Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    I prefer a bengal tiger, they can swim the three rivers.
    Wouldn't that be a Monongahela Tiger then?

D-1 Hockey Nut

I'm passing this year. It's the first one I've missed in 10 or 11 years accept for Pittsburgh. Too long of a haul for such a dismal locale. I went to Fargo last weekend and even though it is 10X more dismal than Buffalo, it was a good trip. Love the rink and the results were beautiful! It was the first regional I've been to since 2010 when RIT beat us in Albany. Nice to get that monkey off the back!
    Go Pioneers!

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Yes, I understood why you made the comment. And my comment was a knock on the BU "fanbase" which has dwindled to almost nothing. When I said "Friar fans" I meant that ALL of the "neutral" (ok 99%) fans were rooting for Providence (or if you want to look at is as "against BU" that's fine too).
    SO why are people talking about Providence being able to win away from home when both of Duluth's Championships were won in MN? (Yeah, not Duluth, but clearly the fan favorite.)

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koho View Post
    SO why are people talking about Providence being able to win away from home when both of Duluth's Championships were won in MN? (Yeah, not Duluth, but clearly the fan favorite.)
    pc could have taken a commuter rail to win their single national championship (did they win? Mookie canít remember)

Could Duluth have done the same to win either of their two?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    pc could have taken a commuter rail to win their single national championship (did they win? Mookie canít remember)

Duluth is about 2.5 hour drive or so from the Twin Cities, but many people who went to college up there live down here.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Oh man youíre killin me. I know... havenít missed a UMD frozen four in my adult-ish life

What!?!? Like $250-400 from Denver itís just the layovers that kill me. With all those hours spent on layovers it could make more sense to fly to Detroit, Cleveland or Toronto and rent a car. Certainly opens up options youíd probably be renting a car anyways gotta see the falls and get to Toronto!!

Iíll spend whatever $$ find a way if they go to the championship. I just remember how ****ty of a time I had in Boston when they lostin the semis I did not want to be in Boston at all after that (not like i had anything else better to do).
    Well...I'm going. I'm driving the whole way, but I'll be there. I tried looking at flights to every airport around, prices were still hovering over $600 a piece no matter where I looked. It'll be an interesting drive with these storms coming our way...
    "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    pc could have taken a commuter rail to win their single national championship (did they win? Mookie can’t remember)

Is it really a fair argument, as is Duluth close to anywhere in the United States? Or easy to get to from any major U.S city?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisP View Post
    Is it really a fair argument, as is Duluth close to anywhere in the United States? Or easy to get to from any major U.S city?
    Duluth is a 2.5 hour drive to the Twin Cities. For a comparison, those in Providence, RI would need to drive to Portland, ME for it to be a comparable drive.

Quote Originally Posted by dogs2012 View Post
    Duluth is a 2.5 hour drive to the Twin Cities. For a comparison, those in Providence, RI would need to drive to Portland, ME for it to be a comparable drive.
    You're right that's tough. Providence to Boston is only about 50min., and you can make it to NYC in around 3 hours with no traffic...

You're right that's tough. Providence to Boston is only about 50min., and you can make it to NYC in around 3 hours with no traffic...
    It's all relative haha. Those on the east coast would balk at that kind of drive, but in college I used to drive from Duluth to the Twin Cities for a day trip. Hell, I've driven 50 miles just to go to a Chipotle. So not exactly an equatable scenario.

Hahaha, you said no traffic......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post

Key word...NO traffic! There is always a ton between those two cities!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Looking for something to do on Friday in Buffalo. The weather looks like it will be rainy and I am not feeling like driving to Toronto. Any suggestions?
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Quote Originally Posted by dogs2012 View Post
    Well...I'm going. I'm driving the whole way, but I'll be there. I tried looking at flights to every airport around, prices were still hovering over $600 a piece no matter where I looked. It'll be an interesting drive with these storms coming our way...
    I have a flight from the midwest on Thursday and at this point I am guessing it will be cancelled. You will have a better chance of making it by driving.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Looking for something to do on Friday in Buffalo. The weather looks like it will be rainy and I am not feeling like driving to Toronto. Any suggestions?
    Not in Buffalo, but I think that Niagara Falls (the falls, not the town) are a must see, if you have not visited. Remember to bring your passport. :-)
    Last edited by Snively65; 04-08-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I have a flight from the midwest on Thursday and at this point I am guessing it will be cancelled. You will have a better chance of making it by driving.
    I could be wrong, but I personally think this storm is being blown out of proportions. I've seen some reports of 36 inches. I think there's a better chance it stays above freezing and it's mostly rain. Weather report here in the Twin Cities is stating more like 3-8 inches, if it turns to snow instead of rain. You're right though, I may very well have a better chance of making it either way. Everyone be safe traveling this week.

Any guesses to how bad the traffic will be Thursday leading up to the first game? We're coming in from out of town and will be staying about 10 miles from the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    Any guesses to how bad the traffic will be Thursday leading up to the first game? We're coming in from out of town and will be staying about 10 miles from the arena.
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by pc88 View Post

To be fair, especially with construction starting on 35, trips to/from Duluth will be crappy this summer. It's been bad around Hinckley (about the halfway point) for, well, since the beginning of time...

For easterners, 30 minutes is a long drive. For midwesterners, it's usually 3+ hours before we think it's a long drive. From Mpls (where I am, anyway, west side suburbs): Duluth (2.5 hours), Rochester (1.5 hours), Hudson WI (hour), St Cloud (hour) are easy day trips. Fargo is about 4 hours or so, I've made a hellrun to a brewery near Stevens Point/Wassau WI for a beer release (drove there, picked up my beer, and drove home), and that's 4 hours one way. Mankato is about 1.5 hours, also.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
    There's traffic in Buffalo between 3 and 6. I'd plan to be at the arena by 4.

Thread Information