2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

in this era, 3rd title in 8 yrs, just incredible. Congrats UMD.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I know the game wasn’t exciting, but the way UMD shut down a talented offense was seriously impressive.

No question how deserving they are as champions and that sandelin has truly elevated the status of this program.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I am **** impressed with UMD’s game and how they’ve built a culture where kids want to stay and win championships. They are the class program right now.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

goofs hired the wrong mn satellite coach
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yes. DU was dominant from 1975-2000.
            sure, but a chunk of that was when they skated professionals
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Wow. I guess what we have been saying about a "down" year for Hockey East was shown this weekend. Total domination. I don't think I have ever seen a more one-sided game. What's scary for Hockey East fans is this is the team that ran through the entire league and wiped everyone out. And they couldn't even score ONE five on five goal in two games.

If the Hockey East teams don't change their recruiting strategy the league will become non-competitive. It's clear the UMD was bigger, stronger, heavier on the puck and took away time and space. Obviously Flagship team wasn't as confident as their fans were. They were done from puck drop.

If this doesn't prove that you need a "blend" of hot shots and older, experienced players, I don't know what will.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                Way too easy what happened? Nobody will remember SCSU from now Facts
                Ok.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Wow. I guess what we have been saying about a "down" year for Hockey East was shown this weekend. Total domination. I don't think I have ever seen a more one-sided game. What's scary for Hockey East fans is this is the team that ran through the entire league and wiped everyone out. And they couldn't even score ONE five on five goal in two games.

If the Hockey East teams don't change their recruiting strategy the league will become non-competitive. It's clear the UMD was bigger, stronger, heavier on the puck and took away time and space. Obviously Flagship team wasn't as confident as their fans were. They were done from puck drop.

If this doesn't prove that you need a "blend" of hot shots and older, experienced players, I don't know what will.
                  You remind me of an ex wife. Over react every time. Stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    goofs hired the wrong mn satellite coach
                    They didn't hire one at all. SCSU is part of the MNSCU (Minnesota State Colleges & Universities) system. The U of M group is completely separate. This is different from the Wisconsin and Michigan models.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      You remind me of an ex wife. Over react every time. Stop.
                      Championships won by Western schools: 52
                      Championships won by Eastern schools: 19

Longest winning streak by Western schools: 12 (1955-66)
                      Longest winning streak by Eastern schools: 4 (2012-15)

# of NCAA titles won by NCHC since league was formed: 4 out of 6

Hockey East schools need to change their recruiting strategy. Period.

Comment

UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
                        https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          UMD put on an absolute clinic. Maybe a bit of a hot take, but is Sandelin the best North American head coach that isn't coaching in the NHL right now?
                          He is good. Took a while, but he is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                            He is probably going to get big nhl contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Championships won by Western schools: 52
                              Championships won by Eastern schools: 19

Longest winning streak by Western schools: 12 (1955-66)
                              Longest winning streak by Eastern schools: 4 (2012-15)

# of NCAA titles won by NCHC since league was formed: 4 out of 6

Hockey East schools need to change their recruiting strategy. Period.
                              Like I said... stop you cat person.... always judged.

Enjoy life and wag the tail. You can live longer this way.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                                this
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X