at the number of 8th grade commits. I advise all Ivy commits to keep quiet until they get those scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I believe this was very early...Not saying it had anything to do with grades. Don’t forgot BC could offer money where Princeton can only refer to a financial aid calculator on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
                I found this to be very funny....at least make me Daddy Watts!
                Daddy Lonergan? I had a 50% chance of getting it wrong and I did get it wrong. I'm usually wrong anyway, so I stayed in character.

Comment

The suspense is killing me by the way. Not so much that UW will get her, but where she lands could keep the spice-o-meter high in the forum for another month or so.

Comment

This makes no sense when you look at the number of 8th grade commits. I advise all Ivy commits to keep quiet until they get those scores.
                    They tell their prospective athletes to keep it on the down low as a way to save face just in case the test scores don't work out quite like they want to. Sound advice I would say. They don't sign NLI's either for Ivy League schools. You can look at the list of "committs" right now of parents who could't help themselves and just had to tell everyone. That list will have a few drop off in a year or two when the tutor couldn't get that score up to at least a 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                      They tell their prospective athletes to keep it on the down low as a way to save face just in case the test scores don't work out quite like they want to. Sound advice I would say. They don't sign NLI's either for Ivy League schools. You can look at the list of "committs" right now of parents who could't help themselves and just had to tell everyone. That list will have a few drop off in a year or two when the tutor couldn't get that score up to at least a 27.
                      If Watts 'legitimately' got into BC, then I don't think ACT scores are going to be a problem. The internet tells me the average ACT for an incoming frosh at BC is in the 30-to-33 range. (Penn St 25-29, Minn 26-31, Wisconsin 27-31, Princeton 33)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        If Watts 'legitimately' got into BC, then I don't think ACT scores are going to be a problem. The internet tells me the average ACT for an incoming frosh at BC is in the 30-to-33 range. (Penn St 25-29, Minn 10-14, Wisconsin 27-31, Princeton 33)
                        Fixed your post.

Comment

Fixed your post.
                          LOL I saw what you did there. If what you say were true, the Gophers would be recruiting the state of Wisconsin much more heavily.

Comment

If Watts 'legitimately' got into BC, then I don't think ACT scores are going to be a problem. The internet tells me the average ACT for an incoming frosh at BC is in the 30-to-33 range. (Penn St 25-29, Minn 26-31, Wisconsin 27-31, Princeton 33)
                            the key word you seem to be missing is average

if athletes needed to meet the average, the football and hoops team would look quite a bit different than they do now
                            for that matter, so would the hockey teams (men)

Comment

You are absolutely correct. BC is a fantastic school, however they may have a tad more wiggle room to get a high caliber player in. She may very well have a 30 or above, I was just saying that in general girls who have their eyes set on Ivy on occasion have to go a different route. Unless you are a Rower, in that case you could get a 17 and get into Harvard if you pony up 500k to go with it

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                LOL I saw what you did there. If what you say were true, the Gophers would be recruiting the state of Wisconsin much more heavily.
                                No WI born player worth a phart in the wind is turning down MJ for the rodents.

Comment

Working...
                                X