Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Egregiously bad missed call.
    Missed called on that hit to the head. Missed three slashes on Denver before. Looks like the boys are going to decide this one. I feel like which team wins this one wins it all. Good stick skills. Very great game!

Comment

• Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      I feel like which team wins this one wins it all. Good stick skills. Very great game!
      I can't see UMass beating UMD unless they smarten up and play with MUCH more discipline. It's frankly almost embarrassing the way they have lost their composure.

Comment

Have to be murdered to draw a penalty now.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

UMD is licking their chops.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Have to be murdered to draw a penalty now.
            Feed them electrolytes, bananas, and pasta. feeding them and getting them to understand the next game is huge.

Comment

Feed them electrolytes, bananas, and pasta. feeding them and getting them to understand the next game is huge.
              Yes. Hopefully they gained some humility tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                UMD is licking their chops.

Not against the team, against their insufferable fans who think they are blue bloods.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The reported attendance per chstats was 13051. That seems about 3-4000 too high.

Those are obviously sold and unused tickets (as usual, I’ll point out that there is very little incentive for the hosts to overreport attendance figures). Perhaps a symptom of fans from blue blood schools that didn’t book a trip when they missed the tourney? I’d blame the prices, but the prices have been insane for years.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Yes. Hopefully they gained some humility tonight.
                    For some reason I like you tonight. You’ve always been a pain in our *** as a bu fan. But I bet you are a true hockey east fan. Kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Sellouts listed for all three games in Buffalo in 2003.
                      The Buffalo News reported a few days ago that tickets for the 2003 FF sold out a year ahead of time.

That clearly didn't happen this time around. I was there tonight and had a GREAT time watching two terrific games in a pretty nice facility... but the turnout was very poor and not what I would have envisioned for my first Frozen Four. I doubt there was even 10,000 in there. Maybe 9K. I've been to regular season games at Union, Cornell and RPI with a better atmosphere.

What went wrong? Ticket prices were higher than ever, I think. Our all-session passes were $300 each for the lower level. The four teams that did make it may not have been optimal for attendance purposes but there's way of controlling that. And though we drove in, I've heard a lot of complaints about the Buffalo Airport. I can't speak to how well the event was (or was not) marketed in the Buffalo area. Maybe all those were factors.

I could see Saturday's crowd being worse with Providence knocked out of it. Outside of UMass, they might have had the best turnout.

Unfortunately, I would be surprised Buffalo will be getting another Frozen Four after this. All those empty seats is a bad look on TV for the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                        The Buffalo News reported a few days ago that tickets for the 2003 FF sold out a year ahead of time.

That clearly didn't happen this time around. I was there tonight and had a GREAT time watching two terrific games in a pretty nice facility... but the turnout was very poor and not what I would have envisioned for my first Frozen Four. I doubt there was even 10,000 in there. Maybe 9K. I've been to regular season games at Union, Cornell and RPI with a better atmosphere.

What went wrong? Ticket prices were higher than ever, I think. Our all-session passes were $300 each for the lower level. The four teams that did make it may not have been optimal for attendance purposes but there's way of controlling that. And though we drove in, I've heard a lot of complaints about the Buffalo Airport. I can't speak to how well the event was (or was not) marketed in the Buffalo area. Maybe all those were factors.

I could see Saturday's crowd being worse with Providence knocked out of it. Outside of UMass, they might have had the best turnout.

Unfortunately, I would be surprised Buffalo will be getting another Frozen Four after this. All those empty seats is a bad look on TV for the NCAA.
                        It isn’t a Buffalo problem. It is a lack of foresight with ncaa hockey.

Comment

It isn’t a Buffalo problem. It is a lack of foresight with ncaa hockey.
                          Maybe but you know they won't take the blame for pricing themselves out for many people.

Comment

Maybe but you know they won't take the blame for pricing themselves out for many people.
                            You seem smart... northern Maine folk... say AYUH

Comment

Seats were empty for first game then filled up with umass fans for 2nd game. Then empty seats for second game when prov. fans left.
                              Go figure -- why not watch both games.

Mass had biggest group of all. Hopefully they bus em in for saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                The reported attendance per chstats was 13051. That seems about 3-4000 too high.

Those are obviously sold and unused tickets (as usual, I’ll point out that there is very little incentive for the hosts to overreport attendance figures). Perhaps a symptom of fans from blue blood schools that didn’t book a trip when they missed the tourney? I’d blame the prices, but the prices have been insane for years.
                                Not this insane.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X