2019 Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smbenny View Post
    Arcadia University joining UCHC in 2021-2022.
    How does THAT scheduling work with an odd team (& 11 in the conference to boot)?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2019 Off Season

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      How does THAT scheduling work with an odd team (& 11 in the conference to boot)?
      Obviously one of 3 things - somebody else will also join, somebody will leave, OR they will deal with it like the 9 team SUNYAC. ECAC East Women used to have those kinds of numbers before they kicked HC, St. A., and St. M. out.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        Obviously one of 3 things - somebody else will also join, somebody will leave, OR they will deal with it like the 9 team SUNYAC. ECAC East Women used to have those kinds of numbers before they kicked HC, St. A., and St. M. out.
        Playing everyone 2x leaves 5 OOC games - which could hurt the PWR.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Playing everyone 2x leaves 5 OOC games - which could hurt the PWR.
          Unfortunately, the idea of a balanced schedule has long since flown the coop. Play some teams once and others twice and get a total of 16-18 games - such ideas as every team in league plays the same schedule has gone by the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Unfortunately, the idea of a balanced schedule has long since flown the coop. Play some teams once and others twice and get a total of 16-18 games - such ideas as every team in league plays the same schedule has gone by the board.
            Russians, I tell you! IT'S THE RUSSIANS!!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The NCHA is back down to 11 teams and is doing a double round robin.
              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                The NCHA is back down to 11 teams and is doing a double round robin.
                20 conference + 5 OOC. Pick your OOC wisely or you may be under PWRd.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

20 conference + 5 OOC. Pick your OOC wisely or you may be under PWRd.
                  A 1 1/2 round robin might be better. 5 opponents once, 5 twice.

Comment

1 For Fish, I am sure he knows but....Forward transfer from RPI jr. Donavan Ott....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      1 For Fish, I am sure he knows but....Forward transfer from RPI jr. Donavan Ott....
                      Actually, I wasn't paying attention, so thank you for the heads-up.

Ott's numbers at RPI weren't much, but RPI has been very bad for years now. Could be that he had no help..? (Being as positive as possible. )

Still, I've seen some D-1 transfers that had no stats there and yet tore-up D-3. Hope Ott is one of them, 'cause UC graduated a large % of it's scoring yet again.

Comment

Saw that in his junior stop with Johnstown he set single season record for goals and pp goals. Had a cup of coffee in USHL before coming back to Johnstown then to RPI. Finished second in league that year in scoring. Was told by some RPI alum's that he wasnt used as the prototypical power forward. Hope for UC he pans out. Could put up big numbers if given the right opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                          Saw that in his junior stop with Johnstown he set single season record for goals and pp goals. Had a cup of coffee in USHL before coming back to Johnstown then to RPI. Finished second in league that year in scoring. Was told by some RPI alum's that he wasnt used as the prototypical power forward. Hope for UC he pans out. Could put up big numbers if given the right opportunity.
                          After a bit of reflection -D3 being such an annual whirlwind of defections and additions- I'm hoping that you're right.

IIRC (and that's a crap-shoot on my best day) both Educate and Ammirato were lowly D-1 cast-offs who became All-American D-3 players at Utica.

I certainly won't complain if that happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            After a bit of reflection -D3 being such an annual whirlwind of defections and additions- I'm hoping that you're right.

IIRC (and that's a crap-shoot on my best day) both Educate and Ammirato were lowly D-1 cast-offs who became All-American D-3 players at Utica.

I certainly won't complain if that happens again.
                            Educate transferred from Nichols. But certainly was a talented player.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                              Educate transferred from Nichols. But certainly was a talented player.
                              So he did. I forgot that. Thanks.

Comment

Cole Workman (Finlandia '15) named interim HC of St. Olaf.

Workman spent last season as an assistant coach at Bemidji State, responsible for coaching the goalies and all of the coaching video preparation and breakdown. St. Olaf will be playing their first full season in their new rink, which opened midway through last season. They also hired a new women's coach this offseason in Tracy Johnson who has much more experience than what I saw in this article about Workman...

Comment

Working...
                                X