2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Now that the regionals are complete with 3 of the last 4 NCAA Champions returning, it’s time for the following questions to be answered:

Can Denver tie Michigan’s record of 9 NCAA titles?
    Can Minnesota-Duluth become the first back-to-back Champions since Denver in 2004-05?
    Can Providence prove that they truly belonged by winning it all outside of New England?
    Can UMass complete a magical season with their first ever NCAA title?

These and many other questions to be answered next week. Let the discussion begin...

Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

To be more specific, the old WCHA vs. Hockey East

Comment

Given the momentum, I figured a NCHC team would be the first to get 10 titles. DU and UND may be one behind, but there’s two of them contending.
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Neutral rooting interests:

UMass
        Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
        Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

Providence
        Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
        Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

Denver
        Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
        Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

UMD
        Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
        Cons: Repeat champ?

For my ranking, I go:
        1. #NewMass
        2. UMD
        3. Denver
        4. PROVICED SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Neutral rooting interests:

UMass
          Pros: New blood, having a very exciting year, played an exciting brand of hockey in the regionals
          Cons: Anti-basketball school bias? M*******s?

Providence
          Pros: Only one title, not exactly a blue blood, would be an underdog, would be interesting to see if they can win a tournament game outside New England for a change
          Cons: Anti-basketball school bias, very defensive team (for better and for worse)

Denver
          Pros: Legitimately good team, smallest school there, young coach with a good story behind it
          Cons: Already has a ton of titles, coached by a ginger

UMD
          Pros: Repeat champ? Less offensive than the gophers. A genuinely good team to watch
          Cons: Repeat champ?

For my ranking, I go:
          1. #NewMass
          2. UMD
          3. Denver
          Providence is smaller than DU

r

Comment

Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Can't wait! Luckily I'll be able to go. But not sure what I am going to do on Friday and Saturday in Buffalo. Suggestions people?
              Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Chicken wings, chicken wings, chicken wings
                beef on weck
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Clearly, PU will get their desevrings.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    Providence is smaller than DU

r
                    Yep about 1500 less students at PC...

AIC may take the smallest cake in D1 Hockey, less than 1400....

Comment

Visit the HHOF in Toronto.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-01-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Visit the HHOF in Toronto.
                            My buddy doesn't have a passport so no go on that. Another time.
                            Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Stay downtown. There are a couple of perfectly fine chains there with lounges and restaurants on-premises, and you can walk to much better dining very easily. There's a Frank Lloyd Wright house that's also within a walk, and that's fun to see if you enjoy novel architecture. The waterfront was renovated a few years back, and it's worth a stroll as well. And of course you have Niagara Falls and the aquarium there. The falls are truly exhilarating right up close. IDK if the Maid(s) of the Mist are operating this early -I doubt that- but Holy God, it's truly thrilling to be inside of American Falls, where the water is so loud that you can't hear yourself think.

Buffalo used to be a s-hole 15-20 years back, but it's a fun town now.
                            We can't find a hotel downtown this late in the game but will be 5-10 minutes away.
                            Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Take Curling lessons on an official Olympic sheet at Buffalo Riverworks. Or watch the roller derby at the same place. Or just eat drink and be merry
                            I like this idea!

As for the games I think UMass will handle DU and whomever scores two goals first will win UMD and PC.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              beef on weck
                              For sure! Ill probably alternate wings and beef between breakfast lunch dinner.
                              Last edited by NorthMike; 04-01-2019, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X