Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 362

Thread: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

  1. #281
    I got the juice
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calirado
    Posts
    1,444

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Way too easy what happened? Nobody will remember SCSU from now Facts
    Last edited by UMD21; 04-13-2019 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #282
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Way too easy what happened? Nobody will remember SCSU from now Facts
    Congrats to champion UMD Bulldogs! Played a great blend, and well coached!

  3. #283
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Way too easy what happened? Nobody will remember SCSU from now Facts
    If I were a SCSU fan, I’d be fine with that lol.

    Congrats to the Dogs! What a run their program is on right now. Honestly, Denver would’ve put up a better challenge. The strength of the NCHC continues.

  4. #284
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Congrats to the Bulldogs on a well deserved championship. Team of the decade!

  5. #285
    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Somerset, WI
    Posts
    522
    Congratulations Bulldogs! What a decade for UMD. It's neat that UMD and the gophers both pulled a St.Paul/Buffalo back to back titles bit.

  6. #286
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    in this era, 3rd title in 8 yrs, just incredible. Congrats UMD.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  7. #287
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,537

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    I know the game wasn’t exciting, but the way UMD shut down a talented offense was seriously impressive.

    No question how deserving they are as champions and that sandelin has truly elevated the status of this program.

  8. #288
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    8,011

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    I am **** impressed with UMD’s game and how they’ve built a culture where kids want to stay and win championships. They are the class program right now.

  9. #289
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    42,642

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    goofs hired the wrong mn satellite coach
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  10. #290
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    42,642

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yes. DU was dominant from 1975-2000.
    sure, but a chunk of that was when they skated professionals
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  11. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Wow. I guess what we have been saying about a "down" year for Hockey East was shown this weekend. Total domination. I don't think I have ever seen a more one-sided game. What's scary for Hockey East fans is this is the team that ran through the entire league and wiped everyone out. And they couldn't even score ONE five on five goal in two games.

    If the Hockey East teams don't change their recruiting strategy the league will become non-competitive. It's clear the UMD was bigger, stronger, heavier on the puck and took away time and space. Obviously Flagship team wasn't as confident as their fans were. They were done from puck drop.

    If this doesn't prove that you need a "blend" of hot shots and older, experienced players, I don't know what will.

  12. #292
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,687
    Quote Originally Posted by UMD21 View Post
    Way too easy what happened? Nobody will remember SCSU from now Facts
    Ok.

  13. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Wow. I guess what we have been saying about a "down" year for Hockey East was shown this weekend. Total domination. I don't think I have ever seen a more one-sided game. What's scary for Hockey East fans is this is the team that ran through the entire league and wiped everyone out. And they couldn't even score ONE five on five goal in two games.

    If the Hockey East teams don't change their recruiting strategy the league will become non-competitive. It's clear the UMD was bigger, stronger, heavier on the puck and took away time and space. Obviously Flagship team wasn't as confident as their fans were. They were done from puck drop.

    If this doesn't prove that you need a "blend" of hot shots and older, experienced players, I don't know what will.
    You remind me of an ex wife. Over react every time. Stop.

  14. #294
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,871
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    goofs hired the wrong mn satellite coach
    They didn't hire one at all. SCSU is part of the MNSCU (Minnesota State Colleges & Universities) system. The U of M group is completely separate. This is different from the Wisconsin and Michigan models.

  15. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    4,255

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    You remind me of an ex wife. Over react every time. Stop.
    Championships won by Western schools: 52
    Championships won by Eastern schools: 19

    Longest winning streak by Western schools: 12 (1955-66)
    Longest winning streak by Eastern schools: 4 (2012-15)

    # of NCAA titles won by NCHC since league was formed: 4 out of 6

    Hockey East schools need to change their recruiting strategy. Period.

  16. #296
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
    He is good. Took a while, but he is great.

  18. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
    He is probably going to get big nhl contract.

  19. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Championships won by Western schools: 52
    Championships won by Eastern schools: 19

    Longest winning streak by Western schools: 12 (1955-66)
    Longest winning streak by Eastern schools: 4 (2012-15)

    # of NCAA titles won by NCHC since league was formed: 4 out of 6

    Hockey East schools need to change their recruiting strategy. Period.
    Like I said... stop you cat person.... always judged.

    Enjoy life and wag the tail. You can live longer this way.

  20. #300
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    22,998

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •