X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Because they accept no Federal Funding whatsoever?
    Bingo!

Now, having said that, they do have a policy which states they comply with Title IX and do not discriminate on the basis of sex. But, discrimination is different than equal opportunities. They may self police themselves, but they do not have to abide strictly by Title IX standards if they don't wish to because there is no one that can enforce it.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 05-03-2019, 09:01 AM.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I've had two cousins attend and graduate from Liberty, and they always raved over the hockey program. They put a lot of money into their schools athletics. If one team could make the jump, it would be Liberty. Graduation at Liberty is a spectacle on itself. They have a high high price tag, but job placement post graduation is one of the tops in the nation. They also have a very large online program (not that it helps a hockey program but....). Keep in mind it is also a very religious school (mandated church for most programs)....but hey....hockey is hockey...
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        I've had two cousins attend and graduate from Liberty, and they always raved over the hockey program. They put a lot of money into their schools athletics. If one team could make the jump, it would be Liberty. Graduation at Liberty is a spectacle on itself. They have a high high price tag, but job placement post graduation is one of the tops in the nation. They also have a very large online program (not that it helps a hockey program but....). Keep in mind it is also a very religious school (mandated church for most programs)....but hey....hockey is hockey...
        Considering Jerry Falwell founded the school, and his son now runs it, that should be no surprise.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Arizona State has released its schedule. RIT is listed as there on 1/17 and 1/18. Other AHA teams on their schedule: at Air Force x2, at Bentley and Holy Cross, home vs. Mercyhurst x2 and home vs. RMU x2.

Ten games against Atlantic is likely to make an at-large more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            Arizona State has released its schedule. RIT is listed as there on 1/17 and 1/18. Other AHA teams on their schedule: at Air Force x2, at Bentley and Holy Cross, home vs. Mercyhurst x2 and home vs. RMU x2.

Ten games against Atlantic is likely to make an at-large more difficult.
            They do have 10 games against tournament teams from 2018-19 as well as trips to Michigan St, Wisconsin and Air Force.
            Last year they only played 4 games against AHA (+2 games against UAH), and played 12 games against 2018-19 tournament teams with trips to BU and Minnesota.
            They still have opportunities to win some pairwise comparisons, but there will definitely be more of a premium on making the most of those chances than this past year. Of course, that's assuming all the non-AHA teams on their schedule play at the same level they did in 2018-19. Things can change.
            Can't we all just get along?
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Two more pieces of the schedule. UMass Lowell announced their schedule today and they will be at the GPC on January 10 at 7 p.m. and January 11 at 5 p.m.

Comment

I haven't been keeping track. Is the AHA tournament staying in Buffalo next year? I know initially it was just a one-year deal.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  I haven't been keeping track. Is the AHA tournament staying in Buffalo next year? I know initially it was just a one-year deal.
                  It hasn't been announced as there next season yet, but the commissioner told us on our live podcast from Buffalo that he was meeting with the Pegula Sports people while he was there about the 2020 tournament. He also mentioned that a new five-year strategic plan for AHA was being developed and where it would be in the future or what format was up for discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                    It hasn't been announced as there next season yet, but the commissioner told us on our live podcast from Buffalo that he was meeting with the Pegula Sports people while he was there about the 2020 tournament. He also mentioned that a new five-year strategic plan for AHA was being developed and where it would be in the future or what format was up for discussion.
                    I hear that the JAR is now a leading candidate to host the championship what with it's unique charm and stellar concessions.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      I hear that the JAR is now a leading candidate to host the championship what with it's unique charm and stellar concessions.
                      And it’s a neutral site now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        And it’s a neutral site now!
                        Bonus:. You can do your grocery shopping without moving your car.

So why are Eastern sites not thought about when picking a site for the championship?
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          Bonus:. You can do your grocery shopping without moving your car.

So why are Eastern sites not thought about when picking a site for the championship?
                          Tate Rink at West Point would be a great venue. Seems like all teams that visit post some type of picture of their visit whether it be a picture from Trophy Point or general pictures from some of the facilities. I remember the Tigers posting a picture of the football teams weight room a bunch of years ago.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            My guess is because as of yet, the eastern teams don't make the tournament with enough regularity. With the Harborcenter you're likely gonna get one nearby fanbase and the size of the venue is perfect.

I'd like to see the tournament come east also, but not right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
                              My guess is because as of yet, the eastern teams don't make the tournament with enough regularity. With the Harborcenter you're likely gonna get one nearby fanbase and the size of the venue is perfect.

I'd like to see the tournament come east also, but not right now.

Most likely the same days as hockey east playoffs in the New England area.

Comment

Seriously, I think there be a lot of attendance worries in the East. Bentley is working on that, but I'll have to seek a request to comment from Dan Rubin on the idea of using the JAR...
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X