X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    The best?

You have got to be kidding me. At some point, results have to matter.
    Really, do you honestly believe that? 😎
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      But then again I have no clue on how these things work.
      Please stop stealing material from my LinkedIn profile! 🙃
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        I think to keep continuity with the program, recruiting, etc., it would be to the benefit of BGSU to act with expedience. Whether it’s Wayne or someone else I don’t think we will be waiting long. But then again I have no clue on how these things work. If I had to venture a guess I’d say before the end of May. Anybody else have thoughts about the hiring process and timeline?
        BG's athletic director said it could take up to 6 weeks. We're hoping by the end of this week, next week at the latest.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
          BG's athletic director said it could take up to 6 weeks. We're hoping by the end of this week, next week at the latest.
          Thank you for this, earlier definitely seems better than later.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            Please stop stealing material from my LinkedIn profile! 🙃
            You and me both, Blaze. I’ve changed mine to read: Jack of all trades, master of none. 😀
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Interesting comment I saw in the U of Illinois thread: apparently DiGregorio was on the USCHO podcast yesterday, and stated that Atlantic Hockey is "aggressively pursuing a 12th member". No detail as to who that would be, but worth mentioning.

Comment

Interesting comment I saw in the U of Illinois thread: apparently DiGregorio was on the USCHO podcast yesterday, and stated that Atlantic Hockey is "aggressively pursuing a 12th member". No detail as to who that would be, but worth mentioning.
                I wonder if he is alluding to an existing D1 school or a school considering a move to D1 hockey?
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

That’s exactly what he said. He can’t mention any names, at least publicly.

Every commissioner we’ve talked to on the podcast is very pro expansion. Big Ten is hoping Illinois’ feasibility study leads to an 8th team. NCHC is very pro new teams, especially on west coast.

Comment

The best?

You have got to be kidding me. At some point, results have to matter.
                    Results?

Erik Brown - 70 Goals and 45 Assists, you might want to look where he finished on the D-I Career Scoring list for RIT...

Gabriel Valenzuela - 38 Goals 66 Assists

Abbott Girduckis - 30 Goals 63 Assists

Three guys in a class like that is special.

Liam Kerins first two seasons was 25 Goals and 18 Assists. Sadly the wheels came off for him his Junior year. It was nice to see him have a great year in the SPHL that earned him a promotion to the ECHL.

Give me another class? 2012 comes to mind, but remember that Tyler Brenner did not return for his senior year.

I know that you guys see nothing but Wins and Losses, but you forget that there are 22 other guys on this team. Also the quality of the other teams in the league have greatly improved...
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      That’s exactly what he said. He can’t mention any names, at least publicly.

Every commissioner we’ve talked to on the podcast is very pro expansion. Big Ten is hoping Illinois’ feasibility study leads to an 8th team. NCHC is very pro new teams, especially on west coast.
                      Would be nice as we've been hearing about that for years and I really think this unbalance schedule does have an effect.

Little rant, why the heck is Niagara and Canisius hosting the Frozen Four with the Basketball Conference they are in???? At this point I feel like the two Bob's meeting with Tom in Office Space...
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Steve Pinizzotto will not return to the Kölner Haie of the DEL next season. Injured for much of the year, he played in only 17 games totaling 3 goals, 3 assists, and 34 PIM. Between the injury problems and the fact that he's turning 35 in a couple of weeks, it will be interesting to see if he decides to hang up the skates.

Comment

Myles Powell has been called back up to the Amerks. He's been crushing it with Cincinnati in the ECHL with 31 goals and 35 assists in 57 games. Hopefully he gets some playing time in the AHL playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                            Myles Powell has been called back up to the Amerks. He's been crushing it with Cincinnati in the ECHL with 31 goals and 35 assists in 57 games. Hopefully he gets some playing time in the AHL playoffs.
                            Myles needs to get on the scoresheet with the Amerks. I think once the ice is broken the goals will start to come. He reminds me of how Garbo did with the Colorado Eagles. If the AHL doesn’t work out I hope he heads to Europe where many of our Tigers are playing.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              Results?

Erik Brown - 70 Goals and 45 Assists, you might want to look where he finished on the D-I Career Scoring list for RIT...

Gabriel Valenzuela - 38 Goals 66 Assists

Abbott Girduckis - 30 Goals 63 Assists

Three guys in a class like that is special.

Liam Kerins first two seasons was 25 Goals and 18 Assists. Sadly the wheels came off for him his Junior year. It was nice to see him have a great year in the SPHL that earned him a promotion to the ECHL.

Give me another class? 2012 comes to mind, but remember that Tyler Brenner did not return for his senior year.

I know that you guys see nothing but Wins and Losses, but you forget that there are 22 other guys on this team. Also the quality of the other teams in the league have greatly improved...
                              Not to be too much of a smart-a**, but do you understand how sports works? How often a team wins is basically the ONLY measure of how successful they are.
                              The team's top two line players could all get 100+ points in their careers and it would mean absolutely NOTHING if they don't win any games (not likely, but nonetheless...).

But more seriously, my post indicating that this class was one of the two "worst" was merely in response to the stats posted regarding each class' records. Based on that list posted, this class was among the two worst classes as a matter of fact, not debate.
                              If you'd like to judge classes based on their individual point totals, that's fine. It just wasn't what this particular thread was in reference to.
                              Can't we all just get along?
                              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                Little rant, why the heck is Niagara and Canisius hosting the Frozen Four with the Basketball Conference they are in???? At this point I feel like the two Bob's meeting with Tom in Office Space...
                                Because they put in a successful partnership bid to host, that's why.
                                Why did Navy host in 2009? They don't have D-I hockey either.

That partnership was the same that hosted in Buffalo in 2003, but who knows why the MAAC would be still be interested in hosting anything related to hockey. Apparently they did. Three of their schools still play the sport at a high level, even if it is not under their banner. Just conjecture, but maybe because NU and CC are such relatively small schools with (I'm guessing) limited resources for such a thing, they needed a partner to pull it off and the MAAC was willing to help out. Who knows why the AHA either wouldn't help or weren't asked. That would have been a bit more logical.

And... MAAC is not just a basketball conference. It's all sports (hockey notwithstanding), best I can tell.
                                Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 04-15-2019, 12:10 PM.
                                Can't we all just get along?
                                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X