Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121

Thread: 2019 Off Season

  1. #61
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,747

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by sacole13 View Post
    I read the free stuff but the recruit info is under the pay window.
    Click on the players' names they have all the stats, etc.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    JWU hires Bowdoin assistant Eric Graham.

    https://providence.jwuathletics.com/...20190610rl2ct4
    Last edited by joecct; 06-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

    What are your thoughts?

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

    What are your thoughts?
    Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.

  5. #65
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,644
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.
    Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....
    Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

    The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somewhere East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

    The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.

    So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.
    They haze, they violate SafeSport and it's a hearing before some unfriendly people.

  9. #69
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,576

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Mike Eaves leaves Stolaf to coach in the AHL.

    https://twitter.com/bluejacketsnhl/s...162096134?s=21

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Plattsburgh State hires Reid Lesswing. https://gocardinalsports.com/news/20...key-coach.aspx

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Plattsburgh State hires Reid Lesswing. https://gocardinalsports.com/news/20...key-coach.aspx
    So one Suny team to another. I understand that Plattsburgh has a far more storied program but other than that, is there any other reason to make this move? Bigger budget? More resources? More money / higher salary? Is Fredonia Assistant only a part time gig? Does Plattsburgh assistant look better on a resume than Fredonia? Iím curious. Fredonia is about 30 minutes from his hometown so there must have been a few good reasons to make the move across the state to the north country. Sounds like a great pick up for Platty.

  12. #72
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    877

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Riley is stepping down as coach at Wilkes. Assistant position at Colgate.
    Last edited by smbenny; 06-20-2019 at 08:07 PM.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    Riley is stepping down as coach at Wilkes. Assistant position at Colgate.
    He stepped down to take the Assistant position at Colgate. He did a **** good job getting Wilkes competitive in their first season. Sucks for the players that he recruited there. They only got him for one season. Hopefully the next coach can keep the program heading in the right direction.

    https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/6/20/mens-ice-hockey-mens-hockeys-borges-promoted-riley-joins-staff.aspx

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,844

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-Stone View Post
    So one Suny team to another. I understand that Plattsburgh has a far more storied program but other than that, is there any other reason to make this move? Bigger budget? More resources? More money / higher salary? Is Fredonia Assistant only a part time gig? Does Plattsburgh assistant look better on a resume than Fredonia? I’m curious. Fredonia is about 30 minutes from his hometown so there must have been a few good reasons to make the move across the state to the north country. Sounds like a great pick up for Platty.
    Let's just say in some D3 schools, the assistant coaching job is a full time position and in others it is not.

    Probably the same reason Mark Digby left his alma mater to move to Oswego for the same position.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,552

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Let's just say in some D3 schools, the assistant coaching job is a full time position and in others it is not.

    Probably the same reason Mark Digby left his alma mater to move to Oswego for the same position.
    And soon enough Coach Digby will be moving over the the womens head coaching spot..

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,844

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    And soon enough Coach Digby will be moving over the the womens head coaching spot..
    One does wonder what the long term plans are over there...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,552

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    No idea I am not in the loop

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    No idea I am not in the loop
    It's complicated...
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,552

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    It's complicated...
    Nothing is ever ez...I'm sure it will all workout.

  20. #80

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988

    Re: 2019 Off Season

    Arcadia College (MAC) announces formation of men's and women's programs for the 21-22 season.

    https://www.uscho.com/2019/06/27/pen...-fall-of-2021/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •