This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

I'm not too familiar with how coaching contracts work, but I guess I'm surprised to see extensions coming so soon before the end of the contract. Does each extension typically come with better pay or other terms?

Historical contract extensions:
    May 2010: 5 year contract (through end of 2014-2015 season) https://www.rit.edu/news/mens-hockey...-deal?id=47624
    July 2013: 4 year extension (through end of 2016-2017 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...730133639.aspx
    June 2015: 7 year extension (through end of 2021-2022 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...604153047.aspx
    April 2019: 6 year extension (through end of 2024-2025 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...25-season.aspx
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      So did he use the interview as leverage, or was the contract extension his backup plan in case he didn't get the job?

Powers &8^]
      I’m only referring to the timeline Powers..first we read that he interviewed with BG for the head coach position, then we read that he signed a contract extension with RIT. Not sure if it happened in that order but one thing is evident, RIT does not want to lose the only coach that has won coach of the year in both D3 and D1. I’m happy for Wayne, for RIT, and the student athletes on the team and those who have committed to RIT. Let’s see how the school gets behind this team in the upcoming season.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
        I'm not too familiar with how coaching contracts work, but I guess I'm surprised to see extensions coming so soon before the end of the contract. Does each extension typically come with better pay or other terms?

Historical contract extensions:
        May 2010: 5 year contract (through end of 2014-2015 season) https://www.rit.edu/news/mens-hockey...-deal?id=47624
        July 2013: 4 year extension (through end of 2016-2017 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...730133639.aspx
        June 2015: 7 year extension (through end of 2021-2022 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...604153047.aspx
        April 2019: 6 year extension (through end of 2024-2025 season) https://www.ritathletics.com/news/20...25-season.aspx
        No idea either. Did RIT let BG know that WW will not be released from his contract and in fact will be given an extension? No idea. I’m curious how it all went down but I’m 330 miles away as the crow flies so maybe one or two of our more ‘local to the RIT campus and plugged in’ posters may be able to elaborate.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          I would be shocked if there were any other D-I hockey programs that would look to move INTO the AHA. That's like going into the boss' office and asking to be demoted. It's not a downgrade to D-III, but it is a step down nonetheless. They don't really have the "cost containment" angle to sell anymore, but maybe if there is a bottom feeder in the WCHA that is having trouble keeping competitive due to finances and exorbitant travel costs, then maybe...
          Huntsville? (I always felt they were better suited to the AHA than any other conference.)
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            That AHA not being involved was the context clues I purposely was leaving behind.

Yes the MAC is more than just Basketball, that was me just getting the frustration of Canisius and Niagara caring more about Basketball off my chest.

Thank you for using the Naeger Translator...
            MAAC not MAC. Huge difference.

Typos can kill...
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Typos can kill...
              Tom would have died a long time ago
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Huntsville? (I always felt they were better suited to the AHA than any other conference.)
                It's an interesting thought, but wasn't it generally UAH that poo-pooed the possibility of moving to AHA when the last re-alignment happened?
                I suppose money (lack thereof) could eventually drive a philosophical change as much as anything else.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

It's an interesting thought, but wasn't it generally UAH that poo-pooed the possibility of moving to AHA when the last re-alignment happened?
                  I suppose money (lack thereof) could eventually drive a philosophical change as much as anything else.
                  You are correct.

But it doesn't mean Huntsville was right...
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

A well-connected and reliable source told me about two D-I colleges with club programs that are looking at going varsity and which are not names I have heard mentioned previously. Both are within the existing geographical footprint of the league (not counting Air Force).

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Tom would have died a long time ago
                      I'm the board's vampire, you can't kill me I'm already deaf. All the seriously who ever died from a typo?

Calling me out for typo is like calling out a politician for stretching the truth..
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        A well-connected and reliable source told me about two D-I colleges with club programs that are looking at going varsity and which are not names I have heard mentioned previously. Both are within the existing geographical footprint of the league (not counting Air Force).
                        Hmmm. Duquesne or Temple? SUNY Albany perhaps? I'm gonna bet on Drexel.

Comment

I'm the board's vampire, you can't kill me I'm already deaf.
                          Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            Hmm.
                            I'm really having a bad week...
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I'm really having a bad week...
                              TGIF, buddy!

Comment

All the seriously who ever died from a typo?
                                There have been cases where a typo in a requirement or spec or drug study or medical charts has resulted in fatal consequences (or the wrong body part being amputated). Go read up on what they believe was a key cause of the Columbia disaster. (Hint: a poorly worded PowerPoint presentation...)

When you are in the quality field like I am, you learn about them.
                                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 04-26-2019, 12:56 PM.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X