Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: 2019 Off Season

  1. #61
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,727

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sacole13 View Post
    I read the free stuff but the recruit info is under the pay window.
    Click on the players' names they have all the stats, etc.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    JWU hires Bowdoin assistant Eric Graham.

    https://providence.jwuathletics.com/...20190610rl2ct4
    Last edited by joecct; 06-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,597

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

    What are your thoughts?

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

    What are your thoughts?
    Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.

  5. #65
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.
    Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....
    Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

    The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somewhere East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

    The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.

    So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803
    Quote Originally Posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.
    They haze, they violate SafeSport and it's a hearing before some unfriendly people.

  9. #69
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,504

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Mike Eaves leaves Stolaf to coach in the AHL.

    https://twitter.com/bluejacketsnhl/s...162096134?s=21

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •