This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Kind of odd job change, but I wonder if the conference intends for him to take over as commissioner in a year or two. Mitrano's been there since 2001.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      It's a good move for Joe. He has three young children and the RIT job takes a lot of long and late hours. Joe has done a terrific job at RIT and I'm really happy for his opportunity.

Comment

What is interesting was there was a bit of Twitter Drama with another RIT Sports Multimedia kid just recently. Don't have any clue if it has anything to do with Joe, my guess is no. I've had several small conversations with Joe over the years, always struck me as a stand up, honest guy, who did a good job. I wish him the best in his new job.
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
          It's a good move for Joe. He has three young children and the RIT job takes a lot of long and late hours. Joe has done a terrific job at RIT and I'm really happy for his opportunity.
          With three now older kids, all close together in age, two whom are RIT alums, I can relate. The many years of coaching youth soccer and basketball while balancing a career and sneaking out of work early on game days were certainly hectic but the memories are so very worth it. Best of luck Joe.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Kevin Oklobzija reports that Coach Wilson considered applying to the Bowling Green job: https://pickinsplinters.com/2019/08/...r-coach-gionta

Powers &8^]

Comment

Tigers get another 2020 commit: http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_524727

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                Michael Palandra and Brantford will make 3 trips to Buffalo to play the Junior Sabres this season.

Wed, Oct 23
                Wed, Nov 27
                Wed, Jan 08

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Kevin Oklobzija reports that Coach Wilson considered applying to the Bowling Green job: https://pickinsplinters.com/2019/08/...r-coach-gionta

Powers &8^]
                Interesting cause there was more than one report that he interviewed for the job.

His contract was extended through the 2024-25 season and he received a bump in salary.
                I say his game plan worked perfectly, and he deserves it!
                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 08-21-2019, 11:16 AM. Reason: Added
                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule
                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Any body know why there's no comic on the Friday night ofbrick city?
                  RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I feel like they stopped it a few years ago because it wasn't family-friendly enough, but maybe I'm mistaken?
                    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010
                    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Any body know why there's no comic on the Friday night ofbrick city?
                      Because today's college students are too offended by comedians?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Because today's college students are too offended by comedians?
                        The students are ruining it for everyone! Back to my summer snooze.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          The students are ruining it for everyone! Back to my summer snooze.
                          Same here Blaze. I came across a video of Robin Williams doing his raw standup routine on Broadway so many years ago. Robin had no issues going after everybody and everything. Funny if you know how to laugh at yourself and not get too bent out of shape over some of the ‘taboo’ subjects he broached. Not sure how something like that would go over today unfortunately. Sure miss Robin Williams..... anyway hope to make it up to Brick City.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Same here Blaze. I came across a video of Robin Williams doing his raw standup routine on Broadway so many years ago. Robin had no issues going after everybody and everything. Funny if you know how to laugh at yourself and not get too bent out of shape over some of the ‘taboo’ subjects he broached. Not sure how something like that would go over today unfortunately. Sure miss Robin Williams..... anyway hope to make it up to Brick City.
                            Sure, because he didn't do it in a mean-spirited way, or target groups that were already marginalized in society.

But don't let me interrupt the lawn-shooing going on here.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I read an interesting interview with Jerry Seinfeld recently. They broached this subject about how certain topics are no longer considered funny.

He basically said, "The audience is always right. If they don't laugh at a joke, it's not funny. Whether you think it is or not or whether it was at one time. It is your job as a comedian to make the audience laugh. If they don't, you failed at your job."
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

So I picked up my Brick City Tickets using RIT’s Brick City web page. Can’t believe both sides of the ice are essentially all gone except for singles here and there. So we had to to choose behind one of the goals which will be a first for us. Lots of ticketsleft still but hopefully will sell out.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X