Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 362

Thread: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colonie, NY
    Posts
    3,010

    2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Now that the regionals are complete with 3 of the last 4 NCAA Champions returning, itís time for the following questions to be answered:

    Can Denver tie Michiganís record of 9 NCAA titles?
    Can Minnesota-Duluth become the first back-to-back Champions since Denver in 2004-05?
    Can Providence prove that they truly belonged by winning it all outside of New England?
    Can UMass complete a magical season with their first ever NCAA title?

    These and many other questions to be answered next week. Let the discussion begin...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    To be more specific, the old WCHA vs. Hockey East

  3. #3
    I got the juice
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Calirado
    Posts
    1,436

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Given the momentum, I figured a NCHC team would be the first to get 10 titles. DU and UND may be one behind, but thereís two of them contending.

  4. #4
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,504

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Neutral rooting interests:

    UMass
    Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

    Providence
    Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

    Denver
    Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
    Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

    UMD
    Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
    Cons: Repeat champ?

    For my ranking, I go:
    1. #NewMass
    2. UMD
    3. Denver
    4. PROVICED SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST

  5. #5
    cetihcra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Denver, Colorado -- VT awhile back
    Posts
    2,583

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Neutral rooting interests:

    UMass
    Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

    Providence
    Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
    Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

    Denver
    Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
    Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

    UMD
    Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
    Cons: Repeat champ?

    For my ranking, I go:
    1. #NewMass
    2. UMD
    3. Denver
    4. PROVICED SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST
    Providence is smaller than DU

    r

  6. #6
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,848

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings

  8. #8
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthMike View Post
    Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings
    beef on weck
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  9. #9
    Say, this is nice. Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Wauwatosa, WI
    Posts
    34,258

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    4. PROVICED SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST
    Clearly, PU will get their desevrings.

    "I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

    2008 POTY

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southeast of Providence...
    Posts
    517

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post
    Providence is smaller than DU

    r
    Yep about 1500 less students at PC...

    AIC may take the smallest cake in D1 Hockey, less than 1400....

  11. #11
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    Visit the HHOF in Toronto.

  12. #12
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,243

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

    Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-01-2019 at 07:53 PM.

  13. #13
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
    Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry

  14. #14
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,848

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Visit the HHOF in Toronto.
    My buddy doesn't have a passport so no go on that. Another time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

    Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
    We can't find a hotel downtown this late in the game but will be 5-10 minutes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry
    I like this idea!




    As for the games I think UMass will handle DU and whomever scores two goals first will win UMD and PC.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Maine, North of Orono
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    beef on weck
    For sure! Ill probably alternate wings and beef between breakfast lunch dinner.
    Last edited by NorthMike; 04-01-2019 at 10:56 PM.

  16. #16
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,653

    Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

    Quote Originally Posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Yep about 1500 less students at PC...

    AIC may take the smallest cake in D1 Hockey, less than 1400....
    I thought it was a HAIR over 1400, but either way...

    Attendance was up this year for the average run of the mill game...300-some compared to 200 some in years past. (Teams like UMass drew thousands, of course).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

    Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
    And the girls... go buffalo. Get tangy downtown!

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652
    lol. What a disaster. Even the Canucks wonít come.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackI View Post
    lol. What a disaster. Even the Canucks wonít come.
    This will be the least attended frozen four.

  20. #20
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,765
    Quote Originally Posted by 73pcfriar View Post
    yep about 1500 less students at pc...

    Aic may take the smallest cake in d1 hockey, less than 1400....
    fewer.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •