This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

RIT historically is the first AHA team to release their schedule, but not this year. Air Force has announced theirs: https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2...-schedule.aspx

Known RIT Schedule so far:

Friday Oct 11 - @ Bowling Green (IceBreaker)
    Saturday Oct 12 - vs Western Michigan or Ohio State (IceBreaker)
    Saturday Oct 19 - Brick City game ???
    Thursday Oct 24/Friday Oct 25 - @ Air Force
    Friday Jan 10/Saturday Jan 11 - UMass Lowell
    Friday Jan 17/Saturday Jan 18 - @ Arizona State
    Friday Feb 28/Saturday Feb 29 - Air Force
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
      RIT historically is the first AHA team to release their schedule, but not this year. Air Force has announced theirs: https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2...-schedule.aspx

Friday Oct 11 - @ Bowling Green (IceBreaker)
      Saturday Oct 12 - vs Western Michigan or Ohio State (IceBreaker)
      Saturday Oct 19 - Brick City game ???
      Friday Jan 10/Saturday Jan 11 - UMass Lowell
      Friday Jan 17/Saturday Jan 18 - @ Arizona State
      Friday Feb 28/Saturday Feb 29 - Air Force
      Thanks for this, looking forward to the complete schedule. I happened to see the roster for 19-20 is populated on another web site.. One addition on defense, one addition to our net minders, and a boat load of forwards.. Maybe we’re going for more speed but seems like the in coming class seems smaller size wise than in recent years. I’m all for it if the end result is improved offensive production..
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post

Interesting how their games at Air Force are on a Thursday and Friday.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Interesting how their games at Air Force are on a Thursday and Friday.
          Air Force has a home football game that Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            Air Force has a home football game that Saturday.
            The layout of the campus must not support it, I do know that Army was able to host Air Force on a Saturday for both a football and hockey game and the rink and stadium are right next to each other. But that might be more of a service academy rivalry weekend type of setup.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
              The layout of the campus must not support it, I do know that Army was able to host Air Force on a Saturday for both a football and hockey game and the rink and stadium are right next to each other. But that might be more of a service academy rivalry weekend type of setup.
              Since there's no time listed for the football game, it may be flexible based on TV coverage, which Air Force has had to deal with in the past. The ice arena and football field are far enough apart with ample parking to handle both at compatible times, but I don't think they'd want a late afternoon or night football game and hockey game overlapping.

Comment

Gene Battaglia tweeted that the schedule comes out today.

RIT Tigers
                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                  Gene Battaglia tweeted that the schedule comes out today.
                  Done

https://www.ritathletics.com/news/2019/6/10/rit-mens-hockey-unveils-2019-20-season-schedule.aspx
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

There are a couple of interesting things I noticed with the schedule. First, the exhibition game is on a Sunday in December this year. That seems really odd to me. It's usually the 1st game of the year, which makes a lot of sense as a warm-up before the season truly begins. Has this happened before? I can't remember any previous year where the exhibition game was so far into the season.

Second, half of the home Saturday games are at 5:05 instead of 7:05. Personally, I'm a big fan of this. I think it should bring bigger crowds. People who don't like to stay out late will be more interested. People who like to go out to the bars, parties, etc. on a Saturday night can come to the game and still go out after and not feel like they're late.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                      There are a couple of interesting things I noticed with the schedule. First, the exhibition game is on a Sunday in December this year. That seems really odd to me. It's usually the 1st game of the year, which makes a lot of sense as a warm-up before the season truly begins. Has this happened before? I can't remember any previous year where the exhibition game was so far into the season.
                      The last time I remember this happening was when we played the US U18 team in January 2009.

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                        Second, half of the home Saturday games are at 5:05 instead of 7:05. Personally, I'm a big fan of this. I think it should bring bigger crowds. People who don't like to stay out late will be more interested. People who like to go out to the bars, parties, etc. on a Saturday night can come to the game and still go out after and not feel like they're late.
                        The league has asked teams to do that to allow earlier travel time home for the visitors. Some schools like RIT oblige. Others (you can see who from the schedule) do not.

Comment

AHA schedule book-ended by series against our old nemesis. This should be fun!
                          Can't we all just get along?
                          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                            The league has asked teams to do that to allow earlier travel time home for the visitors. Some schools like RIT oblige. Others (you can see who from the schedule) do not.
                            On the Tigers' schedule, Army is the only one that did, so far.
                            I have a feeling the AIC game times are out of their hands since they play in an AHL arena, so they might get an early start time by default.
                            I suppose Canisius and Niagara don't really count, though. They don't need earlier travel time to get from Buffalo and Lewiston to Henrietta, certainly.
                            So really, only Holy Cross and Robert Morris aren't feeling the love on RIT's schedule. Is it just RIT, or do they do that across the board, I wonder (too lazy to look up their schedules)?
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Nobody mentioned the RIT schedule is showing the AHA Tournament at the HarborCenter again.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Nobody mentioned the RIT schedule is showing the AHA Tournament at the HarborCenter again.
                                I noticed it, but wasn't surprised by it. I expected that would be the case. Also, the Air Force schedule lists it is Buffalo (but I guess they still call it "AHC" so we can't trust them anyway).

RIT does seem to think they'll be hosting a first round series though.

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X