No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

UMD is the best team I've seen this season, but I have to cheer for the Falcons here. They've had to work so hard to overcome the horrors of the Bowling Green massacre.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      UMD is the best team I've seen this season, but I have to cheer for the Falcons here. They've had to work so hard to overcome the horrors of the Bowling Green massacre.
      Never Forget!!!!!
      In Mel We Trust(ed)

Comment

It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: 2019 NCAA Tournament Thread - Regionals are the best weekend of hockey all year

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          Never as a 4 seed.
          I'm sure that is a relief to the rest of the old WCHA who had to play tournaments at the X...how many times did the top seed have to play the late game because they were up against the Gophers?

Comment

Originally posted by 70gopher View Post
            They're playing in Providence.........same thing as far as crowd goes. Total B.S.
            MSUM are 3rd in the PWR with the second best W% in the NCAA, Providence is 14th. The committee had an attendance $$$ obsession with this location. Not at all fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Their hotel was in Warwick. Everyone else stayed inProvidence.

I can’t to hear the complaints about the officiating next.
              Seriously Jon, this is the stupidest argument that this wasn’t a home game. I firmly believe if this was the 1-4 game in Allentown rather than in Providence, the result would probably be the same. I do not feel that on the ice, there was any advantage for Providence. But you cannot say that it’s not an advantage for the program to not have to get on a plane and fly somewhere. A lot of the fans there that wouldn’t travel to an away game probably went to the Dunk. I think the issue is more that as a lower seed, they could’ve or should’ve been seeded somewhere else. Stop trying to say this wasn’t a home game. It was. It was NOT the difference on the ice, but it was an advantage for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                For years I argued that games at the X were home games for the Gophers but was told repeatedly that they weren't. So neither is this.

Don't like it? Bid to host.
                Uh, I said I was done commenting about this, but Providence was not the host. They got all the benefits without making the financial committment.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                  Uh, I said I was done commenting about this, but Providence was not the host. They got all the benefits without making the financial committment.
                  I never said they were the hosts. I said it wasn't home ice. And it wasn't.

Comment

How many times has Denver had any sort of home advantage in the playoffs in recent ages? They seem to be doing fine... the difference between champions and cursed programs
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      But you said bid to host. Make a $150,000 donation to MSU, and they will bid to host the regional.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        Imagine how it feels to be the guy to get the penalty that costs the team the season. I’d say 75% chance they were going to lose before the penalty but still
                        Yup, that's got to be tough. After watching the replay it looked like the elbow came up and made contact to the head.

A big play in the game was the disallowed goal for offsides at the end of the first. That would have regained the 3 goal lead and stopped PC's momentum after they had scored. PC really got going after that first goal. It's hard to say how the game would have gone if MSU goes up 4-1.

Comment

Good God shut up.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                            But you said bid to host. Make a $150,000 donation to MSU, and they will bid to host the regional.
                            If I had $150,000 to donate it wouldn't go to Mankato.

Playing Providence at the Dunk didn't seem to bother some teams, but I guess we can't all be as impressive as mighty Harvard.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              If SCSU and Minn State make it next year just let them play each other
                              If that ever occurs I’m betting there will be a glitch in the matrix...

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                                Imagine how it feels to be the guy to get the penalty that costs the team the season. I’d say 75% chance they were going to lose before the penalty but still
                                Yup, that's got to be tough. After watching the replay it looked like the elbow came up and made contact to the head.

A big play in the game was the disallowed goal for offsides at the end of the first. That would have regained the 3 goal lead and stopped PC's momentum after they had scored. PC really got going after that first goal. It's hard to say how the game would have gone if MSU goes up 4-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X