Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ahc > wcha

Re: Ahc > wcha

It took about five years for the post-DII ripples to turn into tsunamis that crushed some schools. Those ended up killing the CHA and making the MAAC the AHA/AHC. Will being six seasons out from the last big realignment be a similar timeframe for change? We'll see.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Drunkard

Im not sure what specifically there was that killed Iona, Fairfield, Findlay and Wayne State that’s more meaningful than the fact that none of them could reliably draw more than 1000 people to their games (frequently drawing much fewer).

Now, the same thing could be said about most of the AHA, but they’ve all been like this for years at this point, so I’m not too concerned about them.

Really if we’re taking about schools that could be in danger due to anything related to realignment, I’d have to imagine it’s the WCHA that’s vulnerable. But even then, the schools at highest risk are the Alaska schools, for reasons that aren’t very related to conferences.

Historically, UAH is the school with the hardest path to financial success… attendance is down some but not too bad as far as I can tell. How do you think they’re doing, GFM? I recall hearing that UAH was going to build a new rink, which I would imagine would be a huge help.

Made in the USA

Skating circles around the WHCA:

Ylae*: Old and Busted
    AHC: New Hotness
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Logically (HA!) Anything West of Wisconsin is WCHA 3.0 or NCHC 2.0 and anything East of Duluth is CCHA 2.0.

Split Alaska (if they both survive).

Never happen, but it makes good sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Im not sure what specifically there was that killed Iona, Fairfield, Findlay and Wayne State that’s more meaningful than the fact that none of them could reliably draw more than 1000 people to their games (frequently drawing much fewer).

Now, the same thing could be said about most of the AHA, but they’ve all been like this for years at this point, so I’m not too concerned about them.

Really if we’re taking about schools that could be in danger due to anything related to realignment, I’d have to imagine it’s the WCHA that’s vulnerable. But even then, the schools at highest risk are the Alaska schools, for reasons that aren’t very related to conferences.

Historically, UAH is the school with the hardest path to financial success… attendance is down some but not too bad as far as I can tell. How do you think they’re doing, GFM? I recall hearing that UAH was going to build a new rink, which I would imagine would be a huge help.
    Re: the folks in the 2000s who went under: it was generally money. WSU couldn't get a rink built; Findlay's President left, and the program died when he did (he was the coach's FIL).

We are hoping for that new facility! That would be a big boon for the entire department.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Thread Information