Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
    I'm curious what the Q faithful think about CT Ice?
    I do not like non conference games against conference opponents at all. There is no benefit to either team, none, only downside.

So many other non-conference opponents that can be good team-building, brand-expanding, instructive contests with Big 10 or international Junior teams but to play Yale 1 more time during regular season should not be an option for either team...

Comment

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

I think now that UConn is good it'll be fun. You have 3 really good teams in the state so it makes more sense than before.

Comment

I don't see this ever being anything close to a Beanpot and honestly dont see it lasting more than a few seasons in this format. I'd prefer 2 CT teams rotating yearly against 2 true OOC opponents to keep it fresh.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
          I think now that UConn is good it'll be fun. You have 3 really good teams in the state so it makes more sense than before.
          UConn isn't good. They haven't had a winning record since moving to Hockey East. They have 2 winning seasons since 2000-2001. They are a terrible program that put half *** money into the program that sold a bag of goods to Hockey East.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

RPI and Union do it every year, and I think Clarkson and St Lawrence do as well. It will hopefully draw and will be nice to see what Yale and QU would draw if they weren't subject to the limitations of their arenas. Or maybe it won't and then, we'll know.

Comment

UConn does have some high end talent, maybe someday they'll get it together. It was only a few years ago that UConn beat QU the last time they played in Bridgeport.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                RPI and Union do it every year, and I think Clarkson and St Lawrence do as well.
                Those are single-game events. The CT tourney means the loss of 2 OOC games. With recent history, games against UConn and SHU do little to help PairWise when potentially higher ranked non-con opponents can be had. Plus, it hurts Yale the most due to their Ivy-mandated abbreviated schedule (did I just stick up for Yale? ). Another thing to consider is that the Bobcats and Bulldogs can possibly face each other 7 times in a season (CT tourney, 2x regular season, 3x ECAC's, NCAA's/FF).

It will hopefully draw and will be nice to see what Yale and QU would draw if they weren't subject to the limitations of their arenas. Or maybe it won't and then, we'll know.
                I think it will draw well to begin with, but long term?... not so sure.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Those are single-game events. The CT tourney means the loss of 2 OOC games. With recent history, games against UConn and SHU do little to help PairWise when potentially higher ranked non-con opponents can be had. Plus, it hurts Yale the most due to their Ivy-mandated abbreviated schedule (did I just stick up for Yale? ). Another thing to consider is that the Bobcats and Bulldogs can possibly face each other 7 times in a season (CT tourney, 2x regular season, 3x ECAC's, NCAA's/FF).

I think it will draw well to begin with, but long term?... not so sure.
                  7x in a season is a lot, but honestly, they could play each other 6x with out the CT ICE tourney, correct? I think it adds one extra OOC game as QU will always play UConn, and they should. I think Rand actually made a statement last year or the year before that he'd like to see QU play UConn twice a year. Plus, if UConn steals a game or two in HE against a powerhouse, it actually does help QU's Pairwise. I'd love to see them get some B1G, NCHC or WCHA teams in the future, but those conferences don't appear to want to come to Hamden. Hopefully there is something in the works for this year, but I think we're waiting on more AHA teams at this point. The Big programs we've traditionally played have released their schedules, and QU isn't on them. I'm hoping for a strong ECAC year, as it doesn't look like the OOC schedule will do much for NCAA hopes. Maybe with the big turnover on the team again this year, and still being young, that might be a good thing.

Comment

FWIW - QU's OOC this year is CT Tourney (UConn), CT Tourney (Yale/SHU), @AIC, Maine, Maine, UMass, @UMass, @ASU, @ASU

That leaves 1 OOC game - anyone have an idea who it is? I'm guessing one of these 3 - Bentley/Army/Holy Cross

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                      FWIW - QU's OOC this year is CT Tourney (UConn), CT Tourney (Yale/SHU), @AIC, Maine, Maine, UMass, @UMass, @ASU, @ASU

That leaves 1 OOC game - anyone have an idea who it is? I'm guessing one of these 3 - Bentley/Army/Holy Cross
                      oof - seeing it written down shows how weak of a schedule this is - we will not have much room for error in these games for PWR at the end of the year

Comment

I think the limit is 34 games thats what we played regular season last year. with 22 conference games (11 home) and the ones listed 9 ( 2 tournament and 3 home) thats 31 so would be 3 more games unless AIC is a home and home series and not just a game at AIC if so thats 2 more games. If all the remaining OOC games are away and not counting what they do with the tournament that would be 14 home games in Hamden. That would be 2 less than last year and very disappointing.
                        Last edited by Turk; 06-25-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 off-season thread

Originally posted by Turk View Post
                          I think the limit is 34 games thats what we played regular season last year. with 22 conference games (11 home) and the ones listed 9 ( 2 tournament and 3 home) thats 31 so would be 3 more games unless AIC is a home and home series and not just a game at AIC if so thats 2 more games. If all the remaining OOC games are away and not counting what they do with the tournament that would be 14 home games in Hamden. That would be 2 less than last year and very disappointing.
                          Just realized QU played Colgate 3xs last year? Was one game just a fill in or something?

I guess there are 3 games that are unknown instead of just 1. Opens the door for them to play in Catamount cup or PC / Maine.
                          Last edited by Liveatjrl; 06-25-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Just realized QU played Colgate 3xs last year? Was one game just a fill in or something?
                            It was a non-conf game at the Nassau Coliseum.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I guess there are 3 games that are unknown instead of just 1. Opens the door for them to play in Catamount cup or PC / Maine.
                              We'll find out tomorrow when QU announces their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Schedule released:

https://gobobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Working...
                                X