This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

No exhibition game as a warm-up this year. Straight into Colgate, then homecoming.

Only one home non-conference game, and it's at the BCA. No non-conference opponents at the GPC.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      I noticed it, but wasn't surprised by it. I expected that would be the case. Also, the Air Force schedule lists it is Buffalo (but I guess they still call it "AHC" so we can't trust them anyway).

RIT does seem to think they'll be hosting a first round series though.
      I was hoping the Sacred Heart games would be in the morning. 😂
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Only one home non-conference game, and it's at the BCA. No non-conference opponents at the GPC.
        They have a pair of home games at the GPC against UMass-Lowell, 1/10 and 1/11.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
          They have a pair of home games at the GPC against UMass-Lowell, 1/10 and 1/11.
          Well that's what I get for skimming.

Powers &8^]

Comment

AIC does play quite the number of 2 pm games due to sharing the rink. I was also told if there is a home game Friday night for the AHL team, that AIC will not do 2 pm friday and 7 pm saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              The last time I remember this happening was when we played the US U18 team in January 2009.
              I think the reference is to the annual Canadian University exhibition that is normally (for most NCAA schools) in the first two weekends of the season.

The NTDP games were schedule fillers that could happen any time throughout the season.
              Side note: It's probably good those don't pop up on the schedule anymore. That team is light years better than they were back when RIT used to play them occasionally.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                I think the reference is to the annual Canadian University exhibition that is normally (for most NCAA schools) in the first two weekends of the season.

The NTDP games were schedule fillers that could happen any time throughout the season.
                Side note: It's probably good those don't pop up on the schedule anymore. That team is light years better than they were back when RIT used to play them occasionally.
                A few teams have scheduled their Canadian opponent during the break over the last few seasons. It's an opportunity to get back into the swing of playing after taking time off in the schedule for exams and the holidays.

Comment

Well that's what I get for skimming.
                  I might have been thrown off by the two extra non-conference games. Mentally counted to four before I got to "wrapping up the non-conference schedule", saw "Arizona State" and ignored Lowell.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I might have been thrown off by the two extra non-conference games. Mentally counted to four before I got to "wrapping up the non-conference schedule", saw "Arizona State" and ignored Lowell.

Powers &8^]
                    Don't you know better than to look past an opponent yet? It'll bite you every time.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                      The league has asked teams to do that to allow earlier travel time home for the visitors. Some schools like RIT oblige. Others (you can see who from the schedule) do not.
                      And that makes you angry? 🤨

Riddle me this, do you guys camp overnight in New England or drive through the night after the Saturday game?
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post

Riddle me this, do you guys camp overnight in New England or drive through the night after the Saturday game?
                        The team drives back right after the game. That's pretty typical in the league. An early start in Worcester, for example, could get RIT home around 1:00 a.m. instead of 4:00 a.m.

(As broadcasters, we usually travel separately because the team leaves for most of those road trips on Thursday. So we drive back on Sunday morning, unless we're in Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Erie, or Springfield, because we don't have a bus driver.)

Comment

I don't know if the rest of you are as interested as I am in former Tigers in the pros... But most are on short-term 1 or 2 year contracts, so it's interesting to see who gets re-signed each off-season. Here's the current situation for everyone who played professionally last year (to the best of my knowledge):

Currently Signed for Next Season:
                          Chris Tanev (through 20/21 season with the Vancouver Canucks),
                          Matt Abt (through 19/20 season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL),
                          Matt Garbowsky (through 19/20 season with the Graz 99ers of the EBEL),
                          Alex Perron-Fontaine (through 19/20 season with Nantes of France2),
                          Mark Logan (through 19/20 season with Nantes of France2).

Released (or team has announced they will not re-sign): Steve Pinizzotto, Bobby Raymond, Brad McGowan, Max Mikowski, Abbott Girduckis

Retired: Cameron Burt

Contract Expired/No News: Jeff Smith, Jordan Ruby, Alexander Kuqali, Josh Mitchell, Caleb Cameron, Todd Skirving, Danny Smith, Brady Norrish, Myles Powell, Liam Kerins, Erik Brown

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            From the honor of doing one weekend with Ed on an away broadcast let me tell you two things I learned. One the man needs his beauty sleep and two you don't want him traveling angry, he'll run someone over. I offer to drive and he almost throw me out the window. Campbell was sending texts suggesting that too
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                              Short response: NO!!!!!!!!

Longer explanation. I think saying light years better is a bit debatable. While it is true that USA Hockey has done a great job improving this team I think your under selling the old teams. Remember these are under 18s playing our freshman are 19-20 years old. BTW, can anyone remember a player who was on the natural 18-21 college schedule. Bagley was the only one I can remember and he transferred for his last two season with RIT.

Guys like Phil Kessel, Patrick Kane, and Jack Hughes still only come around so often. And btw when they do come around I would love to see RIT play them. I saw Phil Kessel play Canisius years ago on the U18 team it was great and I love to have seen him against RIT. Think of what it could be like if RIT was to advertise a game at the GPC with a guy on Team USA that is widely consider to be the number 1 draft pick in the NHL. Hell if they advertise that they may actually sell out without having to give away tickets. It's a great chance for the team to play top talent like what they will see in the NCAA tournament. And I would not wave the white flag either, lets look at the results for this team last year vs. College Teams.

Ferris State 1-3 L
                              Notre Dame 4-1 W
                              Michigan 6-3 W
                              Minnesota 1-7 L
                              BU 4-5 L
                              Harvard 6-3 W
                              Dathmouth 6-4 W
                              Bowling Green 4-5 L
                              Maine 6-4 W
                              Michigan State 0-1 L
                              Lake Superior 3-7 L
                              St. Cloud 6-4 W
                              North Dakota (Guys who lost twice to Canisius) 2-6 L
                              Holy Cross 6-3 W
                              Duluth 4-2 W
                              Adrian 8-3 W
                              Wisconsin 6-2 W

This team is good, but also beatable and would be great for RIT to host them!
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                Short response: NO!!!!!!!!

Longer explanation. I think saying light years better is a bit debatable. While it is true that USA Hockey has done a great job improving this team I think your under selling the old teams. Remember these are under 18s playing our freshman are 19-20 years old. BTW, can anyone remember a player who was on the natural 18-21 college schedule. Bagley was the only one I can remember and he transferred for his last two season with RIT.

Guys like Phil Kessel, Patrick Kane, and Jack Hughes still only come around so often. And btw when they do come around I would love to see RIT play them. I saw Phil Kessel play Canisius years ago on the U18 team it was great and I love to have seen him against RIT. Think of what it could be like if RIT was to advertise a game at the GPC with a guy on Team USA that is widely consider to be the number 1 draft pick in the NHL. Hell if they advertise that they may actually sell out without having to give away tickets. It's a great chance for the team to play top talent like what they will see in the NCAA tournament. And I would not wave the white flag either, lets look at the results for this team last year vs. College Teams.

Ferris State 1-3 L
                                Notre Dame 4-1 W
                                Michigan 6-3 W
                                Minnesota 1-7 L
                                BU 4-5 L
                                Harvard 6-3 W
                                Dathmouth 6-4 W
                                Bowling Green 4-5 L
                                Maine 6-4 W
                                Michigan State 0-1 L
                                Lake Superior 3-7 L
                                St. Cloud 6-4 W
                                North Dakota (Guys who lost twice to Canisius) 2-6 L
                                Holy Cross 6-3 W
                                Duluth 4-2 W
                                Adrian 8-3 W
                                Wisconsin 6-2 W

This team is good, but also beatable and would be great for RIT to host them!
                                I went to the game that the NTDP team played vs. Bowling Green last season. We played at their home arena in Michigan. The NTDP team was very talented, but in our game they did not always seem to play together as BG took advantage several times. BG had a solid lead, but the NTDP rallied late making the game very interesting. They were definitely a team worth watching and I hope that we continue to play them in the future. Of course, any time I am at a hockey game, I am happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X